main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Anaheim Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 18, 2019.

1. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    The hotel I booked through the Connections site is supposed to charge a one night deposit around April 28th.

2. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I had forgotten I also tried to get Anaheim Marriott, and just got an email saying I'm confirmed for all but Sunday night - no worse than my fairfield reservation, If I can get Marriott...

3. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I called to see what the waitlisting was all about and got a very curt answer that 'Sunday night is waitlisted.'

I went back into reservations and was able to get Anaheim Marriott for all five nights we will be there, and the email I got says confirmed.

Now I have three reservations. I'm curious what each one will do moving forward.

4. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Just tried to modify my room from a King bed to two beds at the Hilton but they wanted double the price. They were the same price when I booked the reservation and they had the room available but kept saying prices are dynamic and would not budge. Lesson learned, always reserve two beds in the future.
    Edit: My reservation was not through the Hotel block. It was made directly via the Hotel website

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  5. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    @JonSB Did you get that through the Hotel block ? In my confirmation it said hotels may charge a night beginning on the April 28. Though many probably won't that is a date many people will decide to keep their reservations or not. What days are you staying ?

6. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    @zcure1 No, this was directly from Hilton on their site. I did have another reservation through the hotel block but I canceled that two weeks ago. I do remember the notice that they may charge a night beginning April 28th. Right now I am coming in on Tuesday and leaving Monday

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    darthvader88 likes this.
  7. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    I booked through Connections and saw the 4/28/22 one night room and tax message. I called Best Western today and was told that I wasn’t in their reservation system yet. I’ve never booked using the official hotel block before (in the past I used my Marriott employee rate) so I’m not sure how or when I’ll receive confirmation details.

8. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I got charged my first night when going through the block for Chicago, but I think it depends on the hotel. We will see what happens tomorrow (if anything).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  9. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Was Connections, or Onpeak that did Chicago? I didn't get charged anything until I actually got to Chicago and checked in at Hyatt Regency on East Wacker..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Onpeak.

I said it depends on hotel.

11. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    It looks like a lot of the closer hotels to the convention center are open on Connections if anyone was still hoping to grab a room at one of those.

12. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    BobaThrowsaFett and JonSB like this.
  13. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    That sucks! My reservations at the Marriott are twice the price and non refundable. I booked to make sure I had something and now I wish I hadn't.

14. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
  15. BobaThrowsaFett

BobaThrowsaFett Jedi Master

May 4, 2004
  16. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Not sure if it's still there but read yesterday that the Presidential Suite at either the Hilton or Marriot (can't remember which) was showing available via the hotel site. Just a cool $1900+ per night!

darthvader88 likes this.
  17. groove790

Aug 16, 2010
    We could turn it into hostel and charge per person per night and if we get about 60 people per night we may be able to make a few bucks...

ChrisLyne likes this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm surprised Ewan didn't book it with the money he's taking from me.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  19. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    As a brief follow up, I was charged one night room and tax today, so I can rest assured that I’ll have a place to stay at the end of May.

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I haven't been charged anything yet.

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    So, if we all pitch in, we could have a helluva Kenobi screening party...

ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Is it wrong part of me is thinking about buying a returning a really nice TV from Best Buy so I don't have to use the room TV? [face_laugh]

Would never do it but man I really don't want to watch the first half the series in bad quality before I go home. (yes, I know, first world problems).

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'll bring my work laptop anyway, and could also bring a hdmi cable for the hotel room. By looking at room photos on the Clarion website, I can't tell if the room TVs have an hdmi port or not...

Nerrrds :p

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    star_wars_is_good and ChrisLyne like this.
  25. groove790

Aug 16, 2010
    I have a pretty nice 1080p 2000 Lumen projector I can bring. It can go up to 300 inches. I'm happy to haul it if someone wants to nail down a venue and a sound system. I don't arrive until Friday evening though so I may not be there in time.

ChrisLyne likes this.