main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Clone Wars Season 3!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Maul is alive??????????

Nice twist at the end last night.

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    An interesting twist for sure. Is it going to be cyber legs Maul from the comic? It could also be a tease - not really Maul, but his consciousness saved in a Holocron perhaps...??

Light saber battles were ridiculously AWESOME!!! Although I'm a bit stumped as to why Obi Wan and Anakin couldn't best him. I'd thought Savage would meet his end once he went up against them. Killing the King of Toydaria was a surprise too. Seeing Savage drag the body around and toss it at Dooku's feet was a bit jarring/shocking.

What is Mother Talzin's ulterior motive? First she tells Ventress she must speed up her plans, despite Ventress' concerns about Savage's lack of training. Then once he returns, she sends him to the outer rim to gain more training...?? A plot against Ventress as well as Dooku?

3. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    All around whatever the case may be and what they decedide to do with this whole "Maul" thing this show is awesome. But I just would like to find out this Friday, but instead it looks like more jumping around. While Qui Gonn will be awesome addition to the show, in most shows where there's a cliffhanger type ending to an episode you know the next show will tie things up but with this show who knows where the timeline will land us week to week.

4. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    From what was said at C5 the timeline is supossed to flow forward from now on. No more jumping around. The Maul twist at the end was different. Not to sure how I feel about it. Not to sure how they are going to pull it off as well. Seeing Savage in action was cool but he everything was by brute force no skill or training. At least Grevious was calculating in his plots and fights, Savage was just head on fight. Loved the fight with Dooku, Ventress and Savage. How he would fend off Ventress and zap Opress, over and over again. So now who does Dooku have as a minion. Guess we might see another apprentice?

5. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    Well tonight's episode I found very strange, some of the characters seemed like video game characters. Some cool cameos by Shmi and Qui Gonn.

6. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    Strange, I never even got the epidode.
    I got a repeat of Assassin' where Asoka saves Padme from Aura.

I checked both teletoon feeds.
    Where did you see it?
    V

7. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I watched it online. Loved the visions everybody had. Qui-Gon was a good addition and same with Shmi, Seeing Ashoka all grown up was pretty cool as well.You have to wonder where are they going with this story arch. Now we know a version of the chosen one. But is it really the right prophecy for him to be there. The force powers are getting better and better in this season. As long as they don't go overboard like TFU it'll all be good.

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I found a crappy copy on youtube. I just couldn't NOT watch it!
    Yeah - interesting episode. The visions of Qui-Gon, Shmi and adult Ahsoka were really cool! I'm curious about Force Wielders though- and the distinction between them and the Jedi/Sith. I hope we learn more about them. I don't quite understand why the Son and Daughter have to be watched over and controlled by the Chosen One - do they have influence beyond that confluence of the Force in space? What will happen once Father no longer exists?

So many questions!

9. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Although I am unwilling to say this was the "best episode ever" I do think it's fantastic that the writers are getting bolder with non-traditional stories like this one. I'm not sure if the series could continue to be as good as it is if they stuck with the same Jedi vs Grievous/Dooku/droids storylines. Kudos to the writers for going in a different direction in this ep and making it WORK. Awesome!

10. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    It was a great episode but I think they should have let Ashoka remain dead, her going to the dark was sorta cool. The brother was great this week seemed like he was Palpatine.

11. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    WOW!
    I was almost shouting at the screen, trying to explain to my wife how important this episode was. She doesn't get it really.

How this seemed to be, to me anyway, the point at which Anakin starts his journey to the dark side by turning away from his destiny as the chosen one and being 'selfish' in his decision.
    Did you notice the few notes of Empire theme as they left the planet.!!!!!!!!
    I figure it's gotta get darker from here as Anakin is now on his way to Vader.
    Vinny
    [face_skull]

12. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    Speaking of Vader preview for next week looks kriffing awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUx4h-xTUUg

Check it,

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Watched the third episode of the Mortis trilogy...WOW!! Just wow!!!

I LOVE THIS SHOW SO DAMN MUCH!!

14. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    WOW! Can't wait for the next bunch of eps! Captain Tarkin, and wait for it...... CHEWBACCA!!!!!

w0000t!

15. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I know Chewie!!!!!!!! It's gonna be awesome. Execpt that I read this
    "To portray Chewbacca for ?The Clone Wars,? Mr. Mayhew was not required to don the outfit at all. (?I was doing it in my own clothing,? he said.) However, he did record dialogue for the character, having learned over the years to emulate the blend of bear growls and other animal noises used to create Chewie?s voice."

He always tells people he never does the voice of Chewie. I guess he'll do it just to get his name in the credits now as he won't be filmed.

16. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    A little preview of the mighty Chewbacca!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA1SRPk6O1w&feature=player_embedded

17. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    No new Clone Wars tonight. I guess we back next week according to TF.net.

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Does that mean we (Canada) are all caught up now? The Citadel was the last new one?

19. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    yes we are all caught up so the new one next week is part 2 of citadel.

20. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Really looking forward to Citadel part 2!

21. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Part 3 was awesome. 2 main deaths in 2 episodes. Wondering who they are going to kill off next. I couldn't believe they killed him off. He was a awesome little guy.

22. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    Great to see Tarkin and Skywalker coming together very slowly.

Anyone notice the Christopher Walken sound-a-like?
    V

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Hmmm... do you really think he sounded like Walken? I guess, maybe a little bit.

I liked the action scene where a trooper climbs on top of crab droid and shoots it from above! Just like the scene from EP3! Love the Filoni and crew keep giving these lovely send ups to the films :D

24. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Can't believe I have to wait another week for a new episode [face_worried]

Although nobodyfresh claims to have already seen it...?! Jealous!

25. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Padawan lost is a good episode. I'll hook u up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.