main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge April Fools Challenge - Now with less fooling!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 25, 2020.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005

April Fools Challenge

[​IMG]

As most of you know, we usually do some kind of April Fools joke on April 1st. With everything going on right now, we don’t want to go down that road. (Those of you that remember when MS announced the move on April Fools Day may be thinking, yeah, right, I don’t believe you, but we are being serious.)

But… we still want to have some fun. So on the day there will be some fun things posted (so make sure to check in!), but we also wanted to have a challenge. We know there are a lot of challenges going on right now with the mini-challenge happening, but we hope you’ll consider this one too!

Rules

-Write a story using all of the prompts below and post it on April 1st. Make it silly and fun, it’s April Fools Day!

-Make sure to post a link here in the thread so we can put it in the index and everyone can have a good laugh! (Unless of course you make it a drama, which is fine too!)

-Star Wars and Non-Star Wars Fanfic are allowed

[​IMG]

Prompts

-Use the third bit of dialogue from the last fanfic you read as your opening line. (Make sure to credit them in your notes or endnotes!)

- A stuffed animal

-Go to Wookiepedia (or the fandom wika of your choice ) and select “random page” (under “explore”) and somehow incorporate what it gives you into your fic

-Choose AT LEAST one of the words on the list below to use in your story, but the more the better! Props from your mods for using them all! Bigger props for having characters say them all!

Billingsgate - rough language filled with profanity
    Cattywampus - askew
    Cockamamie - implausible
    Crapulence - a light weight, especially when drinking
    Flibbertigibbet - someone who is silly and talks incessantly
    Gobbledygook - gibberish
    Goombah - an older, protective friend
    Snollygoster - a shrewd, unprincipled person; a politician
    Smicker - to look amorously at someone
    Woebegone - being in a sad state

Have Fun!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Index

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] Oh, the third line of dialogue from the last fanfic I read will be HILARIOUS! [face_dancing]

4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Ooh, this sounds like fun.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I was actually able to hunker down and write a little bit of something for this! Yay! :D [face_dancing]

Color Me Pink is a bit of AU Song!verse silliness featuring Ezra Bridger and an OC of mine, Rhysa Zy-Elss. [face_love]

I can't wait to see what other submissions we may have for this! C'mon, folks, get your silly on! [face_batting] [face_mischief] [:D]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Kahara, Findswoman and mavjade like this.
  7. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I wrote this Stranger Things nonsense. Full of tropes, cliches, and plot contrivances but it was tons of fun to write. :p Thanks for such a fun challenge!

mavjade , Mira_Jade and Kahara like this.