main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Jedi Knight88 and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  2. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    THANK YOU!!!

3. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Has anyone been watching Andor? I’ve watched the first 5 episodes and I want to like it, but I just can’t seem to enjoy it. Is it worth persevering?

To be fair, some of the show was filmed in a location that I’m very familiar with and I think that might be taking me out of the experience.

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I have to catch up!! Egads!! My son and daughter-in-law are contemplating a move to Colorado. So that would be very interesting if @PadmeLeiaJaina I follow you there!

I went to see the Jonas brothers in Vegas with my daughter and daughter-in-law . The drive was going to be hard so I took a cycle of prednisone!! No pain while driving, knocked a giant arsed hole in my immune system though. Was down for 3 weeks with Covid. Took me 2 1/2 years to catch it at least. I’ve had 5 shots. In support of shots my daughter had five as well and we share a bedroom and she never caught it!

2022 is a year of pain for many reasons. Mainly my sister died from cancer. I am going to spend Christmas with my 12 yr old Neice next week. Her first Christmas without her mother. Sure hope I can add some joy to her holiday.

As much as I love collecting, even three major Padmé collectible preorder/orders can’t really make this a nice year for me. Happy Holidays and everything wonderful to us all though.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your sister - condolences to you all. @};-

6. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I am sorry to hear about your sister I will keep you in my thoughts and your niece will be in my thoughts as well

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sorry for your loss, Cathie. It always feels like there are just long bad years recently, aren't there? I caught a bug at the end of my vacation 2 weeks ago. Spent a whole week feeling blah. Might've been COVID but I got a shot before leaving so it ended up just being a bug.

Move is on hold. I have to buy a car before end of month. Next year they want us back in the office 2 days a week. It's going to be a pain - every Tues and Thurs - so every other day I have to plan to be up way earlier to drive into the office. I'll be car shopping next week.

I am going to work to get my Star Wars room back in order. I know I keep saying that but I'm at the point where I don't even remember what all I bought in the last couple of years. I need to get everything out and on display. From there I want to pare things down some.

8. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I’m sorry for your loss, Cathiecat. I hope that you and your family have the best Christmas possible. I hope that 2023 is a better year.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I Agree whole heartedly with @ Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  10. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth SOS & 7X Hangman Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    OMG, I'm so sorry for your loss @cathiecat...

I wish you all the best, and hopefully 2023 is a wonderful year for you!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  11. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth SOS & 7X Hangman Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    Oh I was flippin through my Entertainment Catalog, did anyone see the new promotion they are running? Free Shipping + Free Black Series Figure (their choosing, not yours) With Orders $70+?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  12. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Happy Christmas to all who celebrate the holiday!

14. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Thanks I got alot of star wars Merch.

15. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Happy New Year, everyone!

16. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Same here Happy New year everyone and may your new year be filled with wonderful new finds

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Happy New Year everyone!
    My one New Years resolution is to get my Star Wars room in order. That's a fun one I can get done

Dannik Jerriko and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I always try to get my star wars room in order but then I get frustrated and stop:)

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    We need to do mega housecleaning which got our of hand after the pandemic and my sister struggling w/ depression. I have bags of laundry that I have to take to the laundry mat to get them out of the hallway, then we need to drag mountains of crap to Goodwill that I have lining our hallways. Once the hallway is completely clear, I need to have someone (likely my handyman) take all of my empty Star Wars boxes out and put them in my shed. (My freaking Jabba box is alone is the size of a small chair.)

My sister will have to remove our guest bed that's in our spare room, and I can have the enormous desk that's currently in my Star Wars room taken out of there and moved into the extra room in it's place. Then I get to sit amongst the debris that's left over and go through everything. I'm going to downsize the table in there and get just like a card table that is easy to fold down and move everything around in the room. Currently my shelves are chaotically displayed, I think I want to set things up chronologically as much as I can for the shelves. Some will just have to out of order due to sizes of things, but if I can do like "prequels on these shelves, OT, ST, my Grogu shrine, etc," I'll be happy. I then will have to map out how many new bookcases I need and save up for a trip to IKEA. Then comes the fun part of reassembling the whole room. I just wish I had room to display any of my posters.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Apparently Disney's Happy Holidays "gift" was to go out to FB, FB marketplace, and Etsy and start targeting sellers who are selling non-licensed Disney/SW/Marvel items and are filing lawsuits against everyone.

I have a feeling my pin collecting days are going to be coming to an end rather soon.

21. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I hope your sister's depression gets better that is something I know alot about

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Grrr my sister just shared that today - Sunday Funko is opening their warehouse that's on the East side of Phoenix valley to the public Course they do this when I'm broke. But that sounds a lot more fun than the Superbowl (which is being hosted here.)

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Go!
    When I used to order from R2DToys (before they went bust) they had a couple of 'open days' at their warehouse. I went to two and had a blast.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm thinking Sat. Will be interesting to see what's all there.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Take some pics if you are allowed to..