main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Collecting Contingent

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I picked up Darth Vaders Tie witht he OTC packaging at Toys R Us by the Florida Mall yesterday, only 29.99. Looks awesome in the new box.

Also at the K Mart in Winter Garden I found the Galactic Heroes, 5.49 for the two pack. I bought Luke and R2, Han and Leia, Obi Wan and Darth Vader. those were the only ones they had.

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The OTC Vader TIE is a beautiful package.

I think I'm going to pick up most, if not all, of the OT characters of Galactic Heroes. Still iffy on the prequel ones. -Campbell

3. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    This is a funny auction for a Dark Varder helment. It's actually not a bad deal at the moment, but wow does this person need an editor.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=751&item=5909744601&rd=1
    -Campbell

ps- Alex Haley was the voice of Dark Vader only!!!

4. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    I've got a signed helmet just like that but DAVE Prowse signed mine in gold.
    As far as collecting, in Pittsburgh, I found quite a few of the OTC figures and vehicles(Vaders tie, the x-wing). I also picked up the silver clone trooper. I would have bought more if I could have brought them home, but there is only so much you can carry on an airplane. Oh well :(
    Susan

5. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    All hail Dark Vader, Darth Lord of the Sith!

6. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Well I went to Webs Antique Mall today. Its out in Winter Garden. Its a nice little place to go and check out. I found some cool Star Wars stuff there. Some things were priced a little high. I ended up buying a Star Wars kids book from 1983 that I once had but cant seem to locate for 1.95, which by the way was the price back in 1983. I bought the 3D Star Destroyer puzzle that Im currently working on for 6$. Then an Anakin Skywalker pin from applause for 1.20$. Theres tons of cool stuff in there, something for everyone. Although one lady had an orginal 1977 Return Of The Jedi poster that she wanted 450$ for, I silently laughed inside and walked away. There was also the Chewbacca figure bandolier, the box was beat up or I would have grab it.

7. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I finished the 3D puzzle, and just under 24 hours I might add. It was 823 pieces of 3D fun. Its about 2 feet long and about a foot high. Not to sturdy, Ill try to take some pics or bring it to the next meeting. Looks cool, very cool.

Dale

8. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Silver Sandtrooper from SWShop.com

I am hearing about major problems with how the SWS is packaging these figures.

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jsp?forum=23&thread=165507&start=45&msRange=15

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=757349&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=16&vc=1

I still need to order some of these for trade friends, but am waiting until packaging problems are corrected.
    Has anyone had a similar problem with ordering this exclusive?

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Silver Sandtrooper:
    I'm reading the same problems. For better or worse, I decided to have mine shipped in a lump with the upcoming Stormtrooper mini-bust, which means the package doesn't ship till next month. I sure hope my Sandtroopers get picked before then, but the SWS FAQ doesn't seem positive on this point. My interest in the figure is really only to complete the silver series, so I'm not totally invested in this one, but I always want a nice-packaged figure. Fingers crossed.

Dale vs Stefanie: Dale, you're lucky Stefanie's moving or her LEGO 3-ft SD would whup your 3-D one. :) -Campbell

10. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I must say the 3-D puzzles are pretty cool. I had to take my destroyer apart, :( but the pieces are sitting waiting to be assembled once again!

Are you sure you want to bring it to the next meeting, Dale? I mean, if it's not too sturdy, do you really want it falling apart in the car? You might loose pieces carrying it up into the library! (EEEP!)

11. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    After getting the puzzle sections put together, I proceeded to use puzzle glue and glued them front and back not once but two times. Then after they dried I put the pieces together. I used needles to keep the interlocking parts together, so this puzzle is probably sturdier then the lego SD. Take that Campbell. Ive always heard about glueing lego pieces together to keep them from falling apart, might want to try that and see how it works. Im not to worried about carrying the puzzle in my car, plus I want to show everyone. I think its the coolest.

12. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I know everyone will see this, but I thought I would post this here. Thankfully, I could care less about the condition of the packaging, but I know many people, include most here, do. To say I am upset about this is an understatement. From the main TheForce.Net page:

---------------------------------------------
    Zero Satisfaction From StarWarsShop
    Tue, Aug 03, 04 10:01:09 PM EDT

We've received a flood of emails from disgruntled StarWarsShop customers getting the same reply regarding their damaged Silver Sandtroopers.

In a nutshell, don't expect any help from StarWarsShop.com on damaged Silver Sandtrooper orders. Since our report yesterday, dozens of SWS.com customers have emailed us with the same disappointing story; the on-line shop states product condition was never guaranteed, and insists all sales are final.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail. The packaging for this item is not guaranteed to be in mint condition. All sales for this item are final.

Sincerely,
    Customer Service
    StarWarsShop.com"

Understandably many fans are quite displeased with this turn of events; many of whom are Hyperspace members, who until just yesterday were the only fans able to take advantage of the SWS.com exclusive Sandtrooper offer.

"Hi, I read with interest your info about the Silver Sandtrooper from the Star Wars Shop arriving damaged, I am a Hyperspace member and ordered 2 Silver Sandtroopers when they became available. Both were jammed into a shipping box that was way too small with absolutely no packing material. To say they arrived damaged would be an understatement. I notified the shop regarding my disappointment and just received a terse e-mail informing me that mint condition on this item was not guaranteed and all sales are final. This is not the first time I have received damaged merchandise from this bunch and obviously they do not care about my business. I have been supporting Star Wars since 1977 and have spent God knows how much money on Star Wars collectibles but I'll be darned if The Star Wars Shop will get any more of my money.

Thanks, Mike Wilson (DarthSpock)"

Adding insult to injury; soon after reports of damaged troopers were published yesterday, StarWarsShop.com apparently updated their site with a disclaimer regarding condition and returns on this item. The site now clearly states: "PACKAGING IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE IN MINT CONDITION. ALL SALES OF THIS ITEM ARE FINAL" While this may be of service to those considering placing an order now, it's far too late for those that placed orders prior to the update and only aggravates the situation for many fans and collectors.

Thanks to all our readers for their reports, we're sorry you didn't receive better news. Should the situation regarding Sandtrooper returns change, we will be sure to post that information.
    ----------------------------------------------

Brandon

13. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    That is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, to get a damaged toy from perhaps ebay or something, yeah. But HELLO! I mean you can go to ANY toy retailer online and get an item. If it is damaged, they will give you your money back or whatever. But the OFFICIAL merchandise seller?

Maybe it will lead to: THE REVENGE OF THE FANS!!

Ok, just trying to lighten up the mood...

14. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Well, they did retract that a tad. Now they say if you bought it before the "may not be in good shape" addition (put in on the 2nd), you can return it for refund or exchange. They also note that the exchanged one carries no guarantee either. I'm still in limbo and will necessarily be until September. We shall see. It is ridiculous, and hard to believe that nearly every fan club exclusive that didn't come in a cubic box arrives in dodgy condition. I have my Silver Clonetroopers as recent evidence.

I'm glad to hear the SD-puzzle stays together so well, Dale. I think that's a great idea for that sort of item. Next stop, the Millenium Falcon?

Speaking of the Falcon, I found and passed on the MF at TRU on OBT Tuesday. Was obsessing over a new interest, scuba, and needed to focus my resources toward that on that day. And a part of me is holding out for the Sam's exclusive version. Has anyone bought one yet? Anybody open one? I'm curious to hear opinions- it looks great in the pictures. -Campbell

15. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    We're talking about the 3-d puzzle right? Not the lego set?

Well, I have kinda put together the 3-D MF (old one) and it is a total pain in the ass. I really don't like 3-D puzzles so I guess Dale would like it! HAHA

16. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Is it still together?

17. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I never really finished. See, I put all the sections together, but I didn't put them together into the actual thing. I think it's laying around somewhere...dunno?

18. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Picked up a Luke Stormtrooper GG Bust today. Shipped with insurance for 65$ Looking forward to geting my hands on this piece.

19. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    If you hadn't noticed Toys R Us going down the commode, their credit card is following suit. The credit card I've used more than most people use any credit card is the TRU Visa from Chase.

Just got a wizard letter from them explaining how everything's getting better and music's playing all over the world. They're giving me 5% back on every purchase at an R Us store (it was 4% before) and sending me a bonus coupon for $10 free Geoffrey money. Woohoo. In smaller print, they also mentioned in passing that the 1% I get back on EVERY purchase, is now being cut in half. Argh. Nice to know they think I'm stupid enough not to notice that.

Also, if you have the card, note that they now have you pay tax on the amount of those certificates when you redeem them. It used to be that they just subracted the amount, usually $10, from the cost, and taxed what, if any, was left over. Add that to the fact that their stock rarely changes and their checkout lines being sluggish, and you've got a store I'm not so sad to see go under. -Campbell

20. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    I would like to give a shout out to JediScout(Dale), who was nice enough to help me obtain a hard to get GG Chrome Vader bust for a VERY reasonable price. Thanks JS, your help was appreciated.

The OTC Cantina 3 packs are arriving at K marts in our area. (so far, just the first one) I did not pick them up myself, but a local friend called this morning to let me know I was covered. Happy hunting!

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Many thanks for the tip. I've been waiting for these figures for years. A-hunting I will go. -Campbell

22. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Clearly, my place will never be straight. The collection is like a virus spreading from room to room. So I must revel in each success.

Finished a shelf on the living room bookcase. It's got the new OTC Falcon (labeled, which took a couple of hours and a movie to get thru), the Unleashed Han, the 25th Anniversary Han and Chewie, and the matching Han and Chewie Japanese diorama. The beauty part is that the diorama pair fit under the Falcon at it's ramp in perfect scale. Me so happy.

Kudos to the faithful collectors that can actually ID those pieces. -Campbell

23. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    ANyone that wanted the GG Luke Stormtrooper bust or the Spirit of the Rebellion bust ups, they are available at the Gentle Giant site for the collector's club. (all you have to do is sign up for the email updates.) GET THEM NOW!! They won't last!

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=6432

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=6237

24. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Campbell,

I got my series 3 Tomy diorama sets today. Is that real candy in them? It says Tomy Candy Store on the little bag, but Im not jumping in to eating it right away. Still trying to find series 1.

Sharon,

Glad I could be helpful. Thanks for the tip on the Luke Storm Trooper bust.

Dale

25. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Dale

Did my friend Rod help you with the Luke bust?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.