main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE23 Celebration Europe 23 - April 7-10 2023

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 30, 2022.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Let's start a new series of threads for this Celebration. Hopefully we won't have too much hazzle from pandemics and global politics.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Amen to that about the pandemics and politics. Hopefully I can go at least one day - depends on finances if I book a hotel. Not even going to try to commute - did that the first time and was exhausted. Ended up with the 'con crud'.

3. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I want to go to this next one. It's in London, and there's every chance it won't be there for another five plus years, so now is a good opportunity to go. Need to start planning for it, but I'm definitely excited to make it to my first.

StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  4. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I'll be skipping this one! I've never been to Europe so when I do finally make it across the pond I'll probably want to spend more time outside a convention hall.

Excited for everyone over there though! Hope y'all have fun and I'll be happy to enjoy Celebration digitally again.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    DarkRula likes this.
  5. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    Fortunately, Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023 falls on our spring break. My wife and I are both teachers in New York. We already booked Aloft London Excel. Any information that any of you can provide about that hotel would be very welcome. Also, I cannot wait to visit the Charles Dickens Museum. I am a tremendous fan of Charles Dickens. He is right up there with Star Wars in my book of favorites.

6. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I'm sure if we were living near the east coast I would go too! the only time I ever saw England when we were in the military abt. 37 years ago, . we landed at Heathrow, went to the next plane and took off! my ancestors are from England ( I like doing genealogy) but I would love to go to Cele. there!

7. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I haven't been overseas yet and it is unlikely that I will be going to London. It is nice that they decided to have it there since I am sure there are a few people that have trouble making it to one of the states here.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    My mom is encouraging me to go next year. I’m nervous about the cost though. Would love to be there for ROTJ 30 for sure though. Hmm.

9. CASWFan

CASWFan Jedi Knight

Apr 23, 2017
    Strongly considering this one since I've never been to London and would love to explore the city prior to, during and after Celebration. However, the cost is certainly a consideration and where to stay.

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I'm also thinking about attending this time! In 2016, I was all setup to go, but I had to cancel at the last minute. I had booked at a hostel in 2016, as hotel rooms in London are too expensive. I didn't get a chance to look at hostels yet. I hope they don't start selling tickets too soon; my wallet needs a break

11. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    Just applied for our passports at the public library.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Are there any tips and advice for fans coming to Cele. next year in London?

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Be sure to check the Covid rules closer to the date if there are any.For example, flights to the UK might require masks even if the US doesn't at that point.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm going! Hotel is booked, read to seize tickets.

Not sure who I'm going with from the 'cule, but it'll be fun either way.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  15. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I am glad for you! so lucky.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thank you! :)

17. younso

younso Jedi Grand Master

Jan 1, 2001
    I know it is way too early to speculate about but what price range can we anticipate for the entrance fees?

18. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Do you mean ticket prices? 4 days were a little over $200 after fees for Anaheim.

19. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    I think that the cost will be similar to New York Comic Con this year.

20. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    How much was that? There was a pre sale going on about a week ago when I called, I wasn't given a price, but the con. was highly recommended. I was told similar advice at a Cele. in L.A. years ago,(before Reed) the person said, "you got to go to SDCC next year" it's really good, they're selling tickets soon", I followed the advice and never regretted it! but... I even forgot how much the ticket was! The big cost came for the little hotel I was staying at-ugh, it was several miles from the con. center and public transportation ended at 9pm!.

21. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    It will be interesting to see how long Reed wait before putting tickets on sale given CE starts 10 months from tomorrow.

I checked my emails and I purchased my ticket for Anaheim on 21 June 2019 which was just over 2 months after it was announced in Chicago in April 2019 and over 14 months before Anaheim was originally scheduled to take place.

JonSB likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    It has to be within the next couple months.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm guessing anytime between now and the end of August. As for price, probably a little more than this year. If I remember right they didn't include tax when they gave the price for London 2016 so it added an extra 20% at checkout so just be aware of that.

24. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
  25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    If I'm not totally wrong the European celebrations have been about the same price for three days as the American ones for four days, so now with an extra day I would expect a bit of an increase in price.