main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Staring to wonder if actors/actresses agents are puting thier clients name out there for Episode VII. To drive up the demand for thier clients on other projects. I see that happen a lot in sports. Agents using top teams like the Lakers or Yankees. To get other teams interested in them.

Gallandro likes this.
  2. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    big loss......great after.....outstanding in the Friday Night Lights TV series.......

At least.......casting is underway....could it be that Michael B. Jordan learned recently that he would not be in VII and took another role in a big tentpole movie.

Maybe.....a big maybe, I would add.....actors who were up for a role in the ST have been notified that they did not get the coveted role.

It would also means that actors who were up for a role are being notified that they did get the role !

3. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    That's generally the way agents work in Hollywood. I'm sure Jordan read for the role, and either was not cast or jumped on the Independence Day sequel and bowed out of the ST (if he was every really considered in the first place).

Yancy

FinleySlade likes this.
  4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yep, I am. I got a masters degree. Only weirdos chemists could find this funny:

[​IMG]

As for modifying caffeine: Maybe I could put an additional methyl-group on that thing. Like spinning that's always a good trick.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Question, now is what's the next rumor to pop up and who is starting it. lol

6. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    That article makes it clear he hasn't been offered a part in ID2 yet. Not saying this is the case, but it's easily possible he has had meetings/ auditions for both roles, no?

7. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    indeed !

But it looks like the reporter had sources close to Michael P. Jordan........with no mention about SW.

Could mean nothing, though.

FinleySlade likes this.
  8. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Absolutely. While El Mayimbe's original 'scoop' could be complete BS, I still don't see anything in that article that definitively rules out the fact he met with JJ.

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    English/philosophy majors are weird enough to appreciate the precipitate. ;)

And "additional methyl-group" sounds super-spin tasty.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    I think that is pretty much what they will do -- cherry pick characters, situations, settings, etc. from the EU and use that as a foundation upon which to build the sequel trilogy. That is sort of the Marvel Cinematic Universe approach. So, I could completely see the following in Ep. VII: Luke having a son named Ben; a dead wife (possibly name unmentioned or "Mara" only done so quickly in passing akin to talk of Luke's father in ANH); a niece named Jaina Solo who is the daughter of his sister Leia and brother-in-law Han; and two dead nephews who perished during galactic conflicts (think casual passing mention of The Clone Wars in ANH.)

They don't have to overwrite all the existing EU, just jump over it so there is little to no need to address it.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  11. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Anyone else feel this has been a quiet week movie news wise in general? I mean other then a few rumor earlier in the week. Is just seems the quietest it's been in a while or am I just reading to much into it. lol

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Luke will have an undead wife because he rolls like that?

FRAGWAGON and JediGirl_Angelina like this.
  13. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Bring back Yarael Poof and Yaddle

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Seems like a normal week to me.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Seems to me that we have had more rumors than usual this week to be honest.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Make them the main characters! Have Yaddle talk completely backwards unlike Yoda!

markdeez33 likes this.
  17. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    So did the meeting with JJ go like this...

JJ: I understand you wanted to speak to me

Michael B Jordan: I wanted to thank you for considering me for Star Wars but due to a scheduling conflict I have to save Independence Day 2 from Will Smith, sorry they moved the shoot date and it just conflicts too greatly with your shooting. Its been a real pleasure auditioning with you these past few weeks though.

JJ: Thank God, I was so fearful he'd ruin that movie. I loved the first one, but Will Smith is no longer the same man I viewed him as back then. Your a great actor and Id hate to lose you but Will Smith killing another great series isnt anything a fanboy should live with. So long Jordan

MBJ: So long JJ

Out side the room
    [​IMG]

Over comlink:

Latino review: Who meet JJ personally just now?

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  18. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    What I find strange is that JJ told a reporter a few days ago that ""We're working our a#$%#$? off trying to get things in place w/ casting"

JJ and KK are running a tight ship because nobody is saying anything or saw anything.

I remember talking to people around 1997 about Russell Crowe and Ewan Mcgregor being cast in TPM.

Why Russell Crowe ? Because he was used in some pre-production artworks related to Episode 1, both for JINN and OBI-WAN.

How come nobody can tell us who is really up for a role ? I would have tought that in these days and age, much of the casting would have been leaked by now.

FinleySlade likes this.
  19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    For quite a while it seemed nearly certain that Kenneth Branaugh would be Obi-Wan Kenobi. Never heard of anything about Russell Crowe.

20. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOES IN THE FORCE!

21. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    What are you talking about? All the girls being cast are up for Han+Leia's daughter (who may or maynot be Jiana Solo) or the villain or Han+Leia's daughter as the villain... unless its Luke's daughter that is or Lukes son's love interest as either the hero or villain that is. After all the second female casting call was either written out... or already cast ;):p

22. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    And we know that any Black guy being cast has to be Lando's son. [face_plain]

Ryus likes this.
  23. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    It was more a rumour than anything.

Frank Darabont who worked with Branagh on Frankenstein spoke briefly about it, since Darabont was supposed to be one of the writer of the prequels.

Coming out of Shawshank Redemption, Darabont was hot and more than ready to help Lucas.

Something happened and Lucas never asked him to write an episode.

Darabont was very disappointed and was pretty vocal about it.

I always thought that Darabont could have been the Kershner of the prequels.

Immortiss and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  24. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Bad Robot, the famous JJ Abrams Mystery box. If they don't have any casting, the people at Hasbro would be worried, they need the cast to make action figures ready for distribution, by March, or April 2015. It takes 18 months to go from an idea, or character, and actor information to make an action figure, and the variations. Plus costumers need the measurements to make the outfits, and the more elaborate the costuming, and makeup, the more time they'll need to prep before filming starts.

25. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I thought Darabont was lined up but at a later stage, when GL showed him the script, he told him not to change anything and that he should stick with it. Or am I making that up?

Also, yeah, I think Crowe was close to being Kenobi (at least in the mix) and he was definitely in early concept art, as was Ralph Fiennes and even Anthony Hopkins (though I think that was the artists rather than GL's instructions).

Immortiss and Count Yubnub like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.