main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Anakin Skywalker (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    What, Chopped liver are we? - Ghost Yoda, probably

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Yes, I agree 100%. The most amazing thing about Ahsoka was the possibility for more character depth and even possible growth for Anakin.

In fact, as many have been discussing, Anakin could be, and arguably should be, a returning, even supporting character.

Especially if the Mortis story is really the actual story as it seems to be.

3. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    He's certainly no force ghost cameo in Ahsoka. Whatever deaging tricks they did, worked. He looked appropriate to time period with a slight glow of force magic. Between the appearance of Morai, the Mortis gods and Anakin, something big is up on Peridea. Whatever it is, I think it's why the witches went to sleep.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    General Skywalker

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
  5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trail...NIdCyHUaqFqas75kFOvpRIqDx5chU3OBewZLiuVQva3jc

I feel like Anakin is a bit misunderstood by some. To me, Hayden got to show us a perfect blend of Rey vs. Ren in his own manner. The problem with the Sequel Trilogy, in my view, was. that Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver were given two characters who got too thin in terms of content. By contrast, what we got here was Hayden playing a post-redemption Anakin who may well be all-powerful or somewhat limited. One can only dream. I mean, just think. He may be stuck in the World Between Worlds in the sense that he can't talk with other Force ghosts as often, but he can talk with the living more. But I tended to view him as the Father, as Balance of the Force. That's really the whole point of Lucas' grand design. It's not meant to be fully understood. It's a mystery, one with which we can envelope around our imaginations. That's what makes this damn thing called Star Wars enrapturing.

I tended to look at the Force as more Taoist pre-Filoni. But I like how Filoni brought these so-called pagan elements (Anakin in the World Between Worlds, Wolves, Whales, Father, Daughter, Son, and so on) into the Cosmic Force. It makes ya think. For me, Hayden got to do some of what Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver wished they could do for two different characters. Not the actors' faults, of course. In a bizarre but fascinating way, Anakin got to be a living Dyad. He got to be the light side and the dark side, Daughter and Son, merged in a sense. Which is damn perfect in my book. You need both light and dark to find enlightenment. Palpatine was right about that, but he lied, since he only cared about the darkness. Anakin was trying to help Ahsoka let go of her inner doubt, her potential for despair, and her past that was dragging her back. And amazingly, Anakin got to be an interesting Jedi Master, but of balance. Plus, ya know, we got to see Hayden use his signature moves again. Love this Canadian farmer getting recognition. Well, I love farmers in general. Mara Jade always did like to flirt with Anakin's farm boy son.

6. Bibliora

May 24, 2023
    Don't forget Bendu, he's still out there somewhere.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  7. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Oh, yes. Tysm. The Bendu was one of my faves in SW:R.

Bibliora likes this.
  8. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Think that the World Between Worlds is actually inspired by daoism, considering the multitude of heavens for the immortal sages to dwell in, according to their cosmology.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia G22 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    Bibliora and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  9. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    YES! I love Taoism. We discussed Star Wars' connection to Taoism with the youth for whom I volunteer. Great discussion.

I honestly think that Anakin has traits of not only the Father, but also the Son and Daughter. Many have compared him to the Son, but I don't think he gets enough credit for having similar traits to her, as well. I do, however, know why she was featured in the episodes less than the Son and Father. While her death factored into this, Anakin is a pretty ambiguous ambiguous character at that stage and in general. So, he would have more in common with Son and Father than Daughter. The Son's arc of falling to the dark side completely mirrors and foreshadows Anakin's eventual fall.

Anyhow, Witwer had a standout performance as the Son. Also, Lloyd Sherr did a good job as the Father. I know they did some effect on his voice, but it's still a good performance.

Yep. I was just thinkin' about how good Sherr was as the Father because his voice was heavily featured in this tribute to Anakin, which is both heroic and villainous.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I hear he's travelling in a blue police box this November along with Huyang and Wilhuff Tarkin.

Mostly Handless and Bibliora like this.
  11. Bibliora

May 24, 2023
    That's why it's bigger on the inside. All for Bendu.

Django Fett likes this.
  12. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
  13. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    And that's how you Star Wars. :anakin: =D=

Ghost Ryder and ShayaLothal like this.
  14. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    From recent comments of Filoni, i think we will see mutch more of Anakin Skywalker in future...

15. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    We will monitor this information with great interest.

16. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Also Hayden Christensen just confirmed he is a Mortis god kind of character now, he saved Ahsoka from dying and is all knowing and all powerfull that he always wanted to be....

17. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Wonder if that counts for all of the force ghost characters now, considering Obi-Wans little speach to Vader in ANH about becoming more powerful than he's able to imagine.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia G22 mit Tapatalk

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  18. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Didn't know where else to put this. But my Hot Toys Vader just arrived. (can't light it up yet cuz i don't have the right USB cable for it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Count Yubnub and Happy Sando like this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The head-to-body proportions seem off. Just a bad angle for the photo, or is his head actually too big?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  20. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Just a weird angle. Couldn't quite get it right w my iphone camera, and i wanted that huge crack to show nicely.

I bought another Vader about a decade ago, and this one is sooooo much better sized and constructed. The head/helmet is really well done, the cape material is thick and heavy, and the shoulder armor feels secure and not just taped on. lol.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    Happy Sando and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    [face_plain]

Ghost Ryder and Bor Mullet like this.