main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Clone X

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 13, 2024.

?

Who is clone X?

1. Cody

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Tech

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Generic clone

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  4. Someone else we know

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Its Boil, after the death of Waxer he became more isolated and easy target to dissappear from Kenobi.

2. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    It's Tech, it has to be Tech. If it is Tech, then the other Batchers are a chance of kicking the bucket because him returning as a mindless assassin would break their hearts...and that is fatal in Star Wars.

3. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Tech would be almost to easy, thats what everybody is thinking

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t get it. Why does it have to be a clone we’ve already met?

5. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    It dosent, i want it to be someone new or someone we havent seen in ages like Boil or slick.

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Exactly, so people like you it would be like new characters. Boil was one the clones who helped the young twilek in ryloth arc in season 1. And Slick was the traior in season 1 who Cody and Rex took down.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Slick is that clone who betrayed Rex and Cody for Ventress in season 2 of TCW. Boil is one of the two clones who was cute with that little Twi’lek girl during the seige of Ryloth

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Guys I figured it out

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Good.

Ghost Ryder likes this.
  12. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Thinking about it, I am not a fan of the concept of these clones. They seem redundant to me. They are doing the job that the clone commandos should be doing, the one clone commandos were literally bred for, yet they were relegated to guard duty at Mount Tantiss for whatever reason, and the others in the field are grossly incompetent — when they shouldn't be. Their design is also kinda meh, rather uninspiring and bland. And if it's true that CX2 is a new character, then I see no point with the whole "re-education" and brainwashing program, when it's not someone we knew, but rather some random unknown clone. Who cares then? The only interesting thing about this whole brainwashing thing would be if Bad Batch had to face someone they knew, and who is now an enemy determined to kill them. Cody would have been a good fit. Otherwise, there is no emotional investment.

TimeToAbandonShip likes this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Their design is at least better than the clone commandos though, who look like He-man action figure clones.

14. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    While in the EU clone commandos did many things during the war,
    were primary focused on doing the "dirty work", clone assassins seemingly took their role, alike to how death troopers took the role of the EU's shadow troopers, with more insectoid-like helmets.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  15. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Your distaste for commandos' bulkiness has already been noted, Bor, but no :) CX clones' design doesn't look anything Republican or Imperial. It's just kinda generic, bland and out of place. I find it out of place aesthetically. They look like some kind of insects. Commando design makes sense from a functional standpoint, and it's an extension of the clone trooper design and shares the same origin and similar aesthetics.
    I wouldn't mind some other branch of super secret covert ops black ops clones to exist, if commandos haven't been handled so poorly in this show. Given the fact that the role of commandos is infiltration, diversion, reconnaissance and assassinations — the exact same thing CX clones do — this could have been done by clone commandos as well. At least then the show would have used them accordingly to their purpose, and they would have had the chance to portray them as competent, as opposed to what we've got so far.

And also, while it could be a good point that CX clones are used to do some "morally questionable" work that the other clones wouldn't do, the problem with this show is that it portrayed nearly all the commandos as perfectly willing to kill other clones. If we had a scene where commandos hesitate or debate killing their brothers, then it would be understandable. But we never had such a scene, and all the commandos fire live rounds at the deserters, and even in the latest episode, that clone commando was questioning Wolffe's order to bury the fallen clones, since they are traitors. Anyway, commandos were handled terribly in this show, and it actively gets in the way of my enjoyment at this point.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    If nothing else, Clone Commandos are very noticeably imperial.

These guys notably look pretty different from standard imperial troops, which is useful considering their job is doing political dirty business that the empire doesn't want traced back to it. Clone Commandos are a bit too conspicuous for that.

Slater, Bor Mullet and Foreign32567 like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The clone assassin is a concept carried over by legends. Basically there job there was to kill clone deserters.

Slater likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I actually call them Ant Man Clones, because...well...they look like Ant Man.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also the clone assasin and the commando do not fill the same roles

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    My initial assumption would just be random clone, but the fact they kept this one alive and set him up as a recurring antagonist adds credence to the idea that this might be setting up some kind of twist reveal that its a clone we already know. Tech or Cody make the most sense to me; Cody, in my opinion, would be the most satisfying.

21. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The fact that his helmet stayed on the whole time when the other two x-clones got revealed fairly quickly (and looked like generic clones) does give that impression that whoever is under there isn't generic and would be recognized. Plus, something about his line to Crosshair about choosing the wrong side felt...personal.

So I'ld give about 50-50 odds about being a new or returning character.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    CX-2 snapping at Hemlock and the latter tolerating it was rather surprising. Maybe assassin is indeed doctor's first successful experiment on clones and that is why he is more independent.

Happy Sando likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean I still don’t think it’s tech, I’ll get a buzz cut if it is.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I voted ‘generic clone.’ I’d be OK with it being Slick though. Nice callback.

Wolf43 and Slater like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    captain generic could be an actual clone name