main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amidala is the Key : An Amidala in Training History

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Glad is June, Jun 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Qui-Gon had showered and changed back into his Jedi robes. Which the steward droid had cleaned and pressed. Qui-Gon laid down on the sleep couch. He was not pleased with the fact he was so spent after the fight with the strange being. He hated getting old. But it was as much a part of the Living Force as being young like Obi-Wan or Anakin. Odd to think the first time Qui-Gon had seen Obi-Wan spar with another student Obi-Wan had been Anakin?s age. It had been a tough fight for Obi-Wan. The other student was at least 5 years older. But Obi-Wan had won. Sheer will and tenacity Qui-Gon had thought at the time. He also saw the raw natural skill the boy Obi-Wan possessed. Yoda had tried to get Qui-Gon take Obi-Wan as his padawan. Qui-Gon refused out of sheer will and tenacity. He was never going to take another padawan. Not ever. No matter how much Yoda and the Council badgered him. Now he couldn?t imagine being without his padawan.

Qui-Gon had to admit to himself, even though he now believed Anakin was the Chosen One, he did not want to let go of Obi-Wan. Letting go of Obi-Wan would leave a great empty space in his life. Obi-Wan was almost ready to take his trials. After this mission Qui-Gon decided to take Obi-Wan fishing at their favorite place on Alderaan. He would talk to him about preparing for his trials to become a Knight. In less than a year Qui-Gon expected the Council to call Obi-Wan before them. He may not pass on the first try. In fact the Council expected he wouldn?t. It was a difficult but the humbling experience. In the long run it helped when the Padawan became a Knight. It was never good for a Jedi to be too proud or sure of himself. Qui-Gon drifted off to sleep with images of Obi-Wan growing up running through his mind.

Something that bothered Qui-Gon the minute he was a wake was why he hadn?t sensed the girl in the room with him. Not until she touched him on the shoulder. Why would a simple handmaiden know how to shield her thoughts? And why would she do it constantly? There were things about this particular handmaiden that didn?t add up to simple handmaiden. Obi-Wan had tried to shield his thoughts from Qui-Gon when he was 14. That is he tried to shield them without Qui-Gon knowing he was shielding them. Usually Qui-Gon knew when he was doing it. That was exactly what this handmaiden had been and was doing. Something was wrong here. Qui-Gon now stood looking at his padawan with a towel wrapped his waist and holding a very pretty handmaiden in his arms.

"What?s wrong?" Qui-Gon demanded.

"Captain Panaka w-want?s to s-see you." Amidala stammered.

"If your going to wake up someone who?s been in combat make sure you do it carefully and can get out of the way." Obi-Wan said curtly.

Qui-Gon gave them a stern look. Especially Obi-Wan. He finally said "Tell him I?ll be there shortly."

Amidala nodded her head. In doing so she realized she was still pressed against Obi-Wan with his arms around her. As she pulled away she noticed Obi-Wan?s eyes get a little bigger. Looking to where his eyes were riveted on her body Amidala blushed, crossed her arms over her chest and ran from the room. Qui-Gon noticed Obi-Wan staring after her. It wasn?t the first time Qui-Gon had noticed Obi-Wan doing that.

"And just what were you doing?"

"Nothing Master"

"Well see that you don?t do anything you that will bring an unplaned child into the world."

"Master don?t be ridicules she?s just a kid, a little girl."

"She?s a young woman. Obviously your body realizes that even if your mouth wont admit it to me."

Obi-Wan looked down at himself. They had had to be cautious with the water while on Tatooine. They had made a couple of make shift moister gatherers while on Tatooine. But with so many people on board showers had been out of the question. Not long after they had lifted off they had come across a comet. The ship had all the latest equipment. Including a mechanism that could collect ice from a comet trail. Melt it, purify i

2. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Hey I just noticed my Amidala story as I call it just made it's 100th post yeah!

3. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Congrats Glad is June!

4. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Yes, congratulations, Glad Is June!

I love this thread! And now it's got Obi in it....bliss....

Hmm, maybe I should be going for a cold shower!

5. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Amidala never knew exactly what Qui-Gon and Captain Panaka talked about. But after the incident with her and Obi-Wan everyone under 30 was kept extremely busy. From combat training to aerobics to cleaning and polishing everything on board that could be cleaned and polished a thousand times over. The only ones who escaped these duties were Anakin, Jar Jar and the Queen (Sabe). Qui-Gon rarely let his Padawan out of his sight. Amidala never told her handmaidens about being held by Obi-Wan. She tried not to think about it. Because every time she did her body would react in a way she didn?t quite understand yet. Amidala and Obi-Wan took a lot of cold showers.

Amidala was very happy to learn they would be landing on Coruscant in an hour.
    Before they landed Qui-Gon asked the Queen (Sabe) if her staff would keep an eye on Anakin and Jar Jar.

"Of course Master Jinn, we would be delighted to." Sabe said in a perfect imitation of the accent that Amidala used when she spoke as queen. "We owe Jar Jar for bringing you to us in such a timely fashion and we can never repay Anakin for the parts to fix the ship."

As Sabe nodded to Amidala to take care of it Amidala thought: ~ ?I would have said my ship? with the emphasis on my! ~ Amidala hadn?t quite yet got over her anger at Qui-Gon for offering Watto her ship.

The girl Padme didn?t completely shield her anger. Qui-Gon noticed but didn?t say anything. He filed it away as another piece to the puzzle. Who was this handmaiden who seemed to have so much influence with the Queen? If Padme had been the Queen?s sister that would have explained it. But Qui-Gon knew the Queen had no sisters only an older brother.

When they disembarked Amidala signaled Anakin and Jar Jar to come with her. She kept herself close enough to Sabe to hear what Senator Palpatine said to her. She told Jar Jar and Anakin to wait in the Senator?s outer office while she attended the Queen

6. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
  7. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Now, Glad is June, that's not nice. I saw both your stories up and thought Hurrah! she posted. And you did, but not the way I'd hoped. :(

8. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
    Yay! You posted!!!

9. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Sorry I didn't mean to disapoint anyone earlier. Here's a post this time. Also here's another time the movie and the book are different. In the book it says both Anakin and Jar Jar go to the Senate. They stand in the door where the Naboo Senate box is docked. In the movie it looks like Anakin says good-bye before the Queen goes to the Senate. If you watch close you can see some one standing in the door as the box pulls away.
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Amidala sat listening to what Senator Palpatine was saying. She didn?t like the sound of any of it. He was actually trying to get her to accept the Trade Federation being in control of her home world. She had seen how comfortable he was here. His quarters compared with the Palace in Theed. She supposed he was trying to be helpful but she would never accept the Trade Federation controlling Naboo.

Ric Ole came to report that the transport was secured. He asked her permission to allow those not posted for duty passes to see Coruscant. Several of the younger people on board had never had had a chance to be off planet.

"I?ve set up a duty roster with Captain Panaka. We will put into place with your permission."

Amidala looked over the roster and gave her permission. "As long as everyone stays in constant contact. We may have to leave at a moments notice."

"I?ll make sure everyone off duty carries their communicators with them. I can order them to stay with in the capital city proper."

"That sounds like a good idea to me. I have a favor to ask you."

"Yes your Majesty?"

"I have to prepare to go before the Senate could you look after Anakin and Jar Jar for awhile. See that they get something to eat. Maybe see a little of the city. Don't get into trouble. I?m afraid Jar Jar gets on Captain Panaka?s nerves a bit. I think he needs a break from him. But stay close. I want Jar Jar to come with me to the Senate. Anakin too unless Qui-Gon calls for him."

"That?s no problem. I kind of like the Gungan even if he is kind of clumsy. The kid will make a great spacer someday."

Amidala had a feeling the Queen shouldn?t be asking but she was too curious not to. "Why do you like Jar Jar?"

Ole laughed. "I?m not quiet sure. But I think mostly because he is honest and there doesn?t seem to be a mean bone in his body. Why do you ask your Majesty?"

"I seems most of my staff have taken an instant like or dislike to him. Padme feels like you. But Captain Panaka tolerates him because I?ve ordered him to. He sees the Gungan as a security risk. A few aren?t quite sure about him yet."

"As long as we keep an eye on him I don?t think there?s a problem. I don?t believe he would ever betray you on purpose."

"No neither do I."

Anakin was called to the Jedi Temple before Amidala went before the Senate. He came to say good-bye to Padme. Amidala was all ready dressed as Queen. She wanted to hug him and give the boy a kiss on the cheek for luck. But as Queen she couldn?t.

"We will tell her Anakin. We are sure her heart goes with you."

After he left Sabe commented on the fact that though the boy had recently been freed he wasn?t afraid to talk to the Queen.

"You would think he would be afraid of anyone in power."

"I don?t think of myself as someone with power over people. That?s what was wrong with our past leaders. I think of myself as serving."

"I know. I didn?t mean it that way. And you do have power your majesty. I hope you have the power to save our people."

"I?m sorry Sabe. I shouldn?t have been so short with you. I know what you meant about the boy being afraid of rulers. I am so nervous. What if I can?t convince the Senate to intervene? What will we do?"

"You will find a way Padme I know you will. Just like you did when we were children and you gave us the courage to win."

"But I was accused of cheating and lost the trophy."

"Yes but you won the respect of everyone there. Every kid in the auditorium that day went home and

10. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
    LOL!!! I'm looking forward for more!!!

11. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Keep it up!
    ..and keep posting!

12. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Can I be greedy and ask for more?

13. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    OK My cute little Snookie is watching a football special so I'm going with what can remember form the movie and the book. The main difference is where the book says Amidala was in her quarters looking out the window when Jar Jar told her about the Gungan army. I and my husband both felt that scene took place in Palpatine's office. Also I don't remember the exact words they said so I followed the books lead.

______________________________________________________________________________

Amidala's stomach was one very tight knot in her middle. Spinning around in the Senate box didn?t help her stomach relax either. She felt she would lose the small amount of food she had been able to choke down any second. Jar Jar had taken one look at the box and opted for standing at the door. Amidala wished she could have stayed with him.

Senator Palpatine was introducing her. No one knew her knees felt like jelly as she stood up to the translation speaker. Those who didn?t speak basic very well or couldn?t speak it at all would hear what she had to say in their own tongue. The more she heard the Senators argue over how what she had said needed to be proven the angrier she got. They had her eye witness report. What more did they need? She forgot her weak knees and queasy stomach.

"Enter the Bureaucrats, the true rulers of the Republic, and on the payroll of the Trade Federation, I might add." Senator Palpatine whispered to Amidala. "This is where Chanclellor Valorum?s strength will disappear."

When Chancellor Valorum asked her to allow a Senate commission to check out the validity of her statements, Amdidala found herself in a turmoil of emotions. The stress of being blockaded, invaded and pursued combined with what Senator Palpatine had just said did not help her response to the Chancellor?s words. It was not neutral or professional. In fact she could hardly contain her anger. Amidala demanded the issue be settled immediately.

Chancellor Valorum had been Naboo?s strongest supporter during the blockade. Now Amidala found herself making the motion for a vote of no confidence in him. On one level Amidala was angry. She wanted her people freed now not in a year. If the message from Sio Bibbo was even half true the Naboo could all be dead in a year. On another level she was shocked as the words came out of her mouth. On still another level Senator Palpatine?s barely concealed delight at Chancellor Valorum?s predicament nagged at the back of her mind. At the moment however her concern for her people took president.

As the chant of ?vote now? filled the Senate Chancellor Valorum sat in dazed shock. With the ?vote now? issue before it Amidala knew no more would be decided about Naboo that day. After a few minutes she asked Senator Palpatine to take her back to their docking bay so she could leave. Captain Panaka stayed with the Senator. Amidala with Jar Jar, her handmaidens and a few guards went back to the Naboo Senator?s Offices.

Her heart was heavy as she watched the setting sun. Amidala found herself thinking of her people. Wondering what she could have done differently if anything. She felt like she had been manipulated into this position. But couldn?t put her fingers on exactly how it had happened. Now she was out of options. There would be no rescue for the Naboo from Coruscant. She also wondered how Anakin was doing in his testing. She hoped he was doing better than her.

Jar Jar for all his clumsiness was a kind hearted fellow. Amidala sensed he felt truly sorry for her and the Naboo. He came over and stood beside her. It helped to have him there. Right now they were both homesick and worried about their people. They both knew the other?s feelings without saying a word.

The Gungans were inferior to the Naboo. They had no feelings to be hurt. They weren?t intelligent enough to realize you had insulted them. The Naboo had rarely seen the Gungans since the nations had divided. But still Naboo said these things all the time. Jar Jar was the first Gung

14. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    The 2 men entered unable to contain their excitement. Panaka said with unmistakable pride that Senator Palpatine had been nominated for Chancellor. Amidala was not in the mood to hear any good news that didn?t offer her planet help. The elections would postpone that help.

"A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. I promise, Your Majesty, if I am elected, I will restore democracy to the Republic. I will put and end to the corruption that has plagued the Senate. The---"

"Who else has been nominated?" Amidala asked tersely. She could hardly stand Senator Palpatine?s false modesty. She wanted to tell him to save the campaign speech for the Senate floor. But she managed to hold her tongue.

"Bail Antilles of Alderaan and Aks Moe of Malastare." Panaka answered her.

Senator Palpatine was surprised by Amidala?s interruption. He however being an experienced politician recovered quickly. "Your Majesty, I feel confident that our situation will create a strong sentiment for us. I will be Chancellor, I promise you."

Amidala?s mind was already made-up. "I fear by the time you have taken control of the bureaucrats, Senator, there will be nothing left of our way of life."

"I understand your concern, Your Majesty. Unfortunately, the Trade Federation has seized control of our planet."

"There is nothing more I can do here. This is your arena, Senator. I have decided to go back to Naboo. My place is with my people."

"Go back! But, Your Majesty, be realistic! They will force your to sigh the treaty!"

"I will sigh no treaty." The tone in Amidala?s voice left no question as to her thoughts about the treaty. "My fate will be no different from that of my people."

Senator Palpatine made a week attempt to stop Amidala. "Please, Your Majesty, stay here where it?s safe."

"It is clear to me the Senate can no longer function. I pray you will find a way to restore sanity and compassion to the Republic."

"Captain!"

"Yes Your Majesty?"

"Ready my ship."

As they left the Senator?s office Jar Jar noticed a strangely pleased look on the Senator?s face. Perhaps because the Senator was thinking ~ "Just exactly where I want her to go. Right back to Naboo where she will die in an accident eventually. But not until the Lord Sidious teaches her where a woman?s place is. And the only thing a woman is really good for." ~

15. PrincessV

PrincessV Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    Love it! UP!!

16. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    As they boarded the ship Amidala spoke with Qui-Gon. She noticed Anakin was with him, but no Obi-Wan. That was some what unusual. Unless he had other duties Obi-Wan had always been in close proximity to his master. But perhaps he was busy on board all ready.

After they took off Amidala called Captain Panaka, the Jedi and Jar Jar for a meeting. Panaka was all ready irritated with her for returning to Naboo. He like Senator Palpatine wanted her to stay on Coruscant where she was ?safe?. So did the Jedi Master, though he seemed to understand better her desire to be with her people. Jar Jar just really wanted to go home. And Obi-Wan? Well Obi-Wan wasn?t talking. His eyes kept changing color. Gray when he looked at the floor. Naboo blue when he glanced up at her. The darkest green she had ever seen the couple of times he glanced at Qui-Gon. Amidala found this distracting. It took all her training to stay focused on what she wanted to discuss.

By the end of the meeting Captain Panaka knew she could not be swayed from her plan. The Jedi Master seemed impressed. Jar Jar was scared but willing to contact his people. And Obi-Wan? Amidala could not figure out what was going on with him. She did know how ever that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had had a serious disagreement that much was obvious.

The last night before they landed on Naboo every one who wasn?t on duty went to bed early. After a couple of hours of tossing and turning Amidala was still wide awake. She decided maybe she could use a cup of spiced munja cider. Amidala looked in on her handmaidens. She was hoping at least one of them would be awake and go with her to the dining hall. They were all dreaming peacefully away. She didn?t want to disturb them. It had been rare over the last year anyone on her staff had gotten a good nights rest.

Amidala went to the dining hall as Padme. She drank a cup of cider and tried to quiet her racing mind. She got a second cup and headed back to her quarters. When she got to the hall that led to the hyper-drive she walked down it. ~ "Maybe if I walk long enough I?ll relax and get sleepy. ~ She had been raised to walk quietly through the forested Hills. It was second nature to do it on the ship. Especially at night. She didn?t sense anyone around until she heard a quiet sobbing. As she came around the hyper-drive Amidala saw Obi-Wan on the floor. To say she was shocked would have been putting it mildly.

Obi-Wan sat on the floor with his knees pulled tightly too his chest. His hood was over his head and his arms wrapped around his legs. He was rocking slightly. Amidala was caught between wrapping her arms around him or sneaking away quietly. She wasn?t sure which to do so she stood there frozen. She didn?t know how long she stood there. Seconds? Minutes? Hours? Finally she managed to make herself begin to move away.

"Don?t go! P-P-Please. It?s all-all right. I h-had a bad d-d-dream. I?ll be okay." Obi-Wan took a deep breath and released it. He stopped rocking. "B-But unless you need to leave I would ap-p-p-preciate it if you would stay. For just a l-l-little while. It helps to have someone n-near until I can get fully fo-focused again." Obi-Wan pulled back his hood. Tears and sweat ran down his face. He looked up at her with a pleading look in his gray eyes. They changed to blue as he looked at her. "How how have you been? I haven?t s-s-seen you since we landed on C-C-Coruscant."

"I?m all right." Amidala managed to get out. The Jedi feel fear too! her mind screamed at her. She felt awkward standing there having walked in on him at such a vulnerable moment. Amidala looked down at the cup in her hands. It was still steaming and warm. Well she hadn?t stood there too long. Looking back at Obi-Wan her heart reached out to him. "You?re the one we should be concerned about here. Maybe this will help." She handed him the cup of cider.

Obi-Wan gladly took the cup. He wrapped his shaking hands aroun

17. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Here's a PG-13 warning before you read. Rape and abuse are talked about here. Not described but talked about.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Qui-Gon was surprised to see the small figure of Padme standing next to the hyper-drive as he looked through the door. He hadn?t sensed her there. He was even more surprised to hear Obi-Wan ask her to stay. After the girl sat down next to him Obi-Wan?s turmoil quieted greatly. He heard the girl say the Queen knew where she was and then correct herself quickly. All too quickly Qui-Gon thought. Obi-Wan was all right. He knew the girl was safe with Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon knew his padawan would never take advantage of a child or any female for 2 reasons. First and foremost was the Jedi Code he believed in. Second unfortunately was because Obi-Wan had been abused himself. Qui-Gon started to leave the 2 to talk alone.

"Do you mind if I ask what the dream was about?"

Qui-Gon stopped. He could see their reflections in a polished panel on a piece of equipment that was at an angle from the door. Qui-Gon wondered briefly if Obi-Wan could see him but didn?t care. Qui-Gon thought of going in and breaking up the 2. He heard the girls voice again.

"It?s just I didn?t think anything could sca-- fright-- I mean disturb a Jedi so badly." Amidala said looking down at the floor.

Qui-Gon saw Obi-Wan look over at the girl. But he couldn?t quite read his expression. Finally Obi-Wan said, "There are things." Obi-Wan put the cup down wrapped his arms around his legs and rested his chin on his knees. He started the slight rocking again. Obi-Wan?s voice was a harsh whisper as he said, "Some things you are too young to know about. I hope you never do. Most of all I hope you never experience them." Obi-Wan lowered his head and placed his forehead on his knees. He still kept rocking slightly.

Qui-Gon silently watched the 2 ready to rush in if the girl persisted in asking to many painful questions. Yet a part of him hoped Obi-Wan would talk to the girl. The soul and mind healers at the Temple said when Obi-Wan could tell someone who didn?t all ready know about the incidents of abuse, they would have less power over him. He would never be free of them like they had never happened. You could release all your pain to the Force. For every hurt, for every torture, for every abuse done to your body. But you would still be a different person than before.

Many people accused the Jedi of being unemotional. Perhaps the reason was because they had to keep such a tight rein on their emotions. That really wasn?t quite it though. The Jedi were to be peace makers not taking sides. To do that you couldn?t let your emotions sway you. So the Jedi were trained to keep them controlled. It didn?t always work Qui-Gon had to admit. He had certainly taken sides when it came to Anakin. And all the other ?pathetic lifeforms? as Obi-Wan called them.

Qui-Gon saw the girl place a hand gently on Obi-Wan?s forearm. "It?s all right. I understand if you don?t want to tell me. You hardly know me. How do you usually get yourself focused? By rocking yourself like this?"

Obi-Wan stopped rocking and looked at Amidala again. She noticed his eyes had changed back to gray again. "Yes. Qui-Gon helps me sometimes when I can?t do it myself. But? well we?ve been busy. He needs his rest. I don?t want to bother him."

Qui-Gon shook his head. Obi-Wan didn?t even want to admit to the girl he and his master weren?t talking to each other. No Obi-Wan was not ready to talk about the rift between them. That meant Obi-Wan certainly would not talk to the girl about the nightmare. Once again Qui-Gon started to leave. But what Obi-Wan said next made him unable to leave.

"Do you really want to know what the nightmare was about?"

The girl nodded. "But you said I was to young."

"You are young but, I was your age when it happened and girls are always more mature. Or so the experts say." Obi-Wan swallowed the lum

18. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    The next morning Amidala slept late. She realized she was more rested and alert than she had been since the blockade began. She wasn?t sure what the Jedi rule were about using the Force to induce someone to sleep were. But she was glad Qui-Gon had given her mind the suggestion. When she got to the dining hall Obi-Wan was just getting his breakfast too. Without saying anything they sat down together. They both were just plain hungry so they ate in silence for a few minutes. They looked up at each other at the same time. A spark of humor passed between their eyes. The result was they almost spit the mouthful of food they had just taken at each other.

Choking and coughing Obi-Wan asked, "What?s so funny?"

"I don?t know." Amidala got out between her own coughs and chokes. "I was just about to ask you. Did I forget to comb my hair or something?"

"No, do I look that strange when I don?t shave? Or are my eyes multi-colored or something?"

"No, I looked up at you and felt like laughing is all."

"That?s what happened with me." Obi-Wan looked at her intently. "For some reason I don?t think your telling me everything that was going on in your mind."

Amidala blushed a little and looked down at her plate. "Wellll?."

"Out with it Miss Naberrie. What made you laugh?"

"Maybe we should talk about something else. I don?t want to embarrass you."

"Last night I told you the most horribly intimate tortures that had ever happened to me. I bared my soul to you and you think anything you say is going to embarrass me?"

Amidala looked back into his eyes. "OK, this time you said you wanted to know. The handmaidens have had this contest or competition going on since we first saw you. We try to guess what color your eyes will be the next time we see you."

"That?s it?! No major confessions about pulling the wings off butterflies or some other despicable deed. You try to guess what color my eyes will be?"

Amidala nodded her head.

"Who usually wins?"

"Sache." Amidala laughed. "We know she?s figured out some kind of method for predicting it. But none of the rest of us can figure out what it is."

Obi-Wan smiled and shook his head. "Girls can be so silly sometimes. We?re about to be pasted as Jar Jar would say and you 3 are trying to guess the color of my eyes."

"Are you trying to say you ?boys? don?t do the same kind of things? And there?s 4 of us."

"The Queen too?"

Amidala nodded her head again. Obi-Wan just smiled and shook his head. But when he spoke he had turned serious.

"Padme, I need to ask you how I got back to my quarters last night?"

"What do you mean?"

Obi-Wan gave her a don?t look so innocent look. "I mean Miss Naberrie I fell a sleep with my head in your lap laying on the hyper-drive room floor. I woke up in my quarters on a sleep couch with my boots off and a blanket over me. How did I get there? You aren?t hiding some special super powers are you?"

19. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Amidala laughed. "I wish I was. In fact I wish all the Naboo had super powers as you call them. If we did the Trade Federation wouldn?t be holding out planet captive." Amidala looked down at her plate a minute and then back at Obi-Wan. With the way he had reacted when she had first mentioned Qui-Gon she wasn?t sure if Obi-Wan would be grateful to his master or even more angry at him. Yet by the end of telling her the nightmare she could sense a child wanting their father. A feeling she was very familiar with. "Well he didn?t say anything about not tell you. Qui-Gon over heard us talking. He came in and took you to bed after you fell asleep. He walked me back to my quarters too."

Now Obi-Wan looked down at the food left on his plate. After a couple of minutes he let out a sigh. "So he knows I told you?" His voice was almost a whisper.

"Yes, he knows. Obi-Wan what is it? What is wrong between the 2 of you?"

Obi-Wan looked back up at her. The eyes were gray again. "You?ve talked to Anakin. I think you already know. If you don?t, please, don?t say anything more about it." Then as an after thought he added. "Please don?t say anything to anyone about what I told you last night. Please."

Amidala was taken aback that Obi-Wan would even think she would repeat the horrors he had lived through. "Obi-Wan," She said laying her hand on his. "You can tell who ever you want or need to tell. But I promise you no one will ever learn of it from me." It was the first of many secrets she kept for him. Qui-Gon had probably asked it but maybe hearing the Question form someone else would help him think differently about it. "Why do you think if you tell someone what happened they will no longer or wont be able to care for you?"

Obi-Wan was quiet. Qui-Gon, Master Yoda, the mind and soul healers and even An-Paj and Leona had asked that of him. All these years later he didn?t have an answer. He blinked back tears. He said what he always said to the others. "I don?t know. I just do." Obi-Wan started to pull his hand away from Amidala?s. She was pure and clean. She shouldn?t be touching him. "I?m sorry for making you listen to me last night. I should have let you leave when you wanted to."

Up to the point of his saying "I?m sorry" Amidala had no idea of what really was going on inside him. But when he started to pull his hand away he was really pulling tight inside himself. Putting on that Jedi aloofness, that emotional armor that protected him from any contact with others around him. Amidala would not let go of his hand. She wouldn?t let him pull away like that. "Now I think your not telling me everything that is going on in your mind. Tell me."

He was surprised by what came out of his mouth next. "Because I?m dirty and you all are so clean." Not only the words surprised him but older than she was the fact that a 14 year old girl had gotten him to say them. He had seen her seem older than she was. It had happened that first night of their escape from Naboo. Now she was doing it again.

"Obi-Wan stop thinking of yourself as used goods. You're not. But as long as you do those men have you in their power. That?s what that kind of abuse is all about. Power over someone you have control over."

"How do you know so much?" As asked the question Obi-Wan got an image of a young girl being held and touched in the darkness. Touched in a way she didn?t want to be. But it was confusing because what ever was touching her didn?t have hands. It didn?t even have a body. Obi-Wan shook the image from his head.

Amidala didn?t give him a direct answer. "You said according to the experts girls are more mature. This is something I just know."

20. i-spy-your-fly

i-spy-your-fly Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2000
    This is great Glad is June!

21. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Fantastic, Glad Is June! Can't wait for more!

22. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Obi-Wan went back to eating. Amidala could almost see the ?wheels? turning in his head.

"Padme? What else did Qui-Gon tell you?"

"Tell me?"

"Stop it Padme. You?re not that good at playing coy. And I like it when you are direct. I don?t meet many people out side of the Jedi Order that are."

Amidala sighed. "I don?t really like being coy but over the last year I?ve learned I can?t be direct with anyone but the handmaidens and my family. Even Panaka is always reminding me to be tactful. Diplomacy is hard for me. But it is necessary when you?re in the position I am."

"I know what you mean. I guess being a handmaiden to the Queen is a little like being a Jedi apprentice I have to be careful about what I say all the time. That?s why it?s refreshing to meet some one I can say what ever I?m thinking to. So now you tell me. What else do you know?"

Amidala couldn?t help it she just had to do it. She motioned him closer so she could whisper to him. With a very serious look on her face she said, "I know the Jedi don?t eat humanoid baby meat."

At first Obi-Wan stared at her in shock. Did she really ever think that? Did she ask Qui-Gon about it last night? Did she?.? Then he saw the glint in her eyes. The brat was teasing him. It felt like he had know her all his life. Obi-Wan had not even yet connected that his eyes changed color with his emotions. But he new if he was going to bluff it had to appear he believe what he was saying at the moment. Obi-Wan?s eyes turned to a midnight blue as he gathered the Force to make his words sincere. A color Amidala hadn?t seen yet. Then with an equally serious tone Obi-Wan respond. "That?s not quite true. We do eat it if it has been prepared by a Jedi priest and blessed. I had some delicious baby Naboo not long ago."

It worked Amidala stared at him in shock for a couple of seconds. Then she caught the glint in his eyes. They both burst out laughing.

Thanks Jane Jinn for reminding me of Kit's idea.

23. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I feel like a broken record. Every day my reaction is "I LOVE THIS STORY".....

24. Puff The Magic Dragon

Puff The Magic Dragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2000
    Me too! I love it as well!

25. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Hi after this post I'm going to work on Count the Cost for the rest of the weekend. I can't believe this but I'm considering starting a 3rd story I have got to be out of my mind. If I do it will be under the name of OH-BE-GONE I think or should I just put it under mine?

Qui-Gon was walking past the dining hall when he heard laughter. In point he heard his padawan laugh. He glanced through the door. Qui-Gon saw Obi-Wan and Padme sitting at a table laughing together. Padme had dropped her head on to her arm that was resting on the table. She was shaking with laughter. Obi-Wan was wiping tears from his eyes and laughing just as hard.

Qui-Gon heard Obi-Wan say, "Got ya! Don?t try to trick a Jedi, little girl."

Padme?s head shot up and there was fire in the brown eyes. "Yes you got me. That?s the only reason you?re still sitting in that chair. But don?t call me little ever again. If you ever do I?ll knock you on your Jedi ass."

Now Obi-Wan was taken aback. If someone had asked him before breakfast about this handmaiden he would have answered / She?s young, sweet, caring intelligent, compassionate, shy, innocent, modest and delicate./ Looking at her physically you got the impression a puff of wind would cause her to evaporate. Never had he seen such a transformation.

Jemmy could be sweet in her own way. She could charm almost anyone male or female, into doing anything. True she had a easier time with men, but she was also a fire brand. Everyone knew it within a couple of minutes of meeting her. Get her mad and look out. He?d experienced more than one blow from Jemmy when she lost her temper as they argued. Obi-Wan had to admit that was a lot. Jemmy was beautiful with lots of curves, curves Obi-Wan loved to hold. She had a wild abundance of chestnut hair, copper eyes and wonderful lips, lips that Obi-Wan loved to kiss.

It was the first time Obi-Wan realized he had consciously compared anyone to Jemmy. Why he was doing it now he had no idea. Perhaps because of how his body had reacted to the girl on the way to Coruscant. How could 2 women who were so different from each other have the same effect on him? Especially since one was still a child. It was frustrating that the child was always catching him by surprise with a comment or a look. Those were the thoughts rushing through his mind. At this moment Obi-Wan had no doubt that Padme could ?knock him on his ass? as she threatened.

"What?s wrong with calling you little? If you hadn?t noticed you are."

"I know I am. But I hate being constantly reminded of it and treated like a 2 year old. People seem to think they can push me around. Just because I?m only 5 feet tall. Size is no indicator of ability or intelligence. So don?t call me little. OK?"

"All right. I wont call you little again Padme. Not unless I want to be knocked on my ass." Obi-Wan teased. "Where did you hear that phrase about size? It sounds like a Jedi teaching."

Qui-Gon listened to their conversation using the Force. He couldn?t believe that this was the second time in 24 hours he was spying on his padawan. But the contradictions in this handmaiden were driving him to distraction. A guard came up to Qui-Gon to inform him Captain Panaka would like to see him in the cockpit. Qui-Gon nodded his compliance with the request and headed toward the cockpit.

It seemed he had something else to thank this handmaiden Padme for. Qui-Gon had not heard Obi-Wan laugh that heartily in a long time. Not even with a few strong drinks in him. Not since Jemmy had lost her baby. That was 3 years ago. Yes the girl was good for Obi-Wan. But it was best if they were kept apart. She was too young.

Obi-Wan was still involved with Jemmy. Who refused to marry him. Even though Obi-Wan had not yet taken his trials Qui-Gon would have given his approval. But Jemmy left no doubt when it came to marriage. It was not what she wanted. At least not now. Jemmy, Qui-Gon knew w

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.