main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Cat clan DDC 2023

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 7, 2023.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Cat clan DDC 2023
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 85 BBY – 139 ABY
    Character: Rian Solma
    Genre: diary

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Cat clan

Entry 1

Healer Kaagi Adin was responsible for this. You know he is writing a diary and he came with a device to me and asked 'Rian will you write about the fun you have in the crèche with your charges and the pittin and those cats?' I answered 'yes of course' and took the device. I am one of the crèche masters responsible for the Bantha clan and for the various pets living there. I could have named the diary 'the diary of the Bantha clan' but that's long and 'Cat clan' is more what it is all about with those initiates and pets making life very interesting. I have to stop.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  2. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Ooh, a crèche story and cats -- definitely looking forward to seeing this develop! [face_dancing] Your autumn challenge fics in that vein were so much fun, and anything that old scamp Kaagi is to blame for is bound to be great. ;)

3. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Will be watching this story with great interest :D

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And lots of well known characters will be there. And the animals of course
    Cats and Pittin will make things interesting

Entry 2

That was for one of the cats of course. It was being chased by Magin Bhik and jumped in my lap. Yes Magin, already good at hiding and he said that the cat was exploring his hiding-place in the crawlduct behind one of the grates in our creche. Magin is best friends with Marcho Rorima. They are always trying to make life interesting.

And with introducing these two friends let me make a list of the whole Bantha clan.

Jika Bale Human male 1
    Magin Bhik, Human male 6
    Qui-Gon Jinn, Human male 7
    Yorana Kowal, Human female 7
    Morrin Miwert, Dunai male 7
    Benno Perion, Human male 7
    Jerza Quwin, Human female 7
    Marcho Rorima, Human male 6
    Cherit Unola, Ossan female, 7
    Caluna Venn Twi'lek female 4
    Marce Wirdau, Human male 6

Doro Bo Hondo, Human male 83, senior crèche master
    Sol-Bonaydara, Serindian male 256, senior crèche master
    and me Rian Solma, Dunai male 37, junior crèche master

I have to stop

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    Chyntuck, Vek Talis, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 3

That was for feeding the cats and pittin of course. Morrie the cat had found nothing in Magin's hiding place and he was meowing and purring and using his paws to get my attention when I was writing in that diary device. And that was four days ago.

Yesterday a new member of the Bantha clan arrived. She is a Noorian named Tahl and already 6 years old. Most initiates arrive when they are just babies or toddlers. But Tahl – very gifted in the Force – is permitted to train here. Morrie was the first to welcome her when she entered the main room and Qui-Gon the second because Morrie is his favorite cat. Uh oh.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 4

That was Benno Perion busy with building a castle from blocks with Qui-Gon Jinn and their friend Marce Wirdau. Or as Benno always says Mace Widu. The 'r' is still difficult for Benno. And Morrie is just Mowi for him with Qui-Gon correcting him. Morrie was the disaster happening because he jumped into the castle. Qui-Gon got the cat and walked to where Tahl was busy with feeding the little cats. Tahl and Qui-Gon have a mutual friend in Morrie. The cat gets their attention and no he doesn't visit Magin's hiding place anymore.

And click .... “Blacky.”

7. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    These are so cute! I love that the Jedi temple is just crawling with kittens! And Tahl and Qui-Gon are going to be best buds forever. :)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    more cats to come and some are trouble too

Entry 5

That took some time to get my diary back. Blacky a big black cat took my diary when I had started to write entry 4. I didn't know where he took it but I had trouble to find it and when I did I had to visit the technical department because it didn't record anything. And diary at the techies had me without it until I got it back today.

Now I can write or record again.

click

Meow

“Yes Morrie. What's wrong?”

Meow meow.

“Where is Qui-Gon. Ah I see. He is being busy with his training lightsaber. And his friend Tahl is his opponent.”

Meow

“And cats and lightsabers don't go together. Yes Morrie. Some food?”

Meow

“Yes, there is Serinka. I haven't introduced him yet. He is a Serindian, has a restaurant in the Jeditemple and he does all the cooking for us and brings the pittin- and cat-food. He also owns a cat named Suzie. She is the sister of Morrie and Dicky, a cat owned by Jedi-knight Lisara, a technician working in the house-keeping department.”

Meow

click

Chyntuck, Kahara, Vek Talis and 3 others like this.
  9. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    I am loving these cat entries!
    [face_laugh] Another Blacky!

Keep the cats coming!

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They will and of course more pe(s)ts

Entry 6

We have a new crèche assistant. Moari Junila. She will take the older initiates under her care together with master Sol-Bonaydara. I am for the younger initiates helping master Doro Bo-Hondo. Doro is getting old and will retire in a few years and settle in the 'old folks home.' That's a place here where the revered old Jedi live. They can answer all the questions the younger ones have.

A new initiate arrived yesterday. He switched from the Thranta clan to the Bantha clan.

With Mees Widu as his given name (Master Yoda's doing) it was quite confusing for some of the initiates and crèche masters. We had already an initiate called Marce Wirdau being of the same age and almost the same appearance.

Take Benno: He has still difficulty with the 'r' and is working on it with one of our logopedists. He was calling his friend Marce and for him there is between Mees and Mace no difference. Same with the surnames Wirdau and Widu. The two W's came running towards him and with Benno making no difference between the W's as friends it became quite confusing for the two W's.

In the afternoon Moari Junila went with the older initiates to one of the gardens. Marce met Vin Nawarra from the Dewback clan and asked Moari if he could stay in that clan.

That was reason for crèche master Sol-Bonaydara to visit master Yoda.

And:

Today Marce Wirdau is now a member of the Dewback clan.

11. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Mees Widu, Marce Wirdau--can't help but wonder if the names are somehow based on Mace Windu ;)

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    In my older fics I had Mace being a room-mate of Qui-Gon but with the new data in the Wiki I had to introduce new Mace's. So here they are in another hilarious entry

Entry 7

Moari had trouble today with Qui-Gon Jinn, Benno Perion and Mees Widu or as she now calls them the JPW disasters. Jedi-knight Lisara contacted her because the JPW's were in the laundry room and had used a purple chemical on the laundry of the old retired teacher Master Errolls. Jinn and Perion tried to escape back the way they had come – a crawlduct of course – but entering it at the same time they got stuck and were rescued by Lisara and Errolls. Mees Widu had helped them. Moari confined the three initiates to the crèche for two days. No holovids and bedtime at six. And even worse. Master Yoda came and served the JPW the green goo he calls nourishing food. No tasty meals by Serinka for the three.

But Blacky and Morrie. The cats loves Master Yoda's cooking. I saw Blacky today eating the last morsels of the green goo and settling on Jinn's lap with a content purring. Morrie had done the same and was on Tahl's lap.

Our pittin too. Spike and Bonzo were having a go with the bowl until it was empty.

Chyntuck, Kahara, Vek Talis and 2 others like this.
  13. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Wonder if Yoda's green goo cooking has some catnip in it that the cats love it so much?

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They sure like it and the pitin too. And that has Rian coming with this.

Entry 8

Master Yoda loves it. Now he brings the green goo every day to all the crèches that have cats and pittin and of course to the farm in the basement. I am sure there is something very likeable for the animals in that goo. Not for me. I avoid the stuff since I as a youngling had been admitted to the healers' ward because I had eaten the goo at Master Yoda's urging that it is good for me. Healer Kaagi Adin had the same experience with the goo. And writing about healers, here we go again with JPW.

They have been in the healers' ward after a bannister ride to the archive-vault. They collided with Shh-Kir, a Barkanian lizard and an archivist who is always helping the recently knighted Jocasta Nu. Shh-Kir has led a long life being on missions but now that he is getting older he likes the archives and the study of old books.

Kaagi Adin was glad that they could leave his care to go for their next assignment; helping in the archives to restore what had been hit after their ride.

Master Yoda was smiling when he guided them back and told me what had happened.

The JPW had to feed the scanner and with a white piece of paper entering the scanner it started. Qui-Gon made a paper plane. Benno was next and Mees used white paper and with text. The planes got stuck in Shh-Kir's scales and spikes. Jocasta Nu saw this and chased the trio called by her the walking-archive-disasters out of her precious archives.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Love all the cats and mischief-making! Adore reading about Tahl and Qui-Gon being friends this early. :cool:

16. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    The image of this scene is just hilarious LOL. And I love "the walking-archive disasters" ---Don't mess with Jocasta's archives or she will get you!

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More mischief and cats are coming before Jinn ends up as Dooku's padawan
    Walking disaster was what my brother was called when I was a teenager and with him playing volleybal against British soldiers during a trip to Germany. It led to more hilarious fun when I was on trips with my brother to the USA and had an early dinner somewhere. Erna became Ernie became Earlybird. And just 'bird' when I was working in the archives or 'roadrunner' when my pager began to beep and I had to go to the fire-station
    More fun and disaster for Jocasta Nu to follow in the next part

Entry 9

Four days ago crèchemaster Doro Bo-Hondo came back with Benno, Morrin, Magin, Yorana, Jerza and Qui-Gon after a visit to a shopping centre. And with Qui-Gon finding a rockhound that started more trouble. The rockhound had been pregnant with six pups and delivered those into a toolbox with an old blanket (Mees's favorite).

I should have observed our cats and pittin more closely. They were barking and meowing and running from the door of the sleeping-quarters of Qui-Gon, Benno and Mees to me and back until I heard that door opening and three pair of footsteps hurrying away. JPW of course. I heard all from Master Yoda when he came back with the adventurous trio.

Mees had brought his blanket and the toolbox to the laundry room to clean his blanket. The rockhound and pups made their nest in the laundry of...

Yes of course Master Errolls.

Master Yoda helped the JPW disasters to repair the clothes.

And the rockhound and pups were nowhere to be found.

I can send Blacky and Morrie or Spike and Bonzo to hunt those rockhounds but. We respect all life, even the vermin. Vermin that can be a source of joy for children.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 10

The rockhounds were found by Jocasta Nu in her archives and are now in a Coruscant children's farm.

And a remark from Jocasta Nu about bookworms destroying paper archives has Benno busy and Morrie and Blacky eyeing what he is making with eager anticipating. Benno has taken cat-food and silver coloured foil to make them. But where is he taking them?

I heard it from Master Yoda when he came to guide the JPW back after their disaster in the large kitchen. Benno had crawled to Serinka's restaurant and dropped them in Jocasta Nu's salad.

Master Yoda guided the JPW to the large kitchen and gave them cooking lessons. Disaster in the making. Qui-Gon had put his can with spinach on the stove without emptying it in a cookingpan. The ring of the lid had broken leaving a tiny hole. And through that hole came a fountain of spinach painting the kitchen green.

And with Serinka away for a few days with initiates from the Dewback clan we have Master Yoda coming to us and serving his infamous stew. Yuck.

Not for the cats. Blacky was swishing his tail when he turned and turned between my legs eager awaiting for me to finish distributing the horrible smelling stew. And for me only bread and tea or caf or going to one of the other restaurants. Tahl wants to go with me and yes she can. Her friend Surina Hawri – staying in the Thranta clan – is always going with crèchemaster Teo Rosoto and more of his charges to the refrectory at the top level of the living quarters. The dinner served at the refrectory isn't like that at Serinka's but it is better than Yoda's stew.

19. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Good to know the rockhounds found a new home! Blacky has a real taste for that stew--the cats are always hungry! And Jocasta's bookworm problem definitely needs a solution.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    insects are regular visitors in archives. I know and some have to be exterminated because they eat paper. Now more cats

Entry 11

Qui-Gon loves to go to Serinka's appartment to play with Suzie and to get the famous cookies from the cook. Yesterday he took Mees and Benno with him and got into trouble when the cat escaped. Qui-Gon knew where Suzie was headed and found her with Dicky in one of the open dryers, still filled with clothes from Errolls. Serinka guided them back to the crèche. And who was here? Master Yoda and he had a new treat; jellybeans.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great mischief and cats loving the infamous stew and LOL who would think Yoda would treat with jelly beans?

22. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Yoda and stew and now with jellybeans. What's next?

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Always a reason Yoda has
    This

Entry 12

Jellybeans were the beginning of a new adventure. Magin Bhik had helped Mees, Benno and Qui-Gon to get them from Master Yoda's appartment. The jellybeans became betting chips for their game of Knights and Aces.

Master Yoda came to retrieve his jellybeans but they were gone and the four initiates – complaining about stomachs full with jellybeans – were brought to the healers' ward.

Master Yoda taught them a lesson. They had to clean a fountain in the garden of a thousand fountains.

Jos Sephiin came from the Thranta clan to us. He is 3 years old and friends with Jika Bale.

24. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Yoda is strict--don't mess with his jellybeans and similarly don't mess with Jocasta's archives :p

25. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    So very cute, @earlybird-obi-wan ! This was delightful to get caught up. Kitties, awwww, my favorite creatures in the whole world. Even cuter than squirrels.

And Yoda's 'good food'??? [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] Must. Not. Hurl.

So funny and cute. Great job so far. :)