main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Benella Index and Discussion Thread-- NEW HOLIDAY CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Benella, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benella

Benella Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2006
    Three fics added to Index:

End of Our Days
    Author: JainaJag14
    Timeframe: LOTF, post Bloodlines
    Keywords: Ben, Dark Jysella
    Summary: After the deaths of those close to her, Jysella goes on a quest for vengence. Can the love of one man save her from herself?
    Notes: Complete, vignette, Challenge 2 entry

To One in Paradise
    Timeframe: Post Legacy of the Force
    Keywords:
    Summary: Ben and Jysella meet each other in a doomed confrontation after a disastrous mission.

Deceived By Love
    Author: Alishu06
    Timeframe:
    Keywords:
    Summary:

2. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Hi all...I know most of us who are Benella fans including RC, Kidan and myself are doing NaNo now... To busy for much of anything else...

So I suppose all I'm doing is upping this so that it doesn't get buried...:p

FL @};-

3. Benella

Benella Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2006
    Indexed this Fic

Dragon Call
    Author: Flowerlady
    Timeframe: Legacy Era
    Keywords:
    Summary: He was born of legacy. He was born for greatness. However, he became a pawn in a game for power that was in the guise of ensuring galactic peace, a game that would destine him to fall as no others had. The story is an old one?the fall to Darkness over the loss of the love of a woman?but for him, his fall to the Darkness would create a monster that would someday control the Galaxy and would destroy everything he and the woman he loved believed in.

@};-

4. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Are all of the Benella fans except me off writing their NaNoWriMo stories? I don't want to see this discussion thread die a silent death.

So, if I may...a new discussion topic.

How do you think that Ben and Jysella would get together in profic? Would they be friends first, or would it just happen suddenly?

5. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    No, not all Benella fans are writing NaNoWriMo storires!:) *raises hand* I'm here! [face_blush] Sorry to come into this thread so late, I've been preoccupied else where on the threads.

How do you think that Ben and Jysella would get together in profic? Would they be friends first, or would it just happen suddenly?

Good question,[face_thinking] I think they'd be friends first to be honest. Luke and Corran are good friends that go way back, I think it would be very likely that their children Valin, Jysella and Ben met before the Legacy era . . .

They might not even be good friends to start out with. Maybe they'll just be mere aquaintances in the beginning???

6. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    I personally think that they'll be friends first, or maybe just collegues paired together on a mission.

Or maybe, since Valin and Jacen know each other, they could meet that way. I think that it would be something casual at first, then grow more attached, like Jaina and Jag did.

But...well...that didn't turn out so well, somaybe not quite like that, but you get the idea.

7. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Yipee~ I am so glad you aren't all doing Nanowrimo I was going through major Benella withdrawls.

Concerning the question...I think Ben would probably end up carrying a torch for Jys for several years as a teen, than they would gradually grow to be close friends, and than shift gently into a romance...Ben would definately make the first move though, and Jys might even be a little hesistant to go for it considering he is a little younger than her. I don't know...what do you guys think?

8. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    that probably depends on the age when he makes the move.....while three years seems like forever at 12 to 15, it's irrelevant at 30 to 33....

9. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    ...or even in the twenties. And that'll happen sooner...[face_love]

10. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Hi all...

Thanks JJ14 for the great topic...=D=

[face_thinking] emm...I think as many of you do...Ben and Jys would have esentually grown up together. First, during the Vong war they would have been at Shelter...Then later at the Accademy, either they would have attended it together or by them just living there as it was set up...So, I don't think that they would have to 'meet'. I think that there would be a gradual transition from friendship to love...As for timing of this transformation, I think it would occur early for Ben maybe even as a result of the mess Jacen is getting into...but also because he is simply growing up fast...maybe too fast.

Okay, I'm off to write more Dragon Call...NaNo is going to be the death of me...LOL [face_hypnotized]

FL @};-

11. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    *cough* Up *cough*

[face_whistling]

12. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I think Ben and Jysella would have known each other for some time, perhaps as friends pre-LOTF. I agree with FL that Ben and Jys would have known each other as little kids on the Errant Venture first-off. I think they would gradually warm up to each other and become best friends, but something would have to be triggered before the end of LOTF to actually create love in that timeframe. Like Ben rescues Jysella from Jacen or something like that. And I do see the point that Ben is growing up perhaps too fast as well . . . his relationship with just about any girl will likely be far stronger than the light-hearted 'puppy love' we expect out of thirteen year olds.

However, I do not see them actually falling in love with each other until Ben is at least seventeen or eighteen.

I'm finalizing a challenge right now so we can start writing the vigs again. Hopefully this time I'll actually manage to participate. It won't be as difficult as the last time, I swear! :p

13. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Can't wait for the next challenge, RC. :) If I have the time to write for it between concerts and school work I will.

14. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Any challenges coming soon?!?! [face_batting]

Me want some ideas for some Benella-ness!:D

15. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I've a fic where Ben and Jysella were with each other when they were around thirty. Can I come in?

16. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Of course. :) Where is it, out of curiousity?

Maybe you PMed it to us? Let me check the sock . . .

Edit: SITH_MAYO, there will be a new challenge by the end of the month, I promise. I'm working on it, I just suck with required sentences, that's all. [face_blush]

As for what it is? FL might have an idea . . . [face_mischief] Ask her.

17. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Here's the link: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/25464647/p1/?47

However, at this point, the Benella's only implied and all mentions of Benella will be in past tense and filtered through a kid's mouth.

18. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Argh, how could I have missed it? :oops: I've been meaning to post and ask for the PM . . .

I'll add it tonight. No time right now (cause of college and I need to get off anyway) but I'll add it around 8:30 CST, okay? I think it's close enough . . .

19. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Ben and Jys in their thirties (and with children!):

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/25668699/p1/?0

20. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Very nice Benella story, RC. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

21. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Yay!!!! R_C I can't wait for that challenge....[face_batting]

FL @};-

22. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    i can't wait for the challenge!

23. Benella

Benella Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2006
    Four Fics in this update:

The Start
    Author: SITH_MAYO
    Link:
    Timeframe: AU / 10 or 15 years after DN (no Legacy stuff . .)
    Keywords: mush / songfic
    Summary: Jysella is oblivious and Ben can really sing = At a party feelings are revealed . . .

The Lost Chosen
    Author: SITH_MAYO
    Link:
    Timeframe: Roughly a decade after the events of Legacy (as we know about to-date) . . .
    Keywords: grief / re-discovery / hope
    Summary: Ben is 32 years old, he's been in exile for 15 yrs. His family and everything he once knew is gone! He feels lost and has run away from his destiny and past. This is just about one day that changes him . . for the better! Enter . . his last hope . . Jysella.

Skywalker In Name Only
    Author: SilSolo
    Timeframe:
    Keywords:
    Summary:

Legacy's Scions
    Author: rebel_cheese
    Setting: Coruscant, Ossus, Korriban, above Corellia, Arelia (original world), Nar Shaddaa
    Timeframe: 62 ABY
    Genres: Action, Adventure, Mush, Drama, Canon (believe it or not . . .)
    Characters: OCs, Allana Jaina/Jag, Ben/Jys, Valin/Syal, Leia, Krayt and a ton of Sith, politicians, soldiers, and scum!
    Summary: Read and find out for yourselves!

Thanks for all of your submissions. [:D]

Edit: Realized I forgot my own fic. :p Obviously, I just added it.

-RC

24. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Just telling you guys I've submitted a challenge idea to FL. If she accepts it and if Kidan agrees with it we might see a new challenge shortly! :)

And yes, I have a back-up ready if this one isn't acceptable.

25. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Yay! Almost time for new challenge.[face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.