main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Anaheim Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 18, 2019.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Wow!!

And [face_laugh] at joining the newsletter

Temp77 likes this.
  3. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Chris, yes, I'll still call and see, did you get your reservation? Did you have to wait long if so?

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    We're not going through the hotel block this time. There's 4 (hopefully 5) of us so we're looking at suites as a lot of them work out cheaper than getting 2 twin rooms even through the block. Got our back up locked in. Our first choice hasn't come down enough yet, but fingers crossed it will over the next few days.

5. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I wonder how many people were able to get the hotel of their choice or rooms? I heard this morning when trying to sign in, 501st and Jedi clubs were given priority, but that makes sense since there are tons of members and they should stay together!

6. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    A friend who already had tickwts was able to book a room for me at the Embassy Suites At Hilton Anaheim South. $199 a night for 5 nights from Wednesday to Monday..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  7. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I was on the forum this morning and didn’t see anything about a 501st block code like they usually do so I’m surprised to hear that. I hear about a link if you want to book 10 rooms or more but members didn’t seem to have the upper hand

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I saw nothing about a 501st event code and I’m on the events teams for my garrison. I could be wrong sure but didn’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I didn't hear or see anything from the costuming clubs about rooms either.

10. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I called the housing number to see if there was hope for a hotel, it said if you are members of 501st or Jedi groups press this number for reservations, it seems like they have their own hotel blocks reserved. I also received the reservation code this morning about 8am. we were ready at 12 noon and in less than 5 minutes-no hotels ,but I reserved one 5 miles down the road. only paying $614 for 6 days!

11. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I found some images of @ChrisLyne's room on hotels.com.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BrentC007 and Padme501st like this.
  12. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I got, not one, but two emails telling me that, because I'm a ticket holder, I will be able to book a hotel room. But, it's so funny, because I'm actually not a ticket holder, since they scheduled the event for a certain date that I determined I wouldn't be able to attend, and then they said no wait jk it's actually going to be on this other date that I could attend. But I guess they forgot the fact that I no longer have a ticket to this wondrous event, and I guess they figure I can just hang out there at a hotel nearby while everybody else goes to Celebration.

ReedPop, please don't ever change.

13. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    @ChrisLyne is really lucking out with the view!

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  14. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Very beautiful scenery!

Padme501st likes this.
  15. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    @ChrisLyne When you see Kermit the Frog, would you mind getting his autograph for me?

16. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    Anyone receive any confirmation yet that have been placed on hotel waitlists ? My friend and I both made made requests yesterday and haven't heard back. I would think they have a lot, but sometimes you at least get an automated response saying the request was received and I didn't receive anything like that yet.

17. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I called Housing Connections and asked the same thing, they said they could not put anyone on a waitlist, this was a human being speaking too. they said keep calling back to see if there were any cancellations.

18. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    Yes, you can not call to placed on the waitlist but instead are directed to make an email request for that to happen. In our case it is to add Sun to Mon to existing reservations. Also, I did call yesterday and I took the automated press 1 if you are with the rebel alliance or something like that as a fun phrase versus it being for the 501st or something like that which was discussed a few posts ago.

19. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    Update - I received the email confirming I am on a waitlist to add an extra day to my stay so all is well at this point. I have looked at the portal a couple of times even though we have our main reservations things are showing up here and there for others to get rooms as well.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  20. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Very good! I hope you can end up getting the whole days for the con!I would love to get a hotel by the convention center, but the outside hotel I called and at $614 for5 days at a Hilton run place is good enough for now.it comes with free breakfast, BUT... if the virus mandates are not lifted by the time of Cele. they will make a bagged breakfast!-exciting!!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Looks like most hotels are now booking for the whole week and prices per night are insane.

Padme501st and star_wars_is_good like this.
  22. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Through Celebration Housing, or direct?

23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I imagine direct since hotel block is currently sold out (barring the odd night popping back up as people switch stuff around).

darthvader88 likes this.
  24. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I got rid of my reservation at the Carriage Inn but I noticed the new rates are more than they were when I booked it 2 weeks ago

darthvader88 likes this.
  25. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I already got the days I needed, just trying to see if I can add checking in on that sunday inatead of tuesday the week of Celebration