main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bad Batch - Unaired Echo arc (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 9, 2015.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Get hype! [face_dancing]

[​IMG]

A couple of reminders:

These are just like any other episode in that 1) they are canon and 2) they are fully voiced.

These are story reels, or unfinished versions of normal episodes. Most of the basic animation and models are there, but they lack certain definition; the characters do not move their mouths when they speak, and a lot of motion is linear, covering basic movements but often lacking more precise moves.

Either way, they're great fun and are able to be enjoyed like any other TCW story. :)

Watch them here- http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just like the CCU

And I can't wait.

3. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    I hope these get posted online after the event.

4. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    Yeah these better be posted online!

5. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    Forget online. Unfinished or not, I want this baby on Blu-Ray. [face_praying]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    This is going to be great. :) I'm happy we are getting more Clone Wars.

7. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    FINISH THE ANIMATION

JBFett007 and TheMDOSS1313 like this.
  8. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    NONONO! YESYESYES! But seriously, i'm not going to celebration. Please someone record them and post them online! Or please release them online star wars!

9. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    My head exploded

10. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssshhhhhh

Give me clones!

Does this announcement bode well for future clone appearances on Rebels?

11. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Can't say this is too surprising, as there were many hints being dropped (if you followed the missing arcs thread).

This means that when Dark Disciple hits, we've now gotten 20 episodes worth of the show released in 'some' form beyond the last episode of the Yoda Arc. That's a full season's worth of extra episodes!

Crystal Crisis Arc - 4 (season 6)
    Bad Batch - 4 (Season 7 opener)
    Dark Disciple Part 1 (Season 7 mid point arc)
    Son of Dathomir (Season 7 finale... probably)
    Dark Disciple Part 2 (season 8 Ventress Arc... probably. The novel is confirmed to adapt 8 episodes and we knew she had content beyond season 7.)

Overall? A pretty good outcome, I'd say. Unfortunately, it's unlikely there's any animatics for anything beyond the first Dark Disciple arc, as concept art for Son of Dathomir was produced very shortly before the cancellation.

Only major pieces we're missing of season 6/7 now that we know of for sure were...

1. The Bounty Hunters Arc (they keep skipping this, so our chances of getting it sound sadly slim)
    2. A Wookie battle arc, probably with Yoda again. (probably does have animatics as it was likely produced between the bad batch arc and Dark Disciple.)
    3. Some mysterious Arc with the Pikes, and quite possibly Ashoka (based on what tweets indicated, check out the other thread for more info).

I'm sure we'll learn a lot more at Filoni's panel for the missing content on the 16th. Hopefully we get hints about Maul's fate as well. They've confirmed that Ashoka was supposed to be in 12 episodes beyond her s5 finale, so likely 3 arcs (including the finale and one on Mandalore with Bo Katan and Maul).

12. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    I'm a little worried we won't see it out of celebration, but I think we should get it at least on Star Wars.com sometime shortly after. Hopefully this month. I'm so excited! I wonder what the names of the other two episodes are. So far we have The Bad Batch and A Distant Echo (Which is an amazing episode title).

Saga Explorer likes this.
  13. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Lovely. But like many others here have said, I hope they are posted online too for those of us who don't have the time and/or money to go over to Anaheim.

14. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Echo's appearances so far :
    - Clone Cadets
    - Rookies
    - Arc Troopers
    - The Citadel
    - Counterattack

So I guess I check the scenes with Echo in them to get prepared for the Bad Batch arc.:D
    BTW it will be awesome to see Clone Commandos in action again.

15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    This content should be on disc, not potentially limited to an event or only later released online.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  16. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    I just wanna be able to watch it, I don't really care if it's online or on DVD and Blueray.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I like owning the content, because if it's posted online, who knows how long it will stay there. They may stream it for 6 months, only to have it vanish.

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Do we really need another Clone arc? Didn't Echo get definitively murdered? TCW resurrected more characters than it really needed to. Remember when they resurrected Darth Maul and Eeth Koth but then left them as loose ends? I remember why I'm glad this show ended.

19. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    :rolleyes:

A Lovable Jerk likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There loose ends because the show was cancelled and Eath Only died in the now Legends EU so that does not count.

This show is called the clone wars for a reason.

A Lovable Jerk and Saga Explorer like this.
  21. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    If the story is canon, then Lucasfilm really should (and probably will) release it online later. It wouldn't make sense to air it once and then claim it is a part of canon and is inaccessible.

22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I am not really fond of the clones so I am not interested in it and personally I would have preferred seeing the wookies/Yoda arc (and how it ties with RotS) or even better the final arc. But it is still new material, I am not complaining.

23. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I'm not really convinced about the idea of resurrecting yet another character, I kinda liked the way the story of domino squad ended with Fives' death. I would much prefer to have gotten the Bounty hunter arc or the Ahsoka/Bo Katan arc, but I will take any TCW epiodes I can get.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    For people who are not interested in it because of Clones well I don't think you understand this and the BH arc are all they have left with Anamitics and voice acting so just be happy we got it.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  25. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Man, for a practically miraculous event for this show (it's very lucky that we get this content at all. That almost 'never' happens with cancelled shows), you people 'still' find things to complain about. ;/

Echo's death was vague enough that bringing him back isn't a big deal. We saw an explosion and a helmet. With Koth, his death was mentioned in a sourcebook. Not even a C-Canon story. He DOES need to die by episode III so Agen Kolar can take his place, but that's what happens when the show gets canned. Nothing that can be done about it.

Maul on the other hand needs to be dealt with, but hopefully we get hints of what was next for him during Filoni's panel on the other incomplete arcs. But unless he somehow appears in Rebels (which isn't what I really want, but I suppose is possible), they need to deal with him somehow.