main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Baylan Skoll

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Django Fett, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The newest lightsaber wielding villain to the Galaxy, Baylan Skoll, played by Ray Stevenson. Rumoured to be playing 'a villainous admiral' according to Holtywood Reporter back in February 2022, but now appears to be a Dark Sider...possibly the first live action appearance of a genuine Dark Jedi.

[​IMG]
    His appearance above has the traditional homage to samurai that we saw with Vader & the Inquisitors.
    Though Inquisitors wielded red blades on their spinning lightsabers, the orange lightsabers both Baylan
    and his apprentice carry suggest they're something else.
    [​IMG]

2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    We've seen little from him, obviously, but I found him quite interesting already . Seems like great casting and the possibility of seeing, as you say, something beyond the Jedi-Sith dichotomy, which would be refreshing. His line about this being a new beginning (an opportunity to step out of the shadows and seek power, perhaps?) could imply as much, at least.

3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Excellent casting choice. Just from a visual standpoint, maybe the most imposing looking villain of all the live action since Disney buyout. =D==D=

4. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Yeah it's very refreshing to see there are more than just Jedi and Sith, Ahsoka has evolved into a pure Light Sider so why can't other Jedi survivors evolve down different paths?

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    His appearance brings to mind the third incarnation of The SWTOR Emperor, Valkorion. The strangely colored lightsabers also plays into the SWTOR comparison. Highly doubt Baylan has anything to do with The Old Republic, but its a fun thought.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  6. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Looks like they've 'borrowed' an infamous Vader scene rather closely...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I assume another Jedi who survived order 66 and fell to the dark side.

8. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    The younger blonde villain with red saber is Baylan's apprentice, I would guess

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes. I would say that’s a good guess

10. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Seems the most likely explanation given what's known. There must've been plenty, disillusioned with the war, needing little encouragement and Order 66 just confirmed their view that they were fighting on the wrong side. What happened to those that survived and weren't caught in the Emperor's net to become Inquisitors?

Golden Rod and Ithorians like this.
  11. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    It's true, it's the most likely explanation. Personally, I would love it for him and his possible apprentice to be a completely different sect. They could even be more than just two. Thing is, by his stance in dueling and confidence in Force using, I imagine it's safe to assume that he is formally trained. To explain this without him being a former Jedi implies spending more time delving into his background. I would love it, but the "former Jedi" is probably the most expedited route for the writers to follow, knowing that it can work just fine too.

12. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    Ray Stevenson is one of the most unsung bad guy actors you can find, great casting. The apprentice looks quite a bit like the actress who plays Nurse Chapel on Star Trek SNW but it's a Ukranian-American new actress which is very cool.

13. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yes. Her name is Shin.

14. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Wouldn't be surprised to find that Shin is his daughter.

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I hope “Dark Jedi” doesn’t become an official label for any group of Force users anywhere in the canon. It seems to me that you are not a Jedi, if you leave the Order (see Ahsoka), regardless of how “light” you are. A “dark Jedi” has left the order and is on the wrong side of the good/evil spectrum.

The only caveat to this would under very specific circumstances where a survivor of the Purge falls to the Dark Side and begins to rebuild the “Jedi Order” in name only, in which case “Dark Jedi” could be used in merchandise marketing to distinguish it from the true Jedi Order.

Outside of that very specific circumstance, I hope they have a unique name/institution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    Agreed, though I would be fine if it exists in the lexicon of the GFFA. The general populace doesn't seem to be educated on the difference between Jedi and Sith et al. The Jedi have had the limelight for thousands of years and the Sith are a secretive organization knowN only to scholars in the High Republic era and beyond, even during the Empire when only a select few knew the Emperor is a Sith. Laymen just called Vader and the Inquisitors "red blades" for their choice of weaponry.
    So if a denizen were to call and evil force user a "dark Jedi" I don't find much issue with it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  17. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Bold Prediction: Ahsoka traveled to World Between Worlds and popped out in an alternate timeline where Anakin wins the duel with Obi-wan on Mustafar. That shot of Baylan zapping rebel troopers in the hallway is the Vader scene from Rogue One, Vader don't need no suit. And Shin is Leia :cool:

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That’s a New Republic trooper he’s choking so that’s obviously not what’s going on thankfully.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  19. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    So I’m guessing Baylan & Shin are working for Thrawn?
    Wonder if either of them ever were apart of the Jedi Order. I’m guessing at least one of them (if not both) was.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I had a similar prediction (though I guessed elderly Anakin clone) based on nothing except that Baylan’s armor looks superficially similar to early TCW’s Anakin.

Going a step further, nearly every Star Wars show and film is centered around the idea of family or “what makes a family?”

Anakin was the closest thing to Ahsoka’s family and he is dead by this point. Wasn’t Hayden confirmed to be involved in this show? Plus whether with cloning or TWBW you can bring him back and force Ahsoka to face him again.

Having said that, watch as he ends up being a character that only appears in a couple of episodes and gets killed as quickly as Ahsoka kills the Inquisitor in Tales of the Jedi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glitterstimm likes this.
  21. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Same. I can't stand Dark Jedi, Rogue Jedi, or Gray Jedi. You're a Jedi or not. If you leave the Order, pick a new name.

Is it possible he used the WBW and traveled to the future? Ahsoka runs into him and takes him back. I dunno. I have no clue lol just spitballing.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  22. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    No one mentioned this yet?

Baylan Skoll and Shin Hati.

In Norse mythology, Sköll (Old Norse: Skǫll, "Treachery" or "Mockery") is a wolf that, according to Snorri Sturluson's Prose Edda, chases the Sun (personified as a goddess, Sól). Hati Hróðvitnisson chases the Moon (personified, see Máni).

According to Rudolf Simek, it is possible that Sköll is another name for Fenrir, and, if so, "there could be a nature-mythological interpretation in the case of Sköll and Hati (who pursues the moon). Such an interpretation suggests the wolves may be intended to describe the phenomenon of parhelia and paraselenae or Sun dogs and Moon dogs, as these are called 'sun-wolf' in Scandinavian languages (Norwegian solulv, Swedish solvarg)."

In Norse mythology, Hati Hróðvitnisson (Old Norse: [ˈhɑte ˈhroːðˌwitnesˌson], first name meaning "He Who Hates", or "Enemy") is a warg; a wolf that, according to Snorri Sturluson's Prose Edda, chases Máni, the Moon, across the night sky, just as the wolf Sköll chases Sól, the Sun, during the day, until the time of Ragnarök, when they will swallow these heavenly bodies.

23. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Nice background.

A pair of Force users, wargs or lone wolves, as opposites (one who chases the sun, the other who chase the moon), could be interesting to explore.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And it’s, y’know, more wolves from Filoni.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s not how WBW works. If you have time traveled you always have. It’s a loop.

rocknroll41 and Riv_Shiel like this.