main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Animated Spinoff films

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 15, 2015.

?

Would you like a Animated spinoff.

1. yes

83.3%
  2. no

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Would you watch them

2. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Guarantee in the couple of years Pixar will do a spin off. It will be glorious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    An Ewok centric film by Pixar set before ROTJ. Could be great.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    As long as it had good enough quality as the clone wars film yes

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Personally, I hope its quality would be much much better than the Clone Wars film.

6. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Look at the quality of animation LucasFilm is getting with "Strange Magic". If they can make a Clone Wars film with that quality of animation that would be great. What I would really like to see is something along the lines of those CG Trailers for The Old Republic MMO? Maybe not set in that timeline but that type of animation.

DarthKreVass and Dewback like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

That stuff was very very expensive.

8. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Maybe if it looked like this

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I have said this before on here, I think they should make a Pixar, Star Wars, Toy Story about a kid who loves Star Wars and his room is filled with Star Wars Toys, Posters on his wall, and Star Wars Memorabilia. The Possibilities are Endless. I know some on here have said Disney said they would not mix there Divisions or Studios, but They Already did that with Disney Toon Studios and Marvel with Big Hero 6 Which I just saw at my Local Discount Theater for $3.00 It was An Awesome movie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

This needs to happen now.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I wonder if Brad Bird would do a SW animated film..

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I would love to see Brad Bird Involved in Some capacity In Star Wars, I loved The Iron Giant and The Incredibles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Jedi Joe- and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes because it allows for more Rebellion era movies.

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Depends on several factors:

character, storyline and art. If they keep using that ugly TCW / Rebels style cgi I will skip.

I would love something that would use some of the great SW artists Dark Horse comics had. An anthology perhaps with art by Wheatley, Duursema etc.

15. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I'd rather if we got animated movies for them to push the visuals away from the realism of KOTOR. I want heavily stylised, something that would justify an animation rather than a could of just as easily been live action.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  16. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    I don't watch the cartoons now. They could do it but seems like they're doing okay with Rebels. Since they're mostly for kids I think it would be better if they left them on TV to be accessible to them without having to buy a theater ticket.

17. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    I think it would be great to see more of "The Adventures of Luke Skywalker" set between ROTJ and TFA with Luke and friends still in their prime (which would clearly need to be animation not live action). They could either cherry pick from Legends to make the new canon or just start from scratch.

Although I guess if TFA establishes that Luke's just been a hermit for 30 years that will rule that out!

18. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    Actually maybe that would be better as a TV show and not a movie. It would basically be the TV show I longed for as an 7 yr old after Jedi came out.

19. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    depends, I would like one for a more mature audience. Mature as in maturity, Not vulgar. I like prefered the Maturity of the first two ANH and ESB. I am disappointed in the turn ROTJ took (i.e ewoks), but that's too late. I also like the maturity tone of some of the comics and books and some of Clone Wars, the ones that weren't kiddy like the Ventress story arc.

I wish Disney didn't but star wars I tried watching rebels and it was too childish for me. At least Clone wars could appeal to a variety of age ranges, but enough of the rant

An animated Spin off I would like to see

Is one that focuses on Luke Skywalker between ANH and ESB and between ESB and ROTJ. It would be nice if disney licensed Star wars to an anime company. I think it would be fitting if a Japanese Company did a Star Wars anime. Lucas was inspired by samurai films and it would be nice for Star Wars to go back toward that.

20. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    If it's done in the ugly style of The Clone Wars CGI series or Rebels, no. I would give it a shot if the animation was closer to Brad Bird/Pixar animation. 2D animation would be preferable.

21. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Absolutely-as long as it's given the full budget, attention, and care that we've come to expect from Disney/Pixar's animated features. The Clone Wars movie was the husk of a television pilot hastily transferred into something vaguely resembling a movie. Therefore, it should not be seen as a standard for what animated Star Wars could be.

Take a look at The Incredibles. That movie takes its time, builds genuine, relatable characters, isn't afraid to take itself seriously when it should, and still manages to be an extremely fun, visually dazzling animated flick for all ages. That's the standard I'd want animated SW to live up to.

22. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Star Wars: Rebels

23. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I would love to see an animated shadows of the empire animated movie, plus thrawn trilogy.

24. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    I'd like to see a traditionally animated Star Wars film. CGI is fun and all, but i miss traditional animation. I always wondered what a Bruce Timm (Batman: TAS, Justice League Unlimited) Star Wars project would look like.

25. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    No to a Pixar Star Wars. Makes me shudder. A Studio Ghibli Star Wars, on the other hand, I would fork over some cash for. But Disney holds the reigns, so it's never going to happen...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.