main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Bounty: A Thanksgiving Vignette (Cleigg, Shmi, Owen)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title - Bounty: A Thanksgiving Vignette
    Author - Alexis_Wingstar
    Note - Just a little something I cooked up today to give thanks for these boards and my fellow fanfic authors. [:D] @};-

~~~

Bounty: A Thanksgiving Vignette
    As Cleigg was chewing another biteful of roasted ronto, he glanced first at his son then across the table at their guest who had prepared the feast for them as thanks for freeing her. There was so much he wanted to say to her, but did not wish to make a fool of himself. He had never been verbose, he preferred to let his actions tell what was in his heart. This time, though, he needed to speak, for there were no actions he could think of to take the place of words. Swallowing the mouthful of food, he rose from his chair. When both pairs of eyes were upon him, he lifted his mug of ale and took a hearty swig. Why did i just stand? I feel so foolish! He nervously cleared his throat.

“I would like to propose a toast,” he began as he rose the now half-full mug. “This past year, I... we... have been blessed with plenty to be grateful. The harvest was more bountiful than I ever remember, and friends and family have been healthy. Most important,” he paused as he looked into Shmi’s eyes, “I have been given the opportunity to help the most gracious and beautiful woman I’ve ever known recieve what she deserves; freedom and... if she will allow me... love.”

The moisture farmer’s cheeks grew warm with embarrassment. He had not meant to say the part about love. Though it was heartfelt, he was unsure if it was appropriate to speak about so soon. He did not wish Shmi to feel beholden to him in any way. Also, he did not want to talk about love to her in front of his son.

What’s done is done. Even with that sentiment, he felt like he was going to lose the contents of his stomach as he waited for a reply.

Shmi blushed, but did not look away as she rose from her seat. She lifted her untouched mug and nodded to him before saying in a soft voice, “I think I already expressed how grateful I am to both of you. Even though I’ve been here a couple days, your warmth and caring has made me feel more than welcomed as a guest. I feel,” she paused as she swallowed and a tear slowly made it’s way down her cheek, “like I have a new family.”

As Cleigg saw more tears follow the first, he quickly put down his ale and went around the table to Shmi’s side. When he placed a hand on her shoulder, he was gratified that she turned and put her arms around him. He responded in kind.

Owen came up behind Shmi and rubbed her back but quickly went back to his place at the table. He raised his mug, only one-third filled, as he had taken a swig at both the toasts. “To this bounty before us, to which I am so grateful, I ask permission to resume eating it because it is best consumed hot.”

“Way to kill a mood, son,” Cleigg said dryly as he pulled out of the warm embrace.

Shmi laughed, and the three sat back down to enjoy the bounty before them.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 7

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet and a very nice read

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Daww. There are not nearly enough Cliegg/Shmi stuff on here. Thanks for writing this.

4. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    sweet. nice read.

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Aww... how sweet!

and [face_shame_on_you] on Owen for killing the mood lol!

A good touch of humor at the end - beautiful!