main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Cid

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 4, 2021.

1. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    I'm OK with never seeing Cid again.

Sproj likes this.
  2. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    She was tiring after a while

Sproj likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am 99.99% sure we won’t

4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Not really much time or narrative space to bring her in.

I do wonder why they developed her character so much when she could have been one note shady and sold out the Batch, but then again plans change.

Sproj and Sarge like this.
  5. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    I quite like how we've gotten to know the people around the Batch; seen who they've been leaning on at various stages of their journey, where they've gone, what paths they might've taken, etc. and Cid is (or was) a great example of this. The show was always pitched as a bunch of Clones "making their way through a perilous time in the galaxy" and Cid represented an uncertainty and risk that wasn't as prevalent for them under the Republic.

Also, let's be honest, we all spent two full seasons expecting her to pull a Lando and ultimately protect them, specifically thanks to all that development. Her betrayal wouldn't have hit half as hard if she'd just been a glorified extra handing out side quests. She's a big part of why that S2 finale is so wholly gutting.

VexedAtVohai and MercenaryAce like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would love to know what the original ideas Dave and Jennifer came up with in regards to the show. I doubt we’ll ever know though

MercenaryAce likes this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Why? Because she's dead? Is this your first Star War?

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    no, I’m saying, we won’t see her again, because we literally have no time for it

9. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Excellent points. I suppose I am so used to conflicted underworld types ultimately siding with good it was genuinely a surprise to me that she chickened out and ratted out when push came to shove. Most everyone else called it out from early though, so I guess I was alone in being surprised by that - still, as you said, it adds to the emotion of the scene. Especially since it did look for a moment there at the end that they reconcilled in the face of the tragedy, only for fear to win out.

Riv_Shiel and Happy Sando like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I told you guys she would just be another DJ

Konrad Pietrzak likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yep, just mixing those phat beats for the Batch to shimmy to.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ I have no idea what that means.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wouldn't mind seeing Cid again if it involves Phee finding her ship was hacked then Wrecker, Crosshair, and Hunter finally go after her. Maybe even turn on Phee. Hunter has been such a disappointing character since season one. I think the best hope is for him to just Jump off the Slippery slope. Do unheroic, evil things to find Tantiss. I would rather see that happen following the M-Cell lead. That's a remote if. I'm sure Omega is going to get them the coordinates from inside.

14. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    DJ, short for Don't Join, is the nickname of a character who sells out the heroes and the galaxy in the Last Jedi.

DJ also means disc jockey, a person who introduces and plays recorded music at parties and establishments.

I agree that seems pretty remote. Even if Phee did figure out her ship was hacked, why would assume Cid was involved? And even if they did - why would that mean Cid had useful information for them? And even then - how would they find her? I doubt she is still running her bar, since the X agent mentioned it took him a while to track Cid down.

It is something they don't really have time for in-universe, and in the wider narrative either, since basically we have one episode left before the end game starts, and that episode seems to be about stealing a juggernaut and attacking an imperial base.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Why wouldn't they assume Cid wasn't the one who told Clone X/ Hemlock about "The Pirate"? It seems like an obvious inference to me but I never said Hunter and the other two would be thinking rationally when they went after Cid. Blood Knights (Which perfectly fits Crosshair BTW) are usually anything but. And yeah it's never going to happen. I'm sure the next episode or two will focus on Omega and Emarie setting up the end game. Then The Bad Batch/ Rex will mount their rescue as the finale. They may briefly deal with Hunter and Wrecker's trust for Crosshair backsliding after Omega was kidnapped while in transit. From a lore perspective, it would be more interesting for Hunter, Wrecker, Crosshair plus Rex to spend at least an episode following the M-Cell lead.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Oh, @Sarge knows. Sarge knows.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    you’re like 80 it’s expected :p

18. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    You weren't alone in your surprise. :) I really liked Cid, specifically because I expected her to turn good and ultimately help the Batch. I love those kinds of characters, who act all tough and gruff to hide a heart of gold. She was also an effective culture shock for our heroes, talking back to them and putting them in their place. So yeah, the entirety of that S2 finale was a real kick in the pants!

No idea why folks disliked her, or expected her betrayal. I guess it must be a mixture of what she represented (sending the Batch on "pointless side quests" and keeping them from engaging with the wider state of the galaxy) and desperately wanting the show to be as bleak as possible.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think the betrayal became expected in season 2, but she had some genuinely good moments in season 2. Her teaching Omega how to play space chess was great

Happy Sando likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Only for her benefits

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Cid spin-off incoming.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  22. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    So instead "pull a Lando", she "pull a DJ"

Happy Sando and MercenaryAce like this.
  23. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, for one there is no reason to assume anyone gave Phee's name to the empire. The Empire has many eyes and ears, and it was repeatedly stated that Phee and the Batch asking around about M-Count bounties was drawing the wrong kind of attention.

Second, other people did see them together and know Phee's name. Lanse Crowder and his pirate crew for instance. And from the way they talked, I think Phee and the Batch had a lot more off screen adventures than the two we saw so there might be more witnesses.

Fair enough.

Indeed.

Plus I guess I am biased because I like Trandoshans and it was nice to have a good one on screen. Oh well.

I swear if fricken Rampart gets a redemption I am calling this show space-racist and humocentric. ;p

Yeah, that was fun.

She did genuinely risk her life to save Omega in Infested.

Guess the empire is scarier than a hive of ravenous bugs.

A Cid-Off

'
    Yup.

Happy Sando likes this.