main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Celebration Japan April 18-20 2025

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Apr 11, 2023.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Welcome to the first thread about Celebration Japan. So far we know that it will be held April 18-20 in 2025 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba.

Now according one of my Celebration friends, who's been a lot in Japan, Chiba is in the Tokyo region with Narita being the closes airport, but instead of taking a train to the centre of Tokyo when you arrive you go directly to Chiba.

StarWarsFan1997 and ChrisLyne like this.
  2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Also looks like it is a short (and direct) train ride away from Tokyo Disneyland.
    So whom all is planning on joining us in Japan?

ChrisLyne and StarWarsFan1997 like this.
  3. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Well I managed to get the Tokyo trip I booked for September 2023 canceled and refunded, minus a $200 fee. I’m putting the rest of that money aside for when flights and hotels start to open up. At least on Expedia, that won’t be until April 2024 at the earliest.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I just got in line for the Celebration Store in Japan.

5. eastbayrudy

eastbayrudy Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2022
    LOL yup I'm sure the lines are going to be insane!

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Gonna chance the little green walking dude for a lightspeed lane!

7. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Well, I'm pretty sure I won't attend Japan [face_dunno]
    Too expensive for me to travel over there from Canada!
    I think I'm better to start saving money for Celebration 2027! Wherever it's going to be!

8. navarr

navarr Jedi Master

Jun 3, 2011
    For anyone attending DragonCon next week there is a panel presentation by the Silk Road Panel on Thursday night about traveling to Japan (tips/tricks/ect). The panel is scheduled to run 2.5 hours and is presented by 2 people who recently traveled to Japan.

JonSB and Darkslayer like this.
  9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm considering it. I have wanted to see Japan and this may be motivation enough. Already doing some research.

10. navarr

navarr Jedi Master

Jun 3, 2011
    I had mentioned that there was going to be a presentation at DragonCon by a couple who travel to Japan and they had put together a presentation they did at the Con. There is a lot of good travel info here dealing with public transportation and other areas.

I asked the presenter if I could post a copy of this to some SW Celebration Japan groups and he was fine with that. He also has other presentation with travel to Japan that he will provide if you contact him. I believe his contact info is at the end of the presentation.

Hope this helps with questions you might have. Some of the Covid info at the beginning is no longer relevant.

https://ln5.sync.com/dl/ef931caf0/m83cp2zi-dg4jpc8n-r3spy7ny-v74hpp8k/view/doc/16154093260006

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Thank you for this!

12. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Thank you for this! I had no idea about the prescription information and will definitely need to look into that if I go.

navarr likes this.