main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Anne McCaffrey Has Passed Away

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by LAJ_FETT , Nov 23, 2011.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    From Locus Online:

SFWA Grand Master Anne McCaffrey, 85, died November 21, 2011 of a massive stroke at home in Ireland.

McCaffrey is best known for her long-running Pern series of SF novels and stories. She was the first woman to win both the Hugo and the Nebula Awards, with ?Weyr Search? (1968) and ?Dragonrider? (1969) respectively.

I wasn't a fan of her dragon books but I did like her 'Ship Who Sang' series.

R.I.P. @};-

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Saw the announcement earlier, and it reminded me that while I have the Dragonriders of Pern books, I never actually got around to reading them, surprisingly. So since I'm back in Columbia I've pulled it out (a 3-in-1 volume) and am adding that to my list of stuff to read.

3. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I did enjoy the first Dragonriders books, and am sad to hear that she has passed. She did great work; she will be missed. @};-

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, wow! She's definitely huge in the SFF world. This is a real shame :( I've only read a couple of her (less famous, I think) books. I had no idea she was 85!