main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok, since this show just started I thought i would start a post for it.

i have to say...i am really enjoying it thus far.
    The mini-series was great and the two hour premiere was just as good.

anyone else tuning in?

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Right there with ya. I also liked very much, next week should be uber cool.

3. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    totally loving it! In many ways it is a lot better then the original series...

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I finally caught the mini series when it repeated last week, right before the series started. On the whole, I'm interested. I have to admit, many of the characters seem to be poster children for psychological disorders, so far, and that's somewhat... odd. And those little ragged pieces of paper they use all the time... AURGH! YOU HAVE INTERSTELLAR FTL TRAVEL! WHY ARE YOUR PRINTERS OLD-FASHIONED BUBBLEJETS??? I look forward to the day that they finally run out of that ratty looking paper.

I'm intrigued by the guess-the-Cylon game, though, as well as (hopefully) learning something about the Cylon motivation eventually. At the moment the story is all about basic survival... things should get even more interesting when they start actually searching for Earth.

I can just picture it, though...

Adama: And here, after our long, perilous journey... *insert motivational speech about all the difficulties they overcame* is the hope that we've been looking for: the thirteenth colony... Earth. Our new home.

*tech person hands Adama a report on one of those ragged pieces of paper*

Adama: *goes pale* WHAT?? What do you MEAN, the planet is covered with COMPUTER NETWORKS??? RUN! RUN! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

:p

5. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I dvr both new shows and watch them last night,love it.

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    That's the best reason I have heard yet to actually watch this new thing... I have such fond memories of the old series that I haven't had the nerve to watch the new one yet [face_worried]

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm absolutely loving it. It has a very "Naval" feel to it --the detail is very good and accurate for a Naval vessel. So many of the details in the background are based in real life, which gives it a gritty, plausible feel to it. Kinda like the original trilogy.

And the characters are pretty cool, not to mention the hotties. Heh. Lotsa fun. :) I'm going to miss watching this, but I'll have to get the DVD's of it when I get back.

8. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    gah...wishing I had cable...I dug the mini-series. haven't gotten to see any of the new series though...

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm loving it, too. With luck, SG Galaxy-Quest-Voyager will be cancelled halfway thru the season (man...I really can't stand that spinoff), and they'll show TWO episodes of BSG. Or maybe bring another sci-fi show back. w00t.

I'm still not pleased with the CGI Cylons. I mean, it'd be less expensive to have live action better-looking robots with the classic "woom woom" noise. I know they were going for a less-human Terminator feel, but if G.I.Joe's Cobra can make frikkin' sweet looking android killing machines, why can't Cylons? Oh well. At least they can make hot women.

10. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    cylons are cool.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    well zoom-i am going to have to say i don't think that atlantis will be cancelled and i kind of like it.

JD-i am putting the mini-series on dvd you are more the welcome to borrow it.

the cylones are a lot scarier...that is for sure.

12. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, I missed the series premier on Friday, but I believe that it's being re-broadcast tomorrow morning & Thursday morning.

13. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i like it alot . the boomer thing is kind of hard to follow but she's hot . baltar doesnt seem as much of a bad guy in this one , maybe that will change .

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i just looked on the sci fi channel...'33' is on tonight at 11 PM & 'Water' is on at 12 AM tomorrow. (well thursday morning)

15. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Based on the initial mini-series, Baltar seemed like more of an unwitting accomplice, as opposed to the outright traitor that he was in the original series. Starbuck was a little too butch for my tastes. Boomie's a definite cutie, though. Now, the central Cylon hottie...

I'm also curious how the father/son dynamic of Adama/Apollo will evolve.

16. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I've been hearing promos on the radio...tis like gods cruel torture of the cable-less...calling today to get cable and net access at home. I cant live without em, sadly enough.

17. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    JD-i am putting the mini-series on dvd you are more the welcome to borrow it.

I already have the mini-series on tape from when it first aired on sci-fi...just can't see any of the new series.

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey, Zoom!!!! Quit being mean about Atlantis!! :_| :p

I mean, all plots, costumes and such aside... Sheppard is pretty darn cute. [face_love]

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yes, yes he is.

not sure what i think of apollo yet. except he is british...:)

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Sheppard? You mean "nappy hair guy?" [face_devil]

I totally need a new Viper flightsuit, though. What is that -- pvc coated fabric? The scales on the back almost look airbrushed for the gradient look. Hmmm...

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i saw someone started a thread for BSG on the costume board.

22. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    stop it right there, both of you...we cant do any more costumes!!! :p

23. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Sorta. It's just Cylons. Urf. I give it til July before we have a BSG costuming fangroup on the net. LOL.

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    -k-, july is alright. I can handle July. ;)

25. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002