main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft 3rd Impact: All of You, Draft Like You Want to Win! -- Winner: Shurron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Okay so, prepared Arika is in her strongest form I guess, and knows what she has to do to beat Xellos, which is basically eradicate his entire form. Can she do it? She has the power to, and I would say she's not the typical opponent he's used to facing, not that he fights much anyway but he's clearly shown that he can. I'm having a hard time in my mind though, seeing her taking him out when she seems to have so much trouble according to my understanding, in terms of fighting new people and using her powers to their fullest. And she also seems to need to consult with others alot. She just doesn't seem like a person who would excel immediately at this sort of challenge. So, while I think it's a good fight, I think Xellos will probably kill her before she can do him in.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The big question is, I think, whether she takes Xellos out before he gets serious and pulls out the big stuff. Because, with his level of versatility, it gets a lot harder for her once he knows the kind of firepower he's up against. If she went with her best attack from the start, and he tried to block instead of dodging, I could see it going her way, but it could also easily reverse if he survives too long. Anything with a charge-up/loading time would tilt things heavily back into his favor, too. Way too much of an opening. On the other hand, Xellos can't simply wave away her attacks as he usually likes to. How his attacks would affect her, I'm...not really sure, but I imagine she wouldn't be impervious to them. And he has some big ones. Speed probably goes to Xellos when he holds nothing back, and his teleportation moves would come in handy here. His opponent is prepared, which hurts him, but as he said himself, whatever she throws at him won't do much if it doesn't hit. And he's fast when he feels like it. I can't see him risking extended close combat after the first attack if he doesn't have to, either.

Lot of variables in this match, since they're both fighting outside their usual types of opponents. Narrowly, I'd give the edge to Xellos, but it's a close one. He could certainly end up losing his share of the fights, but I have trouble seeing it happen more than half the time.

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    So... CONGRATS, DURRON!

4. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    *YAAAAAAAAAWWwwwwnnnn...*

Oh, sorry, what I totally meant was this:

OHHHHHHHHH YYYYEAAAAAHHHH!!!

[image=http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/5/2/129173143640452309.gif]

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That works. Congrats, Durron!

6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations.

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I am shocked. Shocked!