main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration Collectibles

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Rox , Feb 3, 2017.

1. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I will be 100 yrs old if I make it to that date! yes, I'm a grip-fan! I'm sure our things will be worth something.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I was thinking of getting into Pin collecting this year. I didn't order the online exclusive pin and called today to see if I could get it but they wanted $12 for shipping. Did 2017 have an exclusive online pin? Not sure if I should get it now or see if I can get it cheaper off EBay or trading later. I could not find the store prices on their pins for 2017 in my search either for reference on how much I would need just for the store pins (not the other booth ones)

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I don't believe SWCO17 or SWCE16 had a pre-order pin with the badges. They both offered "Road to Celebration" pin and shirt sets which were online exclusives ahead of the show. I think the pre-order pin and the Jedi Master pin are both new this year.

Prices seem to vary depending on character and where the pin was available from. Orlando had a few 3-packs available in the show store, Han came with the lanyard, and they had incentive pins that you could only purchase after spending $100 (Stormtrooper) or $150 (Ahsoka) in the store. The majority came in blind 2-packs. Then there were the "sponsorship" pins that were available from various dealers like Del Rey, Sphero, etc. Some were apparently easy to get, others were a nightmare or required additional purchases. And then there were pins you could only get by trading with event staff (Death Trooper).

Obviously the harder to get sponsor pins and those behind pay walls demand higher prices after the event.

If you're wanting a full set I'd say grab it now just to be safe BUT you should be able to trade someone for it at the event. I'm sure there will be at least a few people who have ordered it "just in case" it's a character they like and will be willing to trade once they know who it is.

JonSB likes this.
  4. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    YAY!!!! I loved his art last time so much I bought the whole badge set

Darkslayer and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  5. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I would love that! I expect they'll stick with single characters, but they could go with a balance theme like the poster and have a light and a dark character on each badge.

I might seriously consider that this time. The poster is amazing!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    From what I understand in Orlando the artist who created the poster was frequently inside the Celebration store signing it for whoever wanted it as they were being purchased. My brother got both of ours signed then.

Badge sets are a must. There's something about owning the entire set that makes the Celebration experience feel that much more complete. I've gotten them from Anaheim and Orlando, and certainly plan to for Chicago.

7. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Do they sell badge sets during the convention or do you purchase them off EBay or another site until you get all the badges. I would assume you would have to get them after the convention.

8. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I believe they sell the set after the event (minus the VIP badge).

JonSB likes this.
  9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    You can pre-order them or order them at the Celebration store. And then they ship it to you. For Orlando, it was offered after the event as well, but I don't think that's always certain. Either way, it isn't something you walk away from Celebration with, for obvious reasons.

JonSB and ChrisLyne like this.
  10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I moved the posts about buying badge sets here.

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The poster for Orlando was freaking awesome.

12. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    Forcechella 2 Merch is now for sale!

You don’t have to be at the event to grab the limited edition Droopy McCool Pin!

Grab the pin and a shirt for $25 then have it shipped home and you too can be part.
    Www.starwars20.net or international orders please email sw20@starwars20.net

13. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    I feel like it's time they announced what merch will be offered in the Celebration store. It seems like (and I'm sure I'm wrong) by this time in 2017 we had already seen what the store would be offering. Some of us have to budget these things. We are only a little over a month out. Time for more information!

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Started 3/24 last time.

15. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Started 3/24 last time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Seems so much later than I remember.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TFN Main - Star Tots (now with a coin) are back on the Collecting track. Hit the link for images of the first 4 and further information.

whostheBossk and ChrisLyne like this.
  17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    As much as I think the Star Tots are cute, they really mess up the collecting panels with the worst lines because people are so desperate to get them.

18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    That's really unfortunate. I do like the look of them but I can't imagine attending a panel just to get one. Great bonus if it's a panel I'm already planning on but not enough to make me do the panel just for the tot.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I assume they do it so that the collecting panels are full rooms, but then you get people who have no interest in the panel in there and people who are interested shut out.

20. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Before the panel is even over they start lining the back of the room.

21. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
  22. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Not seeing anything i’m Particularly interested in there, lol.

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I like the porg mug but not enough to stand in line for it.

Gamma626 likes this.
  24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Exactly how I feel. I'd buy it, but I'm not going to wait in line all day to buy it. If there's other cool stuff, I'll get it at the same time.

25. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Does anyone remember what items sold out early in Orlando? I remember some shirts were gone but not specifically which shirts and what other specific items were in demand.