main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Biggest unsolved mysteries in Legends or Canon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Galactic Bibliophile, Jan 2, 2024.

1. PowBasilisk

PowBasilisk Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 4, 2024
    I understand that, however I choose to omit TCW from my legends headcanon because I prefer the multi-media project without the retcons that came as a result of TCW

Watcherwithin likes this.
  2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, I personally think it's a lot neater from a continuity perspective if the multimedia project is the 'Legends' Clone Wars and TCW is the 'new-canon' Clone Wars. It's not a quality judgment for either one, (though as I've said a couple of times, TBH it kinda is a quality judgment of the TCW-EU tie-ins...) it's just simpler.

AusStig, Golbolco and PowBasilisk like this.
  3. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I favor the Denningverse and the post-Endor period in general. So I need TCW. Require it, even. If it overrides minor things like Anakin's hair dye, it doesn't really matter much to me.

4. PowBasilisk

Jan 4, 2024
    One way to go about it is look at TCW and it’s tie-ins as part of the secondary-canon tier, like the old Marvel comics

AusStig and Havoc123 like this.
  5. Darth Vectivus

Darth Vectivus Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 9, 2023
    The TCW show tie in novels and comics they are very forgettable stories in general, plus the existence of the Mortis Gods in Fate of the Jedi for me only canonizes the Mortis Family in the EU, not the TCW show, literally Ahsoka Tano was almost never mentioned in the EU, if you remove her existence the EU can work the same even the Clone Wars era works better TCW show is not bad it just doesn't fit well into the EU continuity

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
    PowBasilisk likes this.
  6. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    There's also the Mauldalorians. They've been made part of Legends canon, and the Imperial SuperCommandos from Rebels link up very nicely with the Death Watch revival in some of the last Traviss novels.

Sturm Antilles likes this.
  7. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    The Last Jedi novel did a good job at connecting Mandalore lore from TCW with the EU, showing that both Keldabe and Sundari were capitals at the same time.

JediFett10 and Havoc123 like this.
  8. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    Yeah exactly, things like Mortis and the Mauldalorian/Satinealore/...Prealore arc has been tied very heavily to Legends. When there's minor things, like Quinlan Vos, I like to take his Legends character as his regular self, then in that one TCW episode, he's just high on deathsticks. It happens. Barriss Offee ended up redeemed, eventually, or was part of a Quinlan infiltration plot, which ended up revealed. Makes sense Palpatine would allow things like Barriss and Quinlan slide, and even allow the Jedi to restore their Jedi General rank, as it only helps their shady reputation.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    Foreign32567 likes this.
  9. Darth Vectivus

Dec 9, 2023
    I don't understand why fans here try so hard to justify TCW in Legends, sometimes i wonder if they've really read Clone Wars Multimedia Project or they just like TCW much more but i'm tired of talking about contradictions you are all free of believe anything you want i just hope how you justify Ventress return in Bad Batch but well Disney has broken the canon before with ANH and Kenobi show so this is not new

PowBasilisk likes this.
  10. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Then stop doing it.

11. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    Late continuity in the EU, which I value extremely as part of the EU, like the Denningverse and the Traviss books, along with cut Legacy Era stuff like the Maul game feature direct references to TCW heavily. I'm not even a major TCW fan, but I find that it add more than it ruined. Mandalorians being more than just a bunch of cool merc guys I believe is a good addition. The Mortis Gods and their relation to Abeloth is also good.

12. Darth Vectivus

Dec 9, 2023
    In what part of the EU they talk about Ahsoka Tano other than Clone Wars era? she is like a myth or a holoshow character in the EU in ROTS novel they say that Anakin and Obi Wan were stars in holoshows maybe the citizens of the Galaxy saw TCW? if you want Ahsoka just follow the New Canon

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  13. PowBasilisk

Jan 4, 2024
    I’m pretty sure she appears in several TCW novels that are officially part of legends, and I know there are a fair amount of comics with her in them

EDIT: I missed the “other than Clone Wars era” part, my bad

14. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Ventress was not mentioned in the EU outside Clone Wars era stories, why Ahsoka must be different?

15. Darth Vectivus

Dec 9, 2023
    Ventress was on Clone Wars Multimedia Project novels and Dark Horse Republic Clone Wars comics unlike Ahsoka

16. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Don't change the subject, the original point was about in-universe chronology.

17. Darth Vectivus

Dec 9, 2023
    In universe chronology dont make sense for Clone Wars Multimedia Project and TCW to coexist in the same Universe and about Thrawn Trilogy contradicting the Prequels that was fixed with Republic comics and Outbound Flight novel you cant fix Clone Wars Multimedia Project and TCW coexisting changing the months or years Anakin had long hair and was a knight at the end of the war in Clone Wars Multimedia Project the Clones were already in their phase 3 armor Anakin was not a knight at the beginning of the war in Clone Wars Multimedia Project

18. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    The original point was about Ahsoka not being referenced in post-Clone Wars EU.

19. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Ahsoka was in EU novels. She and Rex even shared scenes with Pellaeon.

20. Darth Vectivus

Dec 9, 2023
    In my opinion forcing TCW in the EU was one of the worst things that the last days of the EU did and Darth Maul TCW origin in Darth Plagueis novel was forced i don't hate TCW i just don't like contradictions
    TCW novels and comics forgettable stories that even most TCW fans never read seemed like those stories were made just for the purpose of promoting TCW for me TCW novels and comics are Infinities i wouldn't be surprised if Darth Maul son of dathomir comic is not canon in the Disney Universe and then later they make a Tales of the Jedi episode telling that story as it really happened in the New Canon

21. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Comic with younger Ozzel about battle for the planet of humanoid walruses was gold.
    [​IMG]

22. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    You were saying Ahsoka was never a thing in the EU, when she clearly was, to the extent where she interacted with one of the more notable EU characters. The subjective quality of those stories is entirely besides your own point.

23. Darth Vectivus

Dec 9, 2023
    So was Callista and what? maybe the Pellaeon who talked with Ahsoka is not EU Pellaeon but Disney Universe Pellaeon TCW novels and comics are stories that have no impact on the Universe, the EU would be the same without TCW the truth is that TCW does not have the same level of importance as the 6 original movies the EU dont follow Lucas canon and Luke gets married in this Universe something that Lucas dont liked Mortis Gods could have existed in the EU without the existence of TCW Vader also had other apprentices in the EU such as Kharys Galen Marek and Lumiya why should Ahsoka be so important? Marek was also rarely referenced in the EU but at least in Legends the Rebel Alliance logo represents Galen Marek's family so there is a connection there although i think that EU Ahsoka equivalent should be Lumiya since Lumiya was important for the EU Universe just like Ahsoka is for the New Canon here in this Wookieepedia article there is a list about some contradictions of TCW towards Clone Wars Multimedia Project
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  24. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Well as I said above, your opinion of the stories doesn’t change the fact that they exist as part of the EU. You can complain about how little they got referenced in other stories, but it doesn’t change the nature of those stories as being part of the pre-Disney Expanded Universe publisher by Lucasfilm.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  25. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    Abeloth and the Mortis Gods are a major part of the EU continuity, an essential one to the level of the OT and PT, I could make a 15 page argument. If you want to cut out the Denningverse, just admit you're writing fanfiction that excludes it. Nothing wrong with that. But at that point, it is essentially fanfiction. Contradictions about what is essentially minor extras like Eeth Koth and Barriss Offee are not worth throwing away the baby with the bathwater. If we're cutting anything out of Legends TCW, it should just be Season 6, where the major contradictions are. Then say the Siege of Mandalore from S7 happened, but in broad strokes, that also led to the situation in the last few Republic Commando books, which brings up Death Watch collaborators.