main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Alternatives/From a Certain Point of View (Humor)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Apr 11, 2013.

1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Genre: Humor (the crack-type)
    Timeframe: ESBish
    Summary: Vader confronts Luke about his response to Vader's revelation on Cloud City.
    Note: Trust me this came out of nowhere entirely. It just baffles me really lol
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars, it is the property of LFM and the Mouse.
    PS: I just added a part in this...see if you can point out the line.
    Vader confronts his son. "Who drops into a shaft?" He barks, seeming irritated.

Taken aback at first, Luke gapes. "Like I had an alternative." Says finally."Because Force knows I really want to join the Dark side--said no sane person ever."

"There is always an alternative."

Luke snorts and mutters: "Not to you guys." Of course, he means Palpatine really.

"What!" Vader seems really annoyed at this point.

"Oh c'mon ….Sith mantra seems to be join me or die. No alternative there."

Vader says matter-of-factly: "I thought the die part was obvious"

"That's why I said there is no alternative!""

"Yet you chose that alternative nonetheless."

Luke pauses, seeming to realize this obvious point.

"I wasn't trying to kill myself!"

"Temper temper." He tuts.

"That's your fault."

"You can't blame me for everything." Vader states. "You sound like a child. Is it also my fault you decided to commit suicide?"

"I wasn't trying to die. I thought I made that clear."

"No. You made it clear that you'd rather die than join me." Points out. "Once again, you did choose the alternative."

"You're not listening. You made that my only alternative." Luke seems exasperated at this point.

Smiles cruelly beneath his mask.

"And wipe that smile off your face?"

"You can't possibly tell that."

"I don't have to, you're enjoying this and I know it."

Vader seems amused by this.

"I'm out of here. I'm tired of dealing with you now. It's not bad enough you chopped off my hand but I need to have argument of semantics about alternatives with you." Storms off, slamming the door behind him.

This is why some species kill their young.