main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Airwaves, Streams, Fibers & Cords: General TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 10, 2012.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Still trying to recoup those Waterworld losses!

Juliet316, Ramza and The2ndQuest like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Vudu & FandangoNOW have merged.

Keeps the Vudu name and will be the official content rent/buy source for Roku, competing against iTunes, Prime Video and Google Play/YouTube. Launching today with 200,000 new & catalog titles. 4K and Dolby audio format support on "a good portion" of those titles.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Personally I like Vudu rental probably the most of these so expanding is nice.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Animaniacs relaunch Season 2 date announced:

Been making my way through the first season recently, but pacing myself. Absolutely loved this short piece:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I didn't make through the Season 1 relaunch. :(

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think they've done a pretty good job of recapturing the meta humor and style of the original run. There's at least 2 great, laugh-out-loud jokes every episode between the quick-quips, wise-cracks and maroon moments. Maybe having Pinky & the Brain every episode is a little too much, since those can sometimes stretch the runtime (but usually have the funniest lines, so it balances out). And those smaller vignettes, like the security cam bit above, are actually quite clever sometimes.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    darthcaedus1138 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    solojones likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Good. I had several issues on the PS4 app when trying to skim/pause/rewind on the Snyder Cut and a couple other films that I've watched on there. Granted, I haven't really used the service all that much since it launched, so folks who watch stuff on there more often would likely have those issues multiplied.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Is it gonna support 4k and HDR now....?

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Just added the free version of Peacock, and after a few ads to watch I shall now engage John Wick movies uninterrupted. YAY!

Juliet316, BigAl6ft6 and solojones like this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    so TCM is launching a "brand refresh" today, including a new logo:

[​IMG]

less 50s diner, more 70s technicolorish logo.

comes with new studio look for primetime mank:

[​IMG]

like the multiple levels - robert osborne's first set was two stories, and the first-ever tcm intro (gone with the wind) started by his walking down the stairs.

times has a detailed look at the reasons behind the changes: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/01/arts/television/turner-classic-movies.html

as long as they keep playing the classics, i don't think many of us will care. but i appreciate that they've taken the steps that they have to keep up with the changing times, primarily through the expansion of their offerings on hbo max.

The2ndQuest and Juliet316 like this.
  14. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

This is very much going to be my jam.

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    That's quite a creative team.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Eh I didn't like The Babadook.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    For anyone who grew up on Blue's Clues or have kids that watch it, Steve just made a super wholesome video in celebration of the show's 25th anniversary-

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I thought the 2021 version of The Wonder Years was quite good with shades of the original 80s series, but the perspective from a Black family in the suburbs does make it's own thing. It actually reminds me of the 70s tv show, Good Times.

So happy that Ted Lasso won a bunch of Emmy awards, but the second season is not as good as the first, and the last episode was very bizarre and out of character from the rest of the series.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I loved the last episode. It was a character study on a bizarre character so the episode itself fit that tone.

I agree season two hasn't been quite as good, but it's been more on form these last few eps. The Manchester City one was great.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's quite a bump in the road for them.

solojones and Juliet316 like this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Just a note that 70 million people watched The Game Awards, which is streaming only in most countries. It's relevant and good and the winners are good gamed that people actually played. So many awards shows could learn.

heels1785 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Globes should sell their broadcast to a streaming service or a cable network. USA Network gives you the Golden Globes!

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Game Awards has definitely become a good show- but it benefits greatly from the WORLD. PREMIERE. hype, effectively making it like a mini-E3 event on top of an award show. So there's a high commercial, mainstream, factor involved to draw eyeballs. Movie award shows would have to integrate a mini-Comic-Con aspect to replicate that and that would probably both overshadow, and run counter to, most awards side-goal of highlighting quality fare that may have gotten overlooked by the mainstream (or will never have that level of appeal to begin with, despite the quality).

But it is a thought for a starting point to explore.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    Juliet316 likes this.