main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Captain Howzer (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jul 9, 2021.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I don't know how his name is spelt, but in German, Häuser means someone who gives protection/shelter. (It also means something else, according to the Urban dictionary - quite the opposite!). Then again, Clone names are a bit arbitrary...

Seerow likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The Clone Wars is pretty on the nose with names so that may be a great observation. The straight German translation of Häuser fits him now. Fits how he could help Hera but holy hell number 4 on urban dictionary screams Fridge Horror.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    cwustudent and DannyD like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The name is on the nose. He will turn out to be a child prodigy who is already a doctor. Omega will call him Doogie.

Riv_Shiel and DannyD like this.
  4. calcmandan

calcmandan Jedi Master

Nov 28, 2012
    I have a feeling he is named after the powerful Howitzer.

Sent from my SM-T307U using Tapatalk

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    He's the new Tup.

6. Commander DuctTape

Commander DuctTape Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2021
    I was expecting Howzer to have some more relevance to the Ryloth plot after EP 11, but to have him not only go against Rampart and the empire, but stay behind in order to convince his squad and brothers to follow his example, effectively becoming the first to attempt a clone rebellion? That, I did not expect!

Although as awesome as he was... I am not sure if he has much of a shelf-life left after this. "Defective" clones never have good endings...

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He has a very unique name for a clone. Usually clones either have very common names or names that just aren’t names.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It was pretty touching to see Howzer stop the Batchers and more importantly for him the Syndullas from walking out into a trap to be gunned downed like lothdogs. He basically sacrificed himself for them, on the chance he could reach his men. He couldn't fight the other clones, his brothers, so he surrendered. It would be very TCW for his fate to be like Dogma's. Never to be heard from again. Howzer did his job. Crosshair is on his way now.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Howzer could be set up as this clone rebel leader, other then Rex i don't think they follow any other else. He probarly been at Ryloth for 3 years fighting. He seems to command the respect off his men. I think he might join with Rex next season and together they recruit other clones to the clone rebellion. I think it starts in season finale and the clone rebllion might all season 2 is about.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I get the sense Howzer has seen some stuff

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Seems like the Order 66 chip has a limited working period. Perhaps after being activated. its effects and influence slowly wear down (with some clones faster than with others).

Could be an explanation they're going for why the Empire stopped using clones. Especially if Admiral Rampart is the one to witness it, as it seems he's the one really pushing for recruits instead of clones.

12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Does Howzer look like Sam Witwer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Oh I hope not. 1 Sam Witwer is enough trouble for the world. Don't tell me they've cloned him

what do you mean they already cloned him?!