main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    It was hard to tell, especially since Boba Fett's pant legs cover his boots. Vanth also doesn't have the utility belt, but that and the codpiece could be a single unit, so if Vanth doesn't have the codpiece, he won't have the utility belt.

2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Is Jango's armour made of beaker? Presumably Boba didn't collect it after AOTC?

I don't think Boba is there to collect the armour - unless it's Jango's - or hunt Baby Yoda - that brings death. I expect he will have a conversation with Djin about the perils of the self-righteous Jedi/wizards.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    He fights dirty.

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    So you are telling me Young boba didn't take the headless corpse of his father, and remove his armour from the headless corpes?

I don't think it was Jangos armour. i do wonder what the idea was with the Clone wars episode that never got made though.

GregMcP likes this.
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The kid gave the helmet a good shake until the head plopped out, then put the helmet on his own head.

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I remember this being asked just after AOTC was released in 2002. The truth is, you actually see the shadow of Jango's head fly out of the helmet when he gets beheaded:

[​IMG]

7. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Going by The Clone Wars, Boba's helmet actually isn't Jango's original, since we see Boba rig it as a bomb during the series. The rest of the armor is presumably passed down from Jango, however.

You can even see the paint chipping away on Boba's armor while Cobb is wearing it, revealing what looks to be more of Jango's paint scheme underneath:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Is is Jango's armour then? And it's beskar?

9. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    It is meant to be Jango's armor yes, they destroyed the helmet because Lucas and Filoni felt they had a cooler idea for how the dent got in the helmet then Lucas had already told in Attack of The Clones (then proceeded to wait 4 seasons before getting around to it, meaning they never got around to it at all), the rest should be assumed to be Jango's. That doesn't make it Beskar though.

DannyD likes this.
  10. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I was under the impression that they were two completely different sets of armor.

11. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    It was always very ambiguous in the Legends after a while - official material said Boba had multiple suits of armor, and th epaint job was only ever maybe given an explanation as having something to do with the Journeyman Protectors of Concord Dawn... thought whether that was a paint job Boba used or whether he was *actually* wearing Jaster Mereel's old suit was never explained.

Even that brief TCW clip doesn't really explain it - Boba's TCW armor when he fights Cad Bane has the color scheme already.

Either he had a specific reason for painting it, or it was something he took from someone else.

RetropME likes this.
  12. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    It's obviously not the same armour.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's Legends now, but in the first Boba Fett YA novel - The Fight to Survive - Boba's actions after the death of his father are detailed. The Geonosians send drones in to clear the arena of the dead bodies and damaged droids. Scoops are sent to pick up the droids and take them to a droid scrap pile for recycling. Boba maneuvers his father's body so the scoop will pick it up (it's still armored so the scoop thinks it's a droid). Boba sits beside the body as it's taken to the scrap pile. Once the body is on the pile Boba drags it over to a nearby mesa and removes the armor. He uses a broken droid arm as a shovel to bury Jango and uses droid parts to fashion a J and F on top of the grave.
    After sleeping near the grave he takes care of things the next morning. He's too small to wear or even carry the armor so he cleans it and hides it in a small cave under a cliff for retrieval later. He takes the helmet with him as it contains unlocking codes for retrieving things from their Geonosian home. After going there he leaves on Slave I and returns to Kamino.

It's been awhile since I read the series so I don't know if it addresses retrieval of the armor.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  14. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    The way I’ve always seen it, Jango and subsequently, Boba, were rich as hell. No way he couldn’t/wouldn’t have beskar.

And I feel like the paint chipping on the armor now is just making it more obvious that it was indeed beskar.

15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Jango and Boba probs had different armors (tho some part of Boba's armor might've once been Jango's). They already had different jetpacks for example.

16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Except Jango did not have a paint scheme, apart from the blue on the helmet. It's bare metal but obviously not beskar like Din's as the hue is different. Perhaps Jango was supposed to have beskar armour and the Prequel wardrobe department did not quite pull off the same look as those working on the Mandalorian.

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Pretty sure Jango's armor is supposed to be pillaged from Death Watch, considering the outfit is almost identical. Dull grey beskar, blue body suit, even the belt. By contrast, Boba's is scavenged/bought from various sources which is why it's multi-colored.

[​IMG]

Boba's chestplate seems to bare a stylized version of one of the emblems of Clan Vizsla. Considering Rebels came out well after ESB, this seems like an intentional retcon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  18. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    people still think boba and jango are random bounty hunters

RetropME likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Personal canon dies hard.

darthfettus2015 and RetropME like this.
  20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Live action Death Watch do not wear the Jango style armor seen on the cartoons. And their colors for whatever reason were inverted. The armored uniforms of Death Watch on The Mandalorian resemble Djarin's style minus the imperial armor pieces he uses as a substitute for forged Beskar.

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Is it really important that Boba be Mandalorian? he already has a unique backstory. at this point i ain't sure it would add anything.

22. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    It arguably only matters now in how he'll relate and interact with Din Djarin going forward; with Jango, it might supply a greater deal of information and background for him (as his backstory was largely made limbo after TCW said he wasn't a Mando himself even though his prior backstory was heavily focused on being one), but Boba has a unique enough backstory that the question of whether or not he'd qualify as an ethnic Mandalorian is largely just a little bit of extra knowledge. Heck, if that old Star Wars 1313 idea got resurrected, it would supply the "interregnum" and "ascension" of Boba from his TCW design and armor to the bounty hunter we know and love, without requiring any actual Mandalorian connections.

If Boba is a Mando, even a "lapsed" one, it would still give him a sort of cultural connection to Din the show would frame their interactions through. If he's simply the original scavenger of his armor, and gained it by killing a Mandalorian, it would color their interactions in a more overtly hostile manner.

It's with Jango I'm more curious about; it's entirely possible the show could have both Fetts be Mandalorians, or Jango be a Mandalorian and Boba not one, or have neither be Mandos. But I loved the Open Seasons comic and the Bounty Hunter video game and we still have elements of those stories in the current canon - Obi-wan met Satine during some kind of war between the clans, and the Viszlas and Death Watch were pretty much directly adapted into TCW., and now concord Dawn has been brought in by Rebels.

I'm honestly more interested in what it means for Jango than Boba.

whostheBossk and darthfettus2015 like this.
  23. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    really looking forward to Boba in this series and any mention of jango and concord Dawn

Crod1992 likes this.
  24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Personally i feel like Boba's involvement will never be about mandalorian culture. and when it comes to just how important the mandalorian stuff is over the Baby yoda stuff... its pretty small in comparison. so anything with Boba i can only imagine will have to be about the child.

25. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Making Boba Fett a Mandolorian is unneccesary but Boba Fett's involvement will surely be about Boba Fett's armor that Din Djarin currently has instead of baby, the writers place Din in possession of it for a reason, one would think. Baby Yoda isn't the only plotthread in the show, Gideon, Ahsoka, Greef and Cara's involvement in the show will surely be all about the price on Baby Yoda's head, that doesn't have to end all be all for every guest character in the show.

RetropME likes this.