main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Cody (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 29, 2022.

1. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Major character vs minor one when compare them. Rex is just as important as Ahsoka and Rebels crew.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    No.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I love Rex. He’s one of my favorite Star Wars characters, but he isn’t.

4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    He is one of the last clones left, his character has great arc and character development. He has been in three different animated tv shows. Clone wars tv show was not only Ahsoka's story but also Rex. So he has been put as important as. Its why they wont kill him off as soon as he gets in live action. We will likey see mutch more of him.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Rex appears in live action. The only big TCW characters really left unless they do flashbacks with Satine, are Rex and Hondo. I say big because let's face it Embo, a character voiced by Filoni, isn't a big character but he is going to happen.

Much as I also like Hondo between the two Rex would probably deliver more fan service points. They probably will put in him Ahsoka and kill him off there. I'm bracing for that because out of the available characters that have a long history with Ahsoka to kill off his death would have the biggest impact. I just can't see them killing off any of Rebels' characters. I would be shocked if they killed off Hera or Sabine.

I really don't want to see him in live action. My perfect ending for his arc would be for him to live out his last days peacefully, perhaps even with friends or family to mourn him when old age takes him. It will never be a natural death with the age acceleration but a poetic huge middle finger to what he was bred for and how he was intended to die. But I would be interested to see if his ensemble dark horse status lives up in live action.

I adore Captain Rex and love his character arc. He is IMO the most complex Original Character that TCW introduced. He is arguably the biggest ensemble dark horse to come out of the show. No, Ahsoka is not a dark horse. She was meant to be the popular main character even if it took the fandom a while to embrace her.

Rex works best as a supporting character. Hell, he got all his development by bouncing off more interesting characters like Slick, Cut, Fives/ Krell, and The Bad Batch. But those small doses of him were always awesome. Even in TCW while he is the main pov for the Clone Troopers which is a crucial part of the anthology around Anakin's fall and the rise of the Empire. The real stars of the Clone Trooper storyline, the backbone were Domino Squad. Of which one of them is still around.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  6. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I sure hope he isn't. The actor who plays Nik Sant looks nothing like Temuera Morrison.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Clone characters in live action is going to ultimately come across goofy, like the barber shop scene in Coming to America with Eddie Murphy playing multiple characters. I think they should avoid it like the plague. And given the lukewarm reception of Tem’s acting in TBOBF, I don’t think we’ll be getting deep dives into clone characters.

8. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Tem will surprise fans with his take on Rex. I dont think he will die right away and he might play Rex for two or three years until they kill him off. He might be aro6nd until the crossover event. Rex I think will not be goofy clone.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The funny thing is Tem is kinda at the perfect place to play Rex. Much more than he was for Boba Fett. He’s about the right age and he has that stocky built look that Rex has. He just needs to grow that sweet Santa Claus beard and he’ll be perfect.

10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    The reception to Tem's acting has been fine. I seen no complaints about him. The reception to the character has been mixed due to everyone having an expectation on who Boba should be or what boba would do.

Tem was always in a tricky situation with Boba because they were really getting into the character of boba in a way that has not been done on screen before. And they didn't really hold back in diving into the deep end with Boba, So he became a little unrecognizable.

I think at some point Tem will play Rex, Cody and Boba some more. Other than that. Who knows.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  11. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
  12. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    It’s not even a question to me that live-action Rex will be in Ahsoka. Can’t wait for all the Old Rex merch.

13. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope they call him Santa Nick :p

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Right age plus 20 years. Although it’s easier to make someone look older than younger IMO

15. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Cody is back and already questions the order 66. Cody's redemption coming.

Wolf43 likes this.
  16. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Only a few more hours now. Hope we see Commander Cody in Bad Batch season 2, two episodes premiere. Just little tease with him and Crosshair working together under Admiral Rampart.

17. TheSithApologetic

TheSithApologetic Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 8, 2022
    Why am I not surprised they’d do this.

18. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Facist is bad.

19. TheSithApologetic

Jun 8, 2022
    Says Rex, Gregor, Wolfe, Bad Batch, and countless others. But as we know not every character shares those beliefs.

20. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Cody is no different.

21. TheSithApologetic

Jun 8, 2022
    Thank goodness for Crosshair. Originality.

22. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Lets see how far Crosshair goes for evil facism, he already protecting Bad Batch by lying to Admiral Rampart.

23. TheSithApologetic

Jun 8, 2022
    He could defect and be corrupted by those ideals. It’s always possible. I do hope we see good characters like Tarkin.

24. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Rampart is like a discount Tarkin. We will see good facist characters like Rampart.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  25. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Hondo kinda already has shown up in live action with Galaxy's Edge