main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anthony Daniels (See-Threepio) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ender_and_Bean, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    "Meatbags..."

2. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018

HAHAHAHA

3. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    It's too bad that daniels has kinda crapped on the prequels since getting involved with the sequel trilogy.

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Anthony daniels comes across as abit of a crowd-pleaser. if the fans had loved the prequels he would be talking about them fondly too. but because there was such a gloom over the PT for a long time... he had to agree with the masses.

5. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I mean...he might just genuinely not care for the PT. The PT may have been vindicated by history but they still have their detractors, just like the ST.

And I think that’s fine. Also, I don’t think it’s crowd pleasing to dislike something that is evidently so popular.

6. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Rarely do you hear actors talk negatively about something that the crowd they are talking too love.

If you expect the audience will agree, then you will be more likely to offer strong criticism against it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  7. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
  8. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    3-cpo finally go full sith and take on his human overlords.

9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It might have something to do with Threepio's lesser and lesser importance as you go from TPM to AOTC and finally ROTS, yet Artoo still remains as prominent as he was in the CT. Take into account AD relationship with Kenny Baker, even though KB spends less and less time inside Artoo, the character's prominence over his own character may have been a bitter pill to swallow.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  10. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    He'll be voicing C-3PO in some animated series or maybe even voicing a new droid in the Kenobi or Mandalorian series or something in the future, I have no doubts.

11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  12. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    [​IMG]

HevyDevy likes this.
  13. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I love the PT, but I can't blame him for feeling like he was really given a bad role in those movies. Again, I love the PT, but those Geonosis scenes are embarrassing,

CrazyOldJedi and jeangreyforever like this.
  14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    They studied his episode 1 looks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm really glad he will have a seemingly more prominent role in this movie after being nothing more than a glorified cameo for the last two movies. I just hope this doesn't mean he will die in this movie, it will break my heart if it does happen.:(

SlashMan and Darth-Seldon like this.
  16. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    A theory...messing with Threepio's head somehow returns his PT memories to him, and he recalls Anakin as a boy and young man.

Threepio tells all this to Rey, who goes to Ben with it, and that's why they both smash the Vader mask. Ben finally understands who Anakin was and how 'Vader' was, essentially, a lie.

17. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014
    Maybe this is already being discussed in past pages or the trailer discussion but does anyone think that when C3PO says he’s taking one last look at his friends, that it could be JJs way to show flashbacks from th saga and have us all crying.

I love the idea

I also think that in the last 4 min of the movie, Rey restores his memory bank and he is reunited with R2D2 with some smart witty and sweet dialogue, it could be a one of the true happy endings of many , this movie’s gana have. This could be where he goes back and remembers and we see the flashback at the end.

Either way it’s a cool idea I hope I’m right.

18. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Is C3PO’s memory wipe on level a callback to ROTS?

19. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    “Having a last look, sir... At my friends” :_|:c3po:
    [​IMG]

Thank you Anthony Daniels, for playing C-3PO in every Star Wars movie since 1977... ^:)^

20. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Great bit of continuity there. That and a Battle Droid back to back? That's enough to build some hype. Remember that the the "naked" 3PO was engineered to fit inside the plating; a deleted scene from Attack of the Clones involved Padmé applying the coverings.

So I love that R2 and 3PO are going to have roles again, and Tony Daniels' delivery on that line in the trailer was absolutely brilliant... But it felt pretty empty to say to exclusively ST characters. Makes me curious if anyone actually tracked his previous screen time in minutes.

21. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Really cool seeing a physical battle-droid, too, is that a first? May have been one or two in TPM, hard to say.

22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    What if 3PO forgets everything that happened after his memory wipe?

23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope they wake up the battle droid and call him Roger.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  24. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    And CGI C3PO probably meant less money than he always be suited up and on set.

And didn’t he have negative remarks about Kenny Baker and evening the Big 3 actors?

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    That's the First Order 'Captain's Medallion' (or whatever it's called) that gets them past the security measures on Kylo's Stardestroyer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.