main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clone Troopers and Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Anybody have any info and images of the Separatist Clone troopers from back in like 2003/05-ish? I remember seeing them in a black and gray uniforms, they wore more of the ribbed leather bodysuits than Republic Clones. They're not the Anti-Clones from battlefront but a Separatists attempt and replicating Clone troopers of their own.

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't recall these guys (and a Google search for "Separatist Clone troopers" doesn't turn up much), but I'd like to learn more.

Did these people go by any other moniker that you can remember? What medium did they appear in? I'm guessing comics?

3. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Unfortunately no. I get only Anti-Clones and the Clone Abel with his Republic armor under Separatist or Confederate Clone trooper. Very annoying.

4. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Was this from a comic or a book. I'm interested.

5. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont remember for certain , as its been over 10 years I suppose since I last saw the image.

6. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Fanfiction maybe?

7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe, but pretty sure it was legit, but again cant be certain. I do remember some of the comics at around that time having Dooku trying to acquire Clone dna in the Republic series.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Ah, Able. Good ole, 1707.

Can I just take a minute to say how much I loved Able? Oh, and can I say how much I despise the idea that he was literally transformed into a monster? :p

But the concept behind Able? I love it.

It calls to mind the stories of the famous WWII Japanese holdouts, some of whom walked into the woods in the 1940s, and didn't come out for almost thirty years. Decades after the war had ended for the rest of the civilized world, they were still fighting for their Emperor. Wild, man.

I'd be thrilled to see someone like Able re-introduced into the SW canon (just please, keep him away from any talismans). ;)

whostheBossk and Iron_lord like this.
  9. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    1 year is 2 years for a clone, so if a clone is 5 years old, he will look like a 10 yr old, if he is 20 years old he will look like a 40 year old version of Jango. They age twice as fast. Question is when where the last set of clones born?

10. ayures

ayures Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 24, 2014

Well, even if the last of the clones were produced at the very beginning of the Clone Wars in 22 BBY (which they definitely were as seen in TCW), they'd still only be 9 years old (so 18 in appearance) at the time of Rebels.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

So they would be in perfect fighting condition unless the empire killed them witch I doubt.

12. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    22BBY to 4BBY is 18 years, not 9. Those clones would be 36.

Now there were baby clones in the Order 66 arc, in what 20 or 19BBY?, and those clones are about 30 in Rebels. Any produced after would be even younger.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Right. My only addendum would be that it's been said that Rebels takes place (or, at least begins) in 5 BBY (so, 34-ish).

Yes, and I can't help but wonder when production of new clones earmarked for the GAR/Empire officially ceased? It sure would be nice to learn some more about that.

Along those lines, we've learned when Palpatine decided that clones should no longer comprise the soldiers of the Stormtrooper Corp., that some clones serving were removed from direct action roles, and instead entrusted with the training of the new, non-clone Stormies.

But whatever became of those young clones who were still in training on Kamino at the time? Those untold numbers of fetuses/infants/toddlers/adolescents, etc.? Whatever became of these brings?

Knowing how many of the Kaminoans regarded the clones as product (and knowing Palpatine, in general), I shudder to think.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I really hope they don't go that route of a genocide of children thats just ******* messed up.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 26X Wacky Wednesday/23x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    Isn't that exactly what happened in ROTS? - aside from Yoda, Obi-Wan, and maybe a few others, the only surviving Jedi were children - and Anakin committed genocide of them.

If the Empire's willing to commit Jedi Genocide, why not Clone Genocide?

vstarvan and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  16. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, I'm not suggesting this murder is anything we'll see happen explicitly in Rebels, but as far as this being the solution to the question of what to do with any unwanted clones?

It feels to me as though the Kaminoans might not bat an eye at the thought.

And Sidious? Vader?

[​IMG]

Just sayin'. [face_hypnotized]

===============================================

But hey, I've another -- happier -- thought (but bear with me - it doesn't start out that way):

What if Palpatine says "no more clones," and so the Empire plans to eliminate any remaining unwanted clones back on Kamino: children, 99's, clones who were found to be too independent during their training (and thus locked away by the Kaminoans, and studied as "aberrant").

And let's say that word of this forthcoming tragedy somehow leaks out (who knows, maybe it's even put out there purposely by the Empire, to serve as an example?).

Anyway, what if someone, like say, former Captain Rex, happens to be leading his own little cell of renegade AWOL clones, and they happen to catch wind of what's about to go down?

And they decide that they cannot allow this slaughter of their brothers to happen without at least trying to do something to help? I'd get behind a SW story like that.

And who knows, if we want to set this story later in the Imperial Period, maybe Rex and his team need to enlist some help to get the job done. And maybe it's Hera and the crew of the Ghost who are the folks who can help to make it happen?

Could make for any interesting episode of Rebels, no?

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I could see that happening but instead of the killing all the clones part they would replace it with putting them all into slavery.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Because they can use them as soldiers later and there are a lot more clone kids then Jedi Both are still as bad.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    While it would be extremely wasteful - so was the destruction of Alderaan - and yet they did it.

If Palpatine was sufficiently paranoid about the clones - I could see him issuing a "kill them all" order, even if his paranoia was unfounded.

TaradosGon likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

What would he be paranoid about that they would start a rebellion or that they would kill him.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I think you're both probably right.

Any unwanted clones certainly could be put to use as slave labor. It would be in-keeping with the Empire's Nazi roots, and it certainly aligns with Sidious' statement about Sith Empires having long been built upon the backs of slaves.

That said, I don't think that the Emperor would hesitate -- not even for even a moment -- to sign their collective death warrant, should he consider the clones any kind of threat to his rule.

But either way, it doesn't really matter in the end, because Rex and his crew will come riding to the rescue! :D

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Before Rex there was Alpha-17.

rumsmuggler and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm told that Rex was originally going to be Alpha - but they decided not to use Alpha in the end, and went with "create a new character".

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rex

At first, the creators of The Clone Wars series planned to use Alpha-17, the Advanced Recon Commando featured throughout the Star Wars: Republic comic book series, as the television series' primary clone trooper character. Series Producer George Lucas objected to the selection of Alpha because his name would perpetuate too much of an alliteration between several main characters—Anakin, Ahsoka, Artoo/R2-D2, and now "Alpha"—hence, another clone trooper was created.[35][277] Lucas provided the name "Rex," securing the new character's role in Star Wars.[46]

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah, Alpha was cool and the original. I bought the omnibus' of the Clone Wars Republic series, probably some of the best Star Wars comics and you can see TCW being inspired and even imitating it.

25. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Like others said, I always liked the idea that the 501st were one of the few units left that had pure clones in them. Vader holding on a little to who he was before would want to keep the clones as his personal garrison because he's fought so long with them and he knows what they're capable of.

It would be awesome hearing DBB's voice when Vader eventually appears on the show with his 501st in tow.