main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Benella Index and Discussion Thread-- NEW HOLIDAY CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Benella, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Right now in Legacy of the Force, Ben reminds me of a male version of Xena. When he said that line about how Jacen is his kill, it sounded like something Xena would say. I think Jaina could probably talk sense into him. After all she went through that hate stage herself in Dark Journey.

2. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Jaina could work but i think Ben needs someone not from his own family, he really needs a more detached perspective, at the moment i think the Solo/Skywalker family are going to be quite willing to kill Jacen. Zekk? He's been dark and come out again, (even if i think he sucks) Ben should probably be made the apprentice of a proper master now, maybe one who already has an apprentice of about the same age, maybe one who as an apprentice of about the same age, an apprentice is also the child of a famous Jedi Council Member... like i don't know... Jysella? [face_mischief]

*starts shooting the bunnies that are charging across the office*

PHGS Weyr

3. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    [face_laugh] Bunny shooting!

On a more serious note, I think Jys could work quite well as a mentor. Interesting idea. But there's still loads of other possibilities. What about a very experienced Master, such as Jys's daddy, Mr Corran Horn, just one example... ;)

*ducks as bunnies fly around room madly*

4. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006

Corran would work really well, but as in I, Jedi he has never turned to the darkside and never would, he's too straight laced to be a good mentor for a child, and let face it Ben is still a child, particually a child who is close to the darkside. Kyp Durron on the other hand has proved that he can help troubled teenagers who are close if not over the line of turning.

Maybe a better idea would be to, as well as giving him a decent master to train him in the Jedi ways, give him someone to talk to.

[face_idea] Gah! The Evil Bunnies are back!

PHGS Weyr

5. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Kyp would definitely be a good choice. But having Ben work with Corran, Valin, or maybe Jysella would be great too.

Funny, I was thinking about writing a story about that. But I'm already tied to another tale so keep them bunnies away. By the way, I changed the name of my story but the old name is on the index. Do I resend the data for the story to the index with the new name?

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I think it'd be an interestin gstory too but uni is so evil...

I think either Zekk or Jaina would be a good master for Ben. and I think Kyp's good as well

7. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    How about Kyle Katarn as Ben's master? He has experience with using the Force in "unconventional combat", is on the Council, and worked with Mara in the past.

8. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I forgot about Kyle. Yeah he'd be a good choice too. But I get this feeling that Zekk is going to become Ben's new master.

9. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Zekk would be the best choice, Ben would probably relate more to one of the 'younger' ex-darksiders rather than one of the older ones.

10. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Just PM me the old title and the new one. I'll change it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree, I think Ben should be apprenticed to someone like Kyp or Kyle Katarn.. He would be very good with him...But as Sith_Mayo pointed out, Corran would be lost with someone as out of it as Ben. Ben needs someone who know's the Dark side. Jaina and Zekk would be okay, but I think he needs someone with experience with teaching apprentices.

FL @};-

11. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    A Christmas challenge anyone??? :D

Come on, you know you wanna! ;)

*starts listening to x-mas songs* [face_dancing]

12. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    So guys, what do we think of Fury? I've just finished it, what do you all think of AA pushing Seha forward again?

And on another note: Chritmas Challenges! Excelent i need to get back to writing!

13. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Haven't read Fury, sorry. :p Is it any good? (I'm kinda behind in the Legacy reading [face_blush]) Is it worth continuing to buy the up coming books? I've been kinda put off SW novels of late, just the Legacy one's really, 'cause I kinda find them very depressing...*shrugs* Just how I feel, no real opinions here.

PS: I'm really up for an X-Mas challenge!!!:D Any ideas would be ace to hear!

14. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    How about this for a challenge idea?

Ben and Jys on a winter vacation together.

I can come up with more if no one else has any ideas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay as for Fury...I'm still enthralled by it. It is probably one of the best damn SW novels that I've read. It moved fast and there was so much going on. But not at the expense of exploring some issues.

Spoilers below::::

Despite the cover, this novel was Jag's story. He was probably the main character in it. And he was given a real chance to shine without the silly triangle...Oh Jaina and Zekk were there too, but the childishness was gone.

Alema finally bit the dust thanks to Jag.

Jag helped Jaina realize she's not ready to fight Caedus.

The Sith on Korriban was explored a bit more.

Ben really is grown up in this as he pulls Luke out of his depression.

Caedus is totally insane as he kidnaps Allana.

The secret about "whose my daddy" is out--The Solos know.

Also, Kyp helped to blow up Centerpoint just as it was being fired toward Coruscant.

Finally, Kyle Katarn and Valin Horn were actually used as a real characters. I love Valin!!!!

But one of the most interesting things: Han let Jag fly the Falcon...

FL @};-

15. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Hey peoples.

I've done a Benella one shot for the next MMM challenge this monnday, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give it a once over and offer an independant view on it, mainly as I've never read let alone written these two before. Just flick me a pm if you'd like to help out.

16. Benella

Benella Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2006
    Hi All Ye Faithful Benella Fans!!!

I've finally got around to updating the Index....

We have one new fic indexed and a title change for another.

Earthknight's fic The Guardians of Light has been retitled The Guardians of Light: The Bringer of Death

Title: Love Will Remain
    Author: mavjade
    Timeframe: Sometime after LOTF
    Keywords: angst, romance,
    Summary: Ben recalls how he and Jysella met to his infant son.

I've also came up with a new holiday challenge:

In time for the holidays, let?s give Ben and Jys a winter vacation. Make it romantic, fun or furious. Your choice, but let?s have some fun.

Requirements:
    Write a one-shot that takes Ben and Jys to a winter wonderland.

They must do some sort of winter sport while there.

Words:

palm tree
    hot
    sun
    mistletoe
    Caroling

Have Fun!!!!!

FL @};-

17. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    I've got a nice long story for the challenge but will post it on Monday because I also did the MMM challenge.

FL @};-

18. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
  19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Back to Ben/Jys!

Here is my challenge entry: Downhill Run .

I hope you enjoy!

20. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    I've checked out both stories FL and brodiew, they are ace!!! :)

Catch you's later...

21. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Hi Guys, my challenge entry isn't finished yet but today is my day off so i'll work on it.

However i used the idea we were talking about recently on Masters for Ben and wrote a one shot. I wrote most of it before i read Fury.

Title: Another Start
    Author: PHGS Weyr
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/27877621/p1/?0
    Timeframe: LOFT Post Inferno
    Keywords: Ben/Jysella/Kyp
    Summary: Ben deals with the aftermath of the events in Inferno with some help from his master and his friend.

22. Benella

Benella Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2006
    Updated the Index....

FL @};-

23. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Hey, I was gonna post my Benella challenge thing, but things got in the way. Unfortunately its not finished.

Maybe I'll post it later. But for now I've got a train to catch. I won't be around for a while.

Hope you all have a great holiday!!! Bye. x :)

24. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Holy Smokes this thead needs an up!

I haven't been thinking Ben/Jys much lately, but after finishing Fury and seeing Ben back on the right track, I may yet become inspired.

I've been wanting to write something nice lately and I think these two may be my subjects, but I currently have no specific inspiration. I'll check old challenges, but Flowerlady, if you're out there, this thread needs an update!

25. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    a Ben/Jys bunny:

When a young Allana dies in childbirth, Ben and his wife, Jysella, find themselves caring for her twins. They think that it's a simple matter of introducing two more kids to their family, until they unwrap the rest of the package that the twin terrors came in. And so, while Ben struggles to keep the babies happy, Jysella finds herself sitting on the throne with a regent's job while battling court intrigue and dodging assassination attempts from the kids' jealous paternal relatives. It seems that the couple's only hope for survival until the twins' 16th birthday lies in Allana's old friends, but only if they can find the said friends and earn their allegiance. Bonus points for mush, romance, and humor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.