main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE23 Celebration Europe 23 - April 7-10 2023

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 30, 2022.

1. jordantwodelta

jordantwodelta Jedi Master

Feb 6, 2013
    I am hoping to be lucky enough to acquire 2 Jedi Master tickets. If not, if anyone is planning on selling 2 on the Lyte ticket exchange, please let me know.

Thanks

2. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Me after they announced England: No way can I afford this and go.
    Me after 30 days: Well, maybe
    Hotels are too rich for me though. I have never been to England so I am not familiar with the mass transit but does anyone have recommendations for cheaper hotels nearby? It would be great if the cost was in the lower part of $150 to 200 range. I don't mind taking trams or trains up to 30 miles away if relatively easy to get on and off. I prefer not to get on buses or having to deal with transfers. If I go I would probably do a 7 day trip and spend the other days checking out London.

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    London over Easter is more expensive than usual, but I would never go for the offiical hotel price, they are seriously overblown. London has great public transit, so it's not a problem finding hotels that are cheaper but a bit further away. You should try to be somewhere along the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) since that one has two stops around the convention centre.

ChrisLyne and JonSB like this.
  4. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I'm currently in line on 4 separate devices, each of which are saying that my estimated wait time is more than an hour! Something tells me Jedi VIP passes will have sold out before it's my turn!!

5. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Yeah, I am at a hour also.
    How does that work with separate devices? Do you actually have a different Q id number for each device? I always assumed that if all your devices are going through the same router/ISP that the ID would be the same.

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm also in the hour+ queue. I don't think it has ever been this bad for regular tickets, even if the VIP have sold out in seconds.

7. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    This queue system using "Queue-it" is the same system Disney has been using for its own events. As long as the device is different it shouldn't matter if on the same router/IP. In my case I'm using my iPhone, an iPad, an iPad Pro and my PC. I didn't know until the queue started today that it would be the same one Disney has been using but I opened up windows on separate devices just in case and it seems like that was worth doing!

The iPhone is now showing a 13 minutes wait, the PC is showing a 16 minutes wait and the Pro is showing 35 minutes. The older iPad is still showing over an hour!

JonSB likes this.
  8. jordantwodelta

Feb 6, 2013
    Jedi Master sold out. Help me Lyte, you are my only hope

JonSB likes this.
  9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I was down to 35 minutes left in the queue, and then got bumped back to more than an hour.

10. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    Looks like I'll have to be relying on success in panel lotteries again as there's no VIP for me this time and I've just got the regular 4 day pass! I knew it would be too much to ask to get VIP two celebrations running but until it was impossible there was always hope! Oh well I guess I should be glad I saved over £600 through VIP selling out before I even got the chance to purchase!

Good luck to those of you still trying to purchase!

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm still in the queue, but the four day passes are already sold out. ;(

12. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Weird, it is showing VIP and 4 day sold out, got in 46 min after start.
    I am trying refresh to see anyone leaves without buying the tickets in their cart.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  13. CASWFan

CASWFan Jedi Knight

Apr 23, 2017
    I just waited in the queue for almost an hour. Unfortunately, yes the VIP and 4-day passes are already sold out. Didn't want to buy the individual day passes, so I'll try my luck on Lyte when it becomes available

JonSB likes this.
  14. eastbayrudy

eastbayrudy Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2022
    Man it would have been amazing to go to London for Cele...maybe next time.

15. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    It's worth refreshing as I keep seeing 4 day adult tickets showing back on sale periodically. Even though I've got my 4 day pass now, I've kept one of the devices open so I can keep an eye on how tickets are selling.

16. PongKrell

PongKrell Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2016
    I refresh and it shows them as available but when I go to check out, they're sold out again.

When does Lyte usually start having tickets?

17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I shelled out for the single day tickets. This is definitely the most expensive Celebration for me yet.

18. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I picked up a Friday pass. I figure this will give me a shot at catching the opening day panel, which is usually the most substantive news-wise. Then I can spend the rest of the trip going to other parts of Europe, where hopefully the accommodations will be cheaper :cool:

jordantwodelta likes this.
  19. jordantwodelta

Feb 6, 2013
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  20. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Frankly I never thought that the VIP tickets were worth what Reed charges, so that goes doubly so (or in the case, quadruply so) for these eBay listings.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Have you had VIP? I don't think I've ever talked to a former VIP who didn't think the experience was worth it (at face value anyway).

JonSB, Temp77 and jordantwodelta like this.
  22. jordantwodelta

Feb 6, 2013
    I was lucky enough to get 2 for Celebration 2016 in London. They were worth every penny and half the price of CE2023. It was an experience i will never forget. My first and only Celebration so far.

ChrisLyne and JonSB like this.
  23. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    I really wish more could be done to combat this type of thing. I get that things can happen (e.g. pandemics) in between the time of purchase and the actual event which can cause people to have to change their plans but there is no way anyone is purchasing a VIP ticket today and then putting it right away on ebay without trying to scam others.

I wasn't sure when I was lucky enough to secure a VIP for Anaheim whether I'd regret spending that amount of money but I agree with the feedback from SWIG that it is worth it if secured at face value.

In Anaheim I was able to sleep in later as I knew I was able to get in to the main panels without having to wait in line for hours or rely on a lottery to get in; I was able to get all my official store shopping done the night before Celebration whilst everything was still in stock and I was able to get into every panel that was held on the main Celebration stage and secure a good seat. I even made it into the 11am panel on the Friday when I had a Ewan photo pass booked for the morning as I was able to use the VIP line when they started the photo ops at 10:30am and still make it over to the main stage with 10 minutes to go and still get in!

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    From what I hear the VIP tickets are definitely worth it, I just don't have that kind of money.

25. CASWFan

CASWFan Jedi Knight

Apr 23, 2017
    Your points are very valid and it is unfortunate that some folks see this as an opportunity to make a profit off of others.

I'm hoping that any tickets that might be available through Lyte would be available sooner rather than closer to Celebration. Given that it is in London, more time will be needed to secure plane tickets, passports, lodging, etc. for those who may be traveling from the U.S. or other countries.

The face value of VIP tickets is high, however, the benefits seem worth it for less stress and anxiety