main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[C & P] X-Wing Pilots

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I saw him, too...didnt get a chance to chat, though. Barely stayed awake and mobile at all yesterday. Today should be better. I got a decent amount of sleep last night.

Great Pic P-Josh!

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    That is so COOL!!!

I want to look cool in my costume now. who do i need to bribe ;)?

I wish i could have gone :_|

and that pic is great!! although it might be a good thing im not in the pic. there seems to be a overall lack of height difference in the pic 8-}

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    you guys are too much! that's just awesome! :D

4. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Ladies and gentlemen, I have just read through all 15 pages of this thread, and I have to say, for a last minute project, you did amazing!!

Outstanding work on everything!

Oh, and to the new pilots I would like to invite you all to join a little group I put together, mainly out of Rebel Legion members, but It's grown outside of that initial group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rebel_Starfighter_Command/

For those who want to redo somethings in the costume, I have tried to include all the tutorials and everything I could.

Other wise it's a place to organize and socialize with your fellow Pilot costumers.

I gotta say though, I wish I checked here more often and could have offered some help. But again, great job!

5. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    I'd like to re-do a couple things...mostly because this was all done at the last minute and we didn't get to spend as much time as I would've liked to really make them that much cooler. The Dewback Wing was more than helpful as a resource for everything. :D

Next we should do Ghostbusters...LOL.

6. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    You guys did a great job on the Pilots! I'm very impressed with all your hard work the last couple of weeks.

Just wish I could have been in the pic with all of you... <Hits Becca with a wet noodle!> ;P

Anyhoo, thanks for a great time and it was a pleasure to meet each and every one of you at the event. I'll have to get my SG-1 costume started for Atlantis!

Thanks for letting me be a part of your group and it's my hope that I get to play with you guys more often.

Kev

7. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    you are doing a costume for Atlantis!? TOO COOL! keep us updated...i am a stargate fan myself. :)

8. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Yeah, found a cool site with details on it:

http://www.thegateroom.com/index.html

Just need some good screen grabs...

Kev

9. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    there is a site i go to...
    www.sg-command.net

they have awesome references...i printed them out when i went shopping for my SG costume.

10. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

You gonna be one of those new "soul-suckers", bro!?

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

*Back on topic*

I already passed this on to TK, but I'll reiterate it here so nobody misses it.

The first pic I sent Mary Franklin concerning the WOTR event was the one with ya'll PILOTS in front of the X-Wing, and she LOVED IT! So ya'll might be in the BANTHA TRACKS mag after all even though you guys didn't all get to work on the X-Wing! I'll make sure to tell Ms. Franklin that your costumin' duties was why you weren't available.....maybe that'll push her over the top!

12. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Tim...I'll getcha the hi-res pic of the pilots, as well as pics of the shirt, too.

13. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Reaper...Ed...

DOH!

I was half-staring at yer stuff at ASAP to begin with. LOL. :D I keep forgetting how small the world is. I'm actually registering at ASAP right now. I've been lurking for too many years...LOL.

14. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    LOL yeah, I'm Reaper 63 over there. And plain old Reaper on the Rebel Legion.

Staring at my stuff in horror or you like it? lol
    Yeah, it is a small world. lol, There arn't too many of us geeks around :)

I even met a few of you last December when I came out for Fenig's Birthday.

Again, concidering the time frame, you guys did a great job! Don't forget my yahoo group too lol, There are a ton of talented Pilot costumers there too.

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Nice to have yu stop on by, REAPER! Come back anytime......we'll make up a couch fer ya or sumthin'....FLOL!

16. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    definately, :) Knowing Fenig, I'll have no chjoice but to have to come back for her birthday again ;)

17. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    yeah, cause if you ticked her off we would have to beat you up;)

18. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Doh. Wasn't able to make it to FD's bday. :(

And as for yer pilot stuff, I liked it. :D

19. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    If I ticked her off, you wouldn't have to beat me. She would kill me herself.

LOL, Well, this time I come, you'll have to make it:) And thanks for the compliments. I'm proud of the Costume myself. by and far Worlds better then my Fleet Trooper costume. And much more recognizible lol

20. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    LOL. Yes. I'll definitely make it next time around.

And I think that's the main turn-off for Rebel costuming -- it's just not recognizable or flashy enough, ya know? The Endor bedpan is somewhat recognizable, but the rest of the costume is a bit bland. We'll have to see what we can do with it when I finally get off my butt and get the new clay mold I have of the bedpan casted again.

Urf...must...go...mow...lawn...

It's so hot out there, though...

21. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    when you are done with yours can you come up here and do mine?

22. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I'll do yours whenever you want. ;)

Or were you talking about the lawn?

23. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Sheesh. Mowed the lawn. Had a couple new dead spots. Couldn't figure out why. Turned on sprinkling system...oh...look...all the bushes and whatnot have grown over everything and now all the sprinklers do is water the bushes. Feh.

Had to trim bushes.

Now it's dark.

Jennay's over, too. Her and Rachel seem to be cleaning up a storm.

And...hey! There's that mannequin torso I thought I lost!

24. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    These costumes turned out AWESOME!!!

I can't believe what you accomplished in such a short amount of time.

Way to represent, gang!

25. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Me neither. But we kicked butt.

Oh yeah, I'm tallying the damage for the costumes. It won't be that bad, really.

We'll have to do mass costumes more often. With everyone in on it, it's super cheap, and everything comes out looking uniform and like we almost knew what we were doing. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.