main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anthony Daniels (See-Threepio) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ender_and_Bean, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Sorry, just had to chuckle when i read that. Does he even have eyelids? ;)

Anyway, yeah, I think we can presume that he's reviewing stuff. It suddenly hits him how much he's been through and reflects on that. I also like the idea brought up by someone here that perhaps R2 acts as a projector to 3PO's memories, being able to show his "friends" a collage if moments.

2. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I meant the lights in his eyes blink LOL. But yeah...

Maybe we even see what Threepio is seeing and quickly flash through a lot of his memories. Could get different views of scenes from the OT that way, or maybe just extended footage of the Ewoks worshipping him as a god.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Alien Vanguard likes this.
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    As I said, Artoo is with Poe at the end of the movie....as both are in the same X-Wing.

If Poe dies then so does Artoo.

Not going to happen.

4. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    @CrazyOldJedi

Artoo could exit that x wing before being destroyed, as could Poe before being killed.

Not saying they will be but your logic is slightly off.

5. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Would love to see his rocket boosters become active again to tie in with PT

6. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Oh man yes!

7. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    Both c3po and R2 can display their hidden special features :)

8. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Knight of Ren pursuing the heroes down cobbled streets? Sounds pretty spoilers. Cobbled sounds like “Kijimi,” and I don’t know if we’ve yet heard that the KoR appear there, have we?

10. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019

The OP clarifies this in the comments:

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    OK, but that doesn’t change much. If they’re rumored to be in Kijimi, I’m sure...they’re in Kijimi.

alwayslurking likes this.
  12. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    I should get that book. I loved reading his frequently hilarious (New & Improved!) Wonder Column in Star Wars Insider back in the day. I still remember the spoof ad for Bothan Burgers (From Leftovers)

13. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Anthony Daniels: "Well, yes [I understand the backlash to the sequel trilogy]. I do understand why the fans are unhappy... It speaks to a devotion that they care so much that they mind if someone messes with it. I understand people being critical of the films." "I know it has been particularly difficult for [Mark Hamill] lately because the new movies haven’t given him much to do. I certainly recognise that and can relate to it. In these new movies, I have felt like a table decoration. And that is difficult because I recognise this character (C-3PO) is worth so much more. But I understand it is a whole film, not a feature about C-3PO. That is just my personal disappointment. I get paid whether or not he does anything but it would be nice for him to have a purpose." "It was certainly a bit weird in the prequels. But I accepted the storylines were very different. I was very glad to be there although they weren’t that much fun to do." "C-3PO has a major arc [in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker]. I am very satisfied with what I had to do in this movie and I am very satisfied with everything I know about this movie." "People should be respectfully critical. The toxicity was so shocking and unpleasant. And often wrong. To be venomous and cruel is against the ethos of a story about goodness." "I get tweets from people saying they will never watch another Star Wars film again. Well, I bet they do. Everybody needs to see how it ends. And I hope they do because, from everything I have seen so far, it is really rather good." (November 2, 2019)

14. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Well, there's no reason Daniels has to say goodbye to Mark Hamill--they can email, call, text or see each other at conventions/events etc--so Daniels must mean that their characters have a better final scene together than the quick unscripted wink Luke came up with so they could actually connect in TLJ. My favorite moment from the scene BTW.

15. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    I think the lighting in that scene is gorgeous btw. The haters should really think of the craft that goes into these films.

jeangreyforever and Fin McCool like this.
  16. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Is anyone else really pissed off at how he was treated by fans after he said what he said? They turned on him so quickly and it actually made me furious considering how long this guy has been around. Any other day they'd be telling people to rEsPecT eAcH oThErS oPiNiOn DoNt bE tOxIc but look at them. It's seriously infuriating how they have no problem beating on the guy, someone who has been apart of the franchise from day one, just because he voiced what many other Star Wars have voiced lately. Their opinion. Their inability to understand any sort of criticism that anyone else might voice just shows severe lack of maturity and rationale, and I find that utterly disgusting.

17. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    You should go on reddit and twitter and state this argument.

I’m being serious. State this counter-argument in the threads that you say turned against him for sharing his opinion.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  18. RandomGreyJ

Jun 14, 2016
    Which reddit should I post it in? Leaks, speculation, etc?

19. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Either/or.

Wherever you said you saw it.

20. RandomGreyJ

Jun 14, 2016
    I'll do r/saltierthancrait first. Then I might do leaks or spec. Leaks is supposed to be for "news" if it's not spoilers or new info/leaks. It's not exactly speculation either. But I feel like it might fit in leaks because it's new info about news that should be considered by fans to be important.

cerealbox likes this.
  21. Mr. Crumb

Mr. Crumb Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2013
    He's at it again:

[​IMG]

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He needs his pills again.

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  24. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Anthony Daniels: "Back on another set [for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker], the next day, forgetting I had seen and heard myself for the last time, it was filming as usual. Of course, it was all out of sequence but in the final edit, we had shot the closing moments of the film itself. It was a rather moving experience. Especially for me. I could see my future changing. But as the end of this trilogy, it all felt so right and so fulfilling. Chris [Terrio] and J.J. [Abrams] had gathered in all the threads and tatters of the previous episodes and spun a mystery of their own; a wondrous coup of creative storytelling, a fulfilling and rewarding closure, for everyone." (I Am C-3PO - The Inside Story, November 5, 2019)

RokurGepta and alwayslurking like this.
  25. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    So is this the end of Daniels playing C3P0? he makes it sound that way, but what if suddenly he got a call to be in the Cassian tv show or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.