main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Our celebration of the 20 Years of the Jedi Council is over!

Here's to 20 more years!

3. Our celebration of the 20 Years of the Jedi Council is over!

Here's to 20 more!

collection pictures...

Discussion in 'Fresno, CA' started by donsolo, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    I've recently started a project to catalogue my R2D2 collection to try and keep better track of it, because for now they're either stored away somewhere or displayed on these shelves:
    [image=http://static.flickr.com/59/156263300_7b50edbd1b_m.jpg]
    -and while its fun to see a big pile of R2s like that, it?s not very clear what exactly I have.

So, with that in mind and some time to kill while I was sick, I started photographing each unique item individually over the last few days. I got a decent setup where I don?t need to clean up the images very much, but it will still take many hours to get them all. You can see the one I?ve done already here: http://flickr.com/photos/donsolo/sets/72157594149539105/

So far I've got 141 of them online with dozens more waiting their turn. Hopefully I can get them all online before too long, and I?ll know for sure again just how many I have. I thought maybe someone in here might be interested in seeing them, and I wondered if anyone else has a collection like this? ? (plus I?m looking for a reason to keep our Fresno forum active!)

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, not exactly an R2 collection but lots of original release stuff.

However, I am looking for one specific droid piece that I didn't get when it was available (and NOT LFL authorized). Seriously this thing did exist for a while..

It was a C3PO scotch tape dispenser. 3PO was on his back holding the roll of tape on his stomach/chest. The tape was then pulled through his open bent legs and the "cutter" was between his knees. It was so disgusting it was hysterical. Part of a desk set. I passed on it at the time (just wasn't into 3PO for a collectable) but have kicked myself over and over that I didn't get it..just because it was soo....odd.

*There does that help Fresno a small bit?*

3. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Is this what it looked like?

[image=http://tanuudar.freeservers.com/SWG%20Photos/C3POTapeDispenser.jpg]

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ARRGHH... the link didn't work. Try again!!

5. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    Oh dear god... that's ridiculous! [face_laugh] (You can see it if you click the link...)

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    YES! YES! YES!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Unbelievable isn't it! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.