main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Returns to London in 2016 - Tickets Available NOW!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ChrisLyne, Apr 19, 2015.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Announced at the Closing Ceremony, the next Star Wars Celebration will be London 15-17 July 2016!! And tickets go on sale tomorrow!! Well, I guess later today for us here in the UK!

I could only go for a day last time so can't wait to experience the full weekend this time, especially at such an exciting time for Star Wars!

Now I really need to think about a costume!!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Excellent news. I'll probably try to go at least one day. I assume it's at ExCel?

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It is at the ExCel. Is that the same as last time it was in London?

I plan to go but I need to sort out accomodation. Anyone want to share?

4. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Ticket pricing for Celebration Europe

[​IMG]

Tickets go on sale at 8pm UK time today. I shall definitely be purchasing the 3 day event ticket. Was so excited when they announced this last night. I missed out on the last time it was here, and then when it was in Germany I didn't have the money to be able to make it across so I'm so happy it's coming back.

Chris_Fives likes this.
  5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Sithaldo: it was an amazing experience, it really was. I couldn't get to Germany either but I will be buying tickets for this as soon as I can!

Sithaldo likes this.
  6. Sithaldo

Nov 3, 2013
    I had a chat with the missus this morning. We're getting married in August this year so we're currently saving for that. But I made it clear to her that there was no chance I was not buying tickets for this as soon as they went on sale. [face_laugh]

7. Webwych

Webwych Jedi Master

Aug 6, 2002
    ARGH!!! Why did tickets have to go on sale TODAY?! Sorry to humblebrag but I'll be watching "AGE OF ULTRON" at 8pm, blast you Joss Whedon ...!

I attended the first Celebration Europe at the ExCel for a day and haven't been able to go to one since - hopefully I'll get lucky when I arrive home.

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Webwych: can you get a friend to book a ticket for you?

9. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I'm thinking a one day-er ticket (Friday?) with the missus too.

Are opening days usually pretty good? This year's in Anaheim certainly was as far as The Force Awakens was concerned!

10. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    The time has come.. It will be my first Celebration!!! (of course if the tickets are not sold out today when I get home).

I am so excited. I have missed previous Europe event but this time I wanna be there!!!

^:)^

11. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Really feel I need to go to at least one day of this as it couldn't be much closer to me... torn between just getting a Friday ticket as I imagine Saturday will be absolutely crammed with people to the point of absurdity, or just going for a 3 day in case something I'd like to see is on another day...

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I went all 3 days in 2007 and Saturday was the worst crowd-wise. You could barely move in the vendor area. Friday wasn't too bad.

13. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I hope so much that I can go there next year. It's about as perfect as it can be (living in Sweden): I'll turn 18 just over 2 weeks before, no school, it's relatively close by and therefore not too expensive. Oh, I can't wait for my first Celebration! Or first ever convention for that matter!

14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Wow VIP went fast! I was there and refreshing from 7:59 until buy tickets came up but still missed out. Never mind, more money for a costume instead. Tickets all bought, now the countdown begins!

Was a bit surprised as well that prices didn't include VAT so watch out for that.

15. sigur

sigur Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2013
    I had been checking the ticket site all day and then my laptop decied to play up around 5 minutes before they went live. Managed to get one using my trusty phone though. Im excited, very excited.

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I got my ticket! I was also surprised that tickets didn't have VAT and that there wasn't mention of this on the site. Oh well. All I've got to do now is find somewhere to stay.

17. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Going to try and get my 3 day tickets tmrw morning....but will be in work. is there a danger that they'll sell out straight away?

18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I don't think so. VIP are gone but standard tickets for Anaheim were available right through to last weekend so you should be fine.

19. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Managed to get a ticket for me and a friend, people who've been before any tips on things to bring with you?

Also really hope they'll let us pick the tickets before the first day...but yeah, excited :)

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Waiting on a friend to decide if he can come or not before I order tickets. He's from the US and his job situation is 'iffy' hence the delay. Hope 3-day tickets don't go too fast. For those who bought - are debit cards accepted or is it just credit? Reason I ask is that the two credit cards I have expire in 2016 before the event...

21. Sithaldo

Nov 3, 2013

The fact that your credit cards expire before the event won't matter as you'll be paying for the tickets now. I can't see you having any problems there. I used a credit card to pick up my two tickets so I can't comment on if you can use a debit card, but I can't see why you wouldn't be able to.

22. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Cannot wait!

I have my tickets booked for the three days. I had such a blast in 07', I still have my 'Hyperspace' lanyard & Fan Force UK badge Tim Bolton made on here for us. Good times! :)

halibut likes this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks. I've heard of people having problems with airline email tickets if the card they used to buy the tickets isn't valid when they try to check in, hence my asking.

Edit - looks like it's credit card only - I went that far in the buying system.

24. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    A three-day pass reserved and ready! I can't believe I'm actually going :)

wsk and littlelights like this.
  25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, I've never been to a convention before in my life, but reserved my tickets since these sorta things seem to happen on the continent more often, and... yeah, hard to say no when it's so close for once. :)

And at least it won't mean getting to the Empire at 7am for when I went to the Star Wars Marathon to watch the ROTS premiere... fun as that experience was, it was exhausting. :D