main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apocrypha: an in-depth analysis of non-canonical media

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SpecForce Trooper, May 12, 2022.

1. Darth Vectivus

Darth Vectivus Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2023
    If you're talking about Lucas Sequel Trilogy i don't know but Darth Maul Battle of the Sith Lords video game was going to be about a Darth Maul in the Legacy era possibly it was going to be a Clone or a Descendant connection with TFU 2 maybe? there is a Tales comic where Vader defeats a Darth Maul Clone maybe there were multiple Darth Maul Clones like Galen Marek?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  2. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    There was at least a couple of Maul clones if the Tales and Star Wars: Visionaries stories are to be considered as part of continuity (of which they are in my headcanon. And personally-speaking, I think an insane clone of Maul during the Clone Wars is a lot more believable than him surviving being cut in half on Naboo.)

Resurrection (comic) | Wookieepedia | Fandom
    Old Wounds | Wookieepedia | Fandom

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  3. Darth Vectivus

Darth Vectivus Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2023
    There was also a Tales story with Luke Skywalker going to Iridonia to discover that Zabrak scientists had Darth Maul's brain and Maulkiller from TFU 2 was a Clone of both Darth Maul and Galen Marek if Jaden Korr discovered in his novels Clones of Lumiya or Kam Solusar i think someone could have Clone Darth Maul too

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  4. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Speaking of Force Unleashed, I could swear I've heard that, if 3 had come out, it would've established that the entire trilogy was an alternate universe. Any truth to this?

5. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I doubt Maul had any role to play in the Lucas sequels, but who knows. Lucas definitely had plans for Maul, at least in Underworld.

Battle of the Sith Lords seems to have taken place at different points in the timeline during different stages of development. The test footage we see shows Death Watch/Nite Owl Mandalorians and 501st troopers. Savage Opress is also featured heavily in the art. Additionally, Darth Talon and Savage Opress are both featured side by side in the art. Perhaps the original Darth Talon was recruited towards the end of the Clone Wars. A sucessor Talon would appear in the Lucas sequels. The Talon we know was probably the third or fourth to hold the title.

6. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Actually, in the Star Wars Archives book for the prequels, George mentions his (rough) plans for the sequels, which involved having Maul as the big bad with Darth Talon as his apprentice. Not sure if he would have changed that had he actually made them though.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Ah, I stand corrected. Well that's certainly interesting. Maul has so many different appearances after his presumed deaths, it's not hard to imagine that he'd be around during the Lucas sequels. With Maulkiller in mind, we can presume the Empire had Maul's DNA. With all of the bizarre force user cloning in TFU2 it's not hard to imagine a convincing clone of Maul might've been created at some point.

8. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
    Nom von Anor likes this.