main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**BANNER submission contest for SCIFI 3D forum & SITE**

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by George Mezori SCIFI 3D, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Steven

Darth_Steven Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    Hey Zoo, and everyone...Sorry I didn't get you my updated banner....But I have a real good excuse (no my dog didn't eat it) I was in Vancouver (which is the other side of the country for me pretty much) for an interview for a job and just got back in tonight. I'll post up the stuff for you tonight if you still want it?

Later,
    Steve
    wishartgraphics

2. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Yea... lets see what it looks like. You can always email it if you can't get it hosted anywhere. Everybody will see it eventually anyway. Good luck with the job.

3. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
  4. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    I used Mundi's color scheme. Looks good. I like it better with the background with lines. SO I don't know if you guys wanna redo your curves and adholders for this. It'd be nice if at least the curve was redone. They have to be jpg's so the white part in this can't be transparant right?

I like the main background too... :<
    I guess I'll wait for your website header so I can see all of this in one image. Look on the site and notice in the bottom that people are putting their names in white text. You can do this too.

5. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I used Mundi's color scheme. Looks good. I like it better with the background with lines. SO I don't know if you guys wanna redo your curves and adholders for this. It'd be nice if at least the curve was redone. They have to be jpg's so the white part in this can't be transparant right?

This is really cool, who ever made the banner did a great job, and thank-you Ki-Bara-Mundi , this color scheme is quite good on my eyes. 8-}

6. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
    Here is the header and I've re-done the curve and frame holders with the scanline look for ya. Thanks for putting my stuff up for people to see...I really appreciate it!

I did change the cutline a bit on the header, if you don't like it I'll change the text to whatever you want it to say.

header

curve

left holder

right holder

Later,
    Steve
    wishartgraphics

7. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    I don't like the speeder bike, with this blur trail. I think the current one is better.

8. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    We'll.. lets pop it up there and see what it looks like. I think it's ok but yea... the speeder is not one of the best things on the site... and probably not the best thing to center your whole banner on.

9. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Oh.. I thought you meant the forum at first. I thought it was a bit smaller. It looks ok on the website I think. Some of you guys... your topback for the website is just as nice and it kinda gets lost in the back for most of us that don't see it. You could probably use the same images to make two diff. versions for forum, and two for the website too.

10. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
    I just put the blur trail on the speeder bike so the words for the other html pages would show up...I can change it later on if you want...Other than that it looks pretty good I think but then again I'm biased! hahaha :)

11. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Oh yea. GOOD point. That's one of the BIG problems with the other headers. You can't see that text.

12. Jedi___Hunter

Jedi___Hunter Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2003
    well i have made my banner but there is a small snag i do not know what to do with it i have divided it into all the right sections but i can't understand what to do with it please help me ...

13. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    I don't follow you. You don't know where to send it? You don't know how to do something more technical with the images? You don't understand something from the FAQ.

If you just need a place to send it and don't want to look into posting it online just send it to the SCIFI 3D email address.
    scifi3d at theforce dot net.

14. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Mundi and Seth... there are two new problems with some of your images. Seth needs to send me a banner for the website. You both need to update your ads and curve image b/c of the background image we're using now. YOu don't "have" to do this tho.

But I need you both to check out the website and the links on the header. Your images are so dark we can't see the links. All you need to do is put a white transparent strip along the bottom.

15. ribok7

ribok7 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2002
    the site looks really good guys.well done.
    but no probe droid??? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.