main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Cody (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 29, 2022.

1. ToydarianDealer99

ToydarianDealer99 Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2022
    If rumors are true, Cody will be in next week's episode.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Critics said so also. And the episode title

3. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    He's back!

Oh wait, he's gone!

4. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Commander Cody will be back later this season, or they would have waited until mid season. Good to see Cody back and that Obi-Wan Kenobi has rubbed off on him. Cody is now a free Clone like Rex and Gregor. I hope Cody is still around Rebels and Mandalorian era timelines. Lets see Cody reunite with Obi-Wan again in live action.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  6. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I've got to say that I prefer how Cody was handled in the new canon as opposed to Legends. It's nice to see Obi-Wan's influence rubbed off on him. I'm looking forward to seeing how they resolve his arc. I don't think he will survive up to Rebels. Otherwise he would probably have fought alongside Rex, Wolffe and Gregor.

I also wonder if Cody could appear in a follow-up series for Obi-Wan. I believe he was originally going to appear in Obi-Wan Kenobi.

7. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Cody will return to Cut Lawquane I reckon. Possibly via Rex.

8. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Dunno.
    There's a lot of folks out there theorizing that Rampant actually killed Cody ( that why we never actually see him leave)..
    I think it's a possibility mainly when Crosshair finds this out it could be the last straw to make him abandon the Empire and go back to the bad batch.

9. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    But given Cody is a major minor character (see what I did there), they aren't going to give him such a non-event send off surely.

10. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Cad_Bane's_Hat Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2022
    "Heeey, so first off, sorry about that whole me-shooting-you-off-that-cliff-on-Utapu thing. We can move past that, right?"

Sarge likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the reason why we didnt see Cody with Rex, Gregor and Wolffe is because they didnt know what to do with him for a while. They had plans for him since Rebels season 3, with him still in imperial service, then we know his role would be in Kenobi show.

We finally got Cody back in post ROTS after the movie 18 years of speculation of where he would go. Now we have him leaving the Empire one year into its creation. I think they will have a good story to tell with him. Bad Batch might tell us how he dies, but could also show us him survive the show along with Rex. Maybe Cody lives a peacefull life after this.

Maythe14thBeWithYou and TadoFett like this.
  12. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    I just hope they dabble into the scrapped Kenobi and Cody storyline in some capacity.

And please don’t give him a “sacrifice to stall time for an escape” for Rex, Gregor, and Wolffe. I know fans eat up homages, but we’ve seen that already so many times in SW. I just wanna see something more original for once.

13. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Damn, it's sooooo easy to fall for that gif.

Every time...

Every fierfekking time!

*Shakes fist at clouds.*

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With todays episodes, we got reveal of clones being turned into believers. Is Cody being turned evil against his will.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Cody has done his time in this show and will be a character we see elsewhere and not connected to more Clone stories. I think they will use the drafts for Kenobi movie.