main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Don't tease so.... [face_blush]

2. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    There's also a Harrison Ford in the multiple listed too ;)

3. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Eeeeeeeeeee, Mat Lucas! Oh, that's simply *excellent*, honestly, at least by my reckoning.... :) I mean, I *had* hoped, of course - especially with Grey DeLisle already being confirmed, I mean, perhaps it seemed only perfectly apropos in my mind if both could make it - having both CW Ani and Padme there, that more than works for me, rest assured. :) *squees excitedly* And, hrmmmm, with that in mind.... *making yet another wild lunge for the ol' credit card* Evidently my must-have list only continues to expand further yet - nothing at all wrong with that, to be sure....even though this is in addition to the number of art prints I've realized today I now have my covetous and desirous eye on....hoo boy. :)

Dawn.

4. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    So 3 Clone Wars voice actors..........very nice. Seemed weird with Grey being the only one thee for a while, but they added 2 more - and big characters, too. Consider them all added to my list! :)

Even without the 3 possible GOH's, this is a *very* good lineup.

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    This from the OP Newsletter in case you missed it (easy to subscribe -- just go to the main OP page OfficialPix and sign up).

"Celebration IV Coupons On Sale Now!

Pre-order Your Autograph & Photograph Coupons Today.

We have just announced five more attending celebrities for our autograph program at Celebration IV bringing our total to 58 attending autograph guests! While we still have a couple of headline guests pending, our guest list is now complete and autograph and photograph coupons are available to preorder.

Visit our Attending Celebrity page to help you count up how many autograph coupons you will want and our CIV photo page here to determine how many photo coupons you will want to purchase. Don't delay, some headline guest coupons are offered in limited quantities. For additional information on the Official Pix Celebration IV autograph program, click here.

Can't Attend Celebration?

If you absolutely positively can not attend...

We've heard the stories, "I have to attend a wedding that weekend", and "I'm going to my cousins graduation that weekend" and many more reasons why a select few of you can not fly to LA for the biggest STAR WARS party on the planet. So, we are happy to announce that both BigFanBoy and Wattographs have both stepped up to the plate to help our STAR WARS friends in need.

Bigfanboy.com is run by Mark Walters (Our Dallas Comic Con event manager) and he has taken on the duty of making our vast CIV photo selection available to customers who can not attend. Photos will be available both signed and personalized. Click here for details on this service.

Also, Gary and Scott of Wattographs will be accepting all customer personal items to take to CIV and have signed. So if you need a Carrie Fisher autograph to add to your favorite poster, or you want Anthony Daniels to sign your action figure, card, statue, etc. these guys are who you need to contact. You can visit their send-in program details here."

6. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    CW voice actors I'll get as it is one of the best things about star wars and the pictures look awesome might get Grey to sign both a Shaaki Ti and a Ventress. Man my autograph list keeps getting bigger and my wallets giving me that look like this is gonna hurt right.

7. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *nods fervently, enthusiastically* Ohhhhhh my, yes, absolutely so....after all, they're still an intrinsic part o' the Saga in rather a meaningful way - whether or not we actually see their faces, I mean, still it could just be their voice work alone....yet that's what gives life to the CW tales in this case, and thus these characters we know and love so very, very well....and so long as they're part of it, really, by my reckoning that's all we need to know. :) I'd already been jazzed as all heck that Grey DeLisle would be there....because, you know - Padme, whee! :) - and on some level I'd always suspected and hoped, maybe even presumed, that Mat would be there too, but now that it's confirmed he will be.... (and of course I loved, absolutely *loved* and adored his work in the CW series, natch....thought he seriously nailed it and then some!) ....oh, now, that just tickles me all the more, truth be told....especially with that one pic design for him I just checked out, and mmmmmm, well, it's pretty safe to say just which one *I'll* be getting ;) - inasmuch as it also reminds me just how very, very big this autograph list o' mine is already getting....eeek. :) Oh, my poor wallet....I mean, I knew all this was coming and I'm very much prepared for it, I can totally deal, but still....'tis a bit overwhelming, I suppose - albeit in only the best of all possible ways. :D

Dawn.

8. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    [face_dancing]
    Ah yes *jumping up and down with excitment* it is indeed getting better (wishes I could change plans an attend :_| but sadly enough I cannot. *reaches for tissue*... but it is not to be.

Where are you Pwinkie? Why you so quiet? (Sends out mucho hugs) to his friend in Jersey. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

9. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    ***Wakes up*** I am....... well, right here. [:D] Hugs to all friendly Star Wars fans invading LA with me in 05/07. I am excited, well, rather jubilated about CIV. [face_dancing]
    ******dances around office while co-workers look at him with fear and concern in their eyes*******

I like the final list of celebs. I will probably get a few autos in person ****licks pen point******* but most I will buy from the store. *****Counts cash..........cries***********

=D=

10. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Hrmmmmmm....I must admit that for whatever reason it hadn't yet even occurred to me, to get any autos from the CIV store; okay, alright, I freely admit I must've spaced out there....albeit only momentarily, or maybe I just didn't realize, is the thing - in amidst all the furore and frenzy over trying to decide which autos I was most keen on getting, and finding that my must-haves list kept expanding more and more with each guest announcement, meep. :) I suppose that could be an idea, though, at least insofar as some other autos are concerned - like the ones which I'd certainly love to have, but which may not necessarily be first-and-foremost on the ol' list.... *shrugs cheerfully* Heck, as it is I've already got at least eight autgraph "gets" so far....and why do I have the sneaking suspicion that won't be the end of it by any means....? ;)

Dawn. (picturing herself staggering around the CIV store, buried under a mountain of pics, art prints and swag piled precariously high)

11. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    ^You won't be alone. At C III I saw people with action figures, posters, pics of every single character. Some dealer had Prowse sign like 20 C III Vaders.

12. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    See, now, if I were a celeb signer - well, I don't know if maybe that sort o' thing might actually annoy me, cause me vexation more than anything else....I can only presume it's not something exactly frowned-upon or "not done", that a dealer might be in there with ten, twenty pics or pieces o' merch for the actor to sign....still, though, I suppose my sense of it would be that if I were the celeb sitting down to meet-and-greet the happy, enthused individual fans, and cheerfully sign a pic or figure for 'em or even take a pic with them - yet to then be faced with a dealer who wants twenty-plus of 'em and who'll just sell them to others at a horrendous markup, well.... *shrugs* ....I suppose by some that could be seen as a mite - shady, maybe, or at the very least....maybe not entirely fair, if that makes any sense. I don't know, maybe I'm rather far off-base here.... :)

Ah well, though, in any case....I'd already been presuming that I'd be walking out o' there with some nice swag in one form or another, though naturally I'm zeroing in on my explicit preferences - leaving the exclusives to others, I daresay, because who knows but what my heart lies elsewhere....and, gee, I wonder wherever that might be. ;) *impish chuckle* But, oh, the autographs....how many there were, and for all I know now, how many more there might yet still be.... (to say nothing, I suppose, even of whether I should be thinking to pick up one or three of 'em for gifts, for friends and family....meep....)

Dawn.

13. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I sat down last night and went over the entire CIV guest list. With how many quality actors/actresses there will be, and add in all of the amazing art pieces as well, I was forced to have to scale back on my list of autographs to purchase. The cost really adds up quickly when you factor in the $10 per regular coupon, and the $5 for each OPX photo. The 6 expected GOH are a no-brainer, so I didn't even consider them when I took stock of what autographs I wanted to get. I was going to get them no matter what the cost.

You could easily drop $1,000 on autographs at CIV. But with the CIV Store, vendor exclusives, artists, expected authors, and goodies at the dealer room, my dollar has to be stretched father than anticipated.

14. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Fortunately we have things we want signed so we don't need to purchase photos. Even with that we've gone over our autograph list and pared it down some, going mainly with 'face' actors who actually say something.

15. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I will probably buy about 4 to 5 autographs from the store. I need Kenny Baker, Nalini Krishan, Zach Jensen, Mary Oyaya, Bonnie Piesse, Orli Shoshan & possibly Alan Ruscoe. $100.00 bucks. Not that bad!

16. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm glad they added Andy Secombe (Watto) I'm trying to get all of my Star Wars Pepsi cans signed. So far I have Ralph Brown (Ric Olie) Jerome Blake, (Rune Haako), Ray Park (Darth Maul), and Kenny Baker (R2-D2).

At this con I'll get Andy Secombe (Watto), Jake Lloyd (Anakin) and Anthony Danials (C3PO). So I still need to get the following actors:

Lewis McLeod (Sebulba)
    Liam Neeson (Qui Gon)
    Ian McDiarmid x2 (Sidious and Palpatine cans)
    Ahmed Best (Jar Jar)
    Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu)
    Ewan McGregor (Obi Wan)
    Hugh Quarshie (Captain Panaka)
    Natalie Portman x2 (Queen Amidala and Padme cans)
    Pernilla August (Shmi Skywalker)
    Terrance Stamp (Chancellor Valorum)
    Silas Carson (Nute Gunray)
    Brian Blessed (Boss Nass)

also I need suggestions from you guys on which behind the scenes personalities I should get to sign these cans....

Battle Droid
    Destroyer Droid
    Jabba the Hutt

17. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    My wallet looked at me and laughed when I added everything up last night. I am prepared and can swing it, but it will hurt. I hope that 1 of the 3 GOH's is Billy Dee, because I don't need him or Carrie. Since one of the multisigners pics is just Biggs and Luke, if Hammill is not there will the sand or his floopy hat sign? It seems odd to have a 2 person multisign if one is showing up. Is OP tipping their hand without just shouting it?

18. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    As I say its so easy to get caught up in the whole autograph thing cause you could set yourself a budget and buy yourself your vouchers online but quite easily over the days walk to the booth and buy more, I was like that at C3.

19. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I saw that multishot with Hamill as well.....something screwy's going on....maybe he'll show.....hell maybe harrison will show! :eek:

20. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Crap, I'm spending 120 bucks on autos alone, and I'm not even going to the con.

21. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Unfortunately, I had to narrow down my CIV autographs to the following in order to remain on budget:

The 6 GOH (obviously)
    Lightning Bear (I am a huge biker scout fan)
    Jeremy Bulloch
    Daniel Logan
    Temura Morrison
    David Prowse
    Peter Mayhew
    Ray Park
    Kenny Baker
    Orli Shoshan (my wife loves Shaak Ti)
    Matthew Wood

We're hoping we will be able to get most of the other guests either at C5 or C6. Plus, by sticking with the "big name" actors at CIV, we can avoid their expected long lines at C5 and/or C6 (if they are ever announced that they are attending).

With so much stuff to purchase at CIV, we had to cut corners someplace before the budget got totally out of wack. [face_hypnotized]

22. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh, agh, I know just what you mean, about having to reluctantly narrow down the wanted, must-have autograph list, much as it might drive us fair 'round the bend and really prey on us to have to do so at all....to be forced into a position like that, I mean - because we shouldn't ever have to narrow it down like that when, of course, understandably we just want *everything*....and surely by all rights and reason that *would* be only fair. Hey, I'm just sayin'. ;) *chuckles* But, yeah - I myself have actually been going through my list so far, and at this point I think I have it pared down to seven, likely eight autographs....though of course that could change, I suppose, depending on who the next announced GOHs or others might be.... And, alright, maybe in comparison to what some of you are goin' for, that may not seem like a lot....it certainly is for *me*, though. :D Comin' away from CIV with a whole magnificent slew of autographs, that and hopefully all the other swag to be scored, that'll be ju-ust fine by me....already totally worth it anyway! :)

Dawn.

23. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Make sure you guys hit the dealers room and ask for free stuff at the booths. I got tons of free posters and pics this way.

24. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *falls out of chair in surprise* I can't believe I didn't think of that! I dunno why it never occurred to me before.... (likely just slipped my mind because this is my first Celebration and all) ....makes perfect sense, I suppose, and yeah - what's that you say about free swag then, hoo boy, I am just *soooooo* there.... :) Most excellent advice, though, for sure and certain, and yeah - clearly this is just one thing more to keep right close to mind....

Dawn. (attentively making notes)

25. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    ^At C III, I got those Yoda and Ben Clone Wars cells for practically nothing. Now, they're going for 300 on Ebay. Also, picked up a lot of nice art prints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.