main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Cad Bane in The Bad Batch

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by SeparatistFan, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You know all things considered you have pretty good odds of surviving being shot in the head. 1/10 you would think it would be way lower honestly

TCF-1138 likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    How about being cut in half and falling down a bottomless pit? :p

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Probably at least 9% :p

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  4. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Maybe with small firearms and if they get extremely lucky. Maul is not a regular dude, which you seem to ignore, again. He is an uber powerful space wizard. Just like Anakin would not have survived getting chopped up and burned to a crisp at the shore of the lava river, if he was not an uber powerful space wizard who was just so angry at Obi-Wan, that his eyes turned yellow. But that's an irrelevant discussion altogether.
    He wouldn't have, because The Clone Wars series was already finalized by the time it was cancelled, they knew all the remaining story arcs and how it was supposed to end. The scripts were written, a lot was voiced, and some was produced in the form of raw animation story reels. Cad Bane was not going to appear ever again, and there was no show planned after The Clone Wars.
    Maul worked because it was a combination of factors, such as Maul being a blank-slate non-character in TPM and because it could be made somewhat plausible, and because there was an actual story to tell with his "return." And even then, for a lot of people it DIDN'T work, because a lot of people couldn't and still can't buy into it. It was a risky move, and some people still don't like that move. Maul should have been an exception to the rule, not become the rule that anyone could survive on a whim because any random creative said so. Just because Lucas did this doesn't mean anyone should do that. The only reason Cad Bane is alive is to bait Clone Wars fans into watching whatever current thing. He has literally no reason to be in the story, and he achieves nothing. Boba Fett would be a more fitting character to appear in The Bad Batch instead of him.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There’s this odd, persistent fantasy that George cared about continuity and consistency and all that. He didn’t. The PT alone shows that he was willing to present glaring contradictions in his world for the sake of storytelling. And don’t get me started on the “Chewbacca knew Yoda and was part of the goodbye party that ushered him into exile.” Had a filmmaker other than George done that, they would have been diced into tiny little pieces and fed to wild boars.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  6. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Good to see Cad Bane again and hope see more of him in the dark times and Rebellion era.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm not ignoring anything.
    I just don’t subscribe to the theory that everything Lucas did was perfect, while others doing basically the same thing are doing an injustice unto god, or whatever.
    Underworld was in the planning stages at the time, and based on what we know about it, Bane could have fit that show perfectly.
    And there was always going to be more SW animation after TCW - even if no solid plans were made.

8. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
  9. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Neither did I? I basically said, just because Lucas did it doesn't mean everyone else should do it, especially since the decision was risky and still remains controversial. Just because George brought back Maul once doesn't mean that no character should ever die and everyone should come back all the time.
    If I recall correctly, Underworld was cancelled around 2010-2011. It was too expensive.
    Doubtful. According to Lucas, he was gearing up for the next trilogy and then the Disney sale came along. Before Disney, there were rumors of the animated show about Younglings that were introduced in S5 of TCW, but that never came to be, and it was never anything more than a pitch. And Cad Bane was not in Rebels, because early on, Filoni & co treated all the unproduced Clone Wars arcs as hard canon, because they were developed with Lucas and were as legitimate as the rest of the show and the movies in their eyes. They did a whole thing on The Clone Wars Legacy, shared story reels of Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis arcs, adapted Son of Dathomir into the comic book and Dark Disciple into the novel.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Like if George was still in charge and Dark Disciples still happened I am almost positive he would have no qualms resurrecting her and contradicting his own stuff. Because he did it before. See Darth Vader being Luke’s father. See Leia being Luke’s sister.

11. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    It work fine with Freeza in Dragon Ball. He was in protagonist team, but he was still evil and after what was done, he back to being villain.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Cad Bane has only gotten better and more popular since Clone Wars and see why dont kill him off if cant do the episodes.

13. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I still think Cad Bane wasn’t meant to die in TCW (at least not originally), because Detours was a project Lucas was heavily involved in.

Anyway in regards to Lucas he would have brought back whoever he pleased back from the dead if he were still in charge.

Tbh at this point death is just broken in Star Wars, don’t think there’s any fixing that now. I just wish they’d bring some Separatist villains such as CIS council leaders, Osi Sobeck and Admiral Trench (it’d be interesting to see their perspective in the dark times) all of them could have easily survived as far as I’m concerned given what we’ve seen in recent years.

I mean Trench was meant to be hard to kill, but we are meant to believe he dies from being stabbed through the torso by Anakin, yet Reva can survive that multiple times?

Technically with the introduction of the world between worlds even characters that were beheaded like Dooku and Jango or clearly fried/blown to bits on screen like Grievous and Riff Tamson could be brought back.

Thing is though with this world between worlds stuff it will probably only be used for Ahsoka because of bias from Filoni I guess.

I feel it’s the bias of who they are willing to bring back that’s the worst part.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well he dies by that and also the explosion. I doubt it was the stab the killed him. I think it was the combination of both

15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 15, 2011
    Mecha Riff Tamson would've been nice.

Heheh

A literal mecha shark...

Hell, they could've even put a laser on his head!

16. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Yeah, great idea.
    [​IMG]

17. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Yeah, I always think the whole debate over whether George considered the EU as canon or not as moot because I don't think he really cared if it was or not.

Maybe Star Wars shouldn't have a definitive canon and just let it be a sand box universe for people to tell stories with.

Also to pile on with the WBW saving 'dead' characters, Jyn and Cassin could have been pulled through at the last moment

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  18. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Aside from the return of his awesome theme I really liked Bane giving quick advise to Emerie, he is a very bad man, but also a wise one. And Todo is once again keeps good balance betweeb being adorable and villainous.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So much for our theories

20. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I do hope and wonder if we see him Again this season and show.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible the batch use him to help figure out where tantiss is

22. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Well he dosent know, they met just outside Corucant

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes but he could help