main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Well I didn't say the films wouldn't be entertaining or that I would never watch them, just that my enthusiasm for seeing Star Wars in the theater will likely wane once the new era films surpass the number of old ones. In recent times I've been content with making it to one or two big adventure/effects films a year, and honestly in terms of that style right now Episode VII isn't even my most anticipated.

Now if Lucas would actually release one of those mythical smaller experimental films, I'd be there as soon as possible.

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    But then I'm stuck with the Mando-Maul fanbait, which is sometimes worse.

Maybe if they told a story about... I don't know, The Clone Wars?!?

3. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    I remember going to the midnight premiere of The Clone Wars in theaters and being really disappointed at the turnout in comparison to the midnight showings of all the prequel movies. People didn't even start to line up until like late in the evening and there were only a handful of people in costumes.

It might have been just because people thought TCW movie looked really bad or only for kids but I can't help but wonder if having so many Star Wars films coming out in such a short period of time will diminish the hype and excitement for going to see each one.

4. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I love the irony of Minnie Mouse in the background in the beginning. LOL!!

TheYankee likes this.
  5. TheYankee

TheYankee Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2006
    Gotcha.

It'd take quite the story to make this one "OK" with me. This is by far one of the more idiotic story lines in Star Wars, IMO... and, wouldn't ya know it... all George's idea.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  6. TheYankee

TheYankee Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2006
    Holy cow... I didn't even notice that. That is funny.

7. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks for the clip, I have never seen that before! Funny!

8. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    The Clone Wars movie was a disaster, it should have never been allowed into theatres and instead pitched as big made for tv movie. Plus it wasn't any good. It isn't a patch on what we are seeing from the clone wars team now.

That being said, I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of these spin offs coming in such quick succession. I'm frightened that they'll be diluting the franchise by trying to turn around the cost of their investment too quickly. They really need to making sure the Episode VII is incredible, everything is riding on this film and if they don't get it right straightaway it's going to take a long time to stear the ship back on course. It needs to go toe to toe with Empire in my opinion, anything less and it has the potential to be viewed as a failure.

LawJedi likes this.
  9. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    As you already know about me, I was "hating" the idea of Maul coming back. It was a season cliff hanger and during the downtime I was cursing Dave Filoni and TCW crew. I was super skeptical about how it would be, and the odds were low on how I would feel about seeing Maul come back. Lets just say "how" he was "reintroduced" was really top notch.

One recommendation if you choose to watch that episode, do it with the lights off, in a quite room with the sound turned up. Let's just say the ambiance enhances the effect. Creepy and unsettling to say the least. I'll be straight up with you, not every Maul episode since his return has been epic, but it seems to follow continuity. The last episode, was back to being epic. Good stuff.

Jedi Merkurian and Boxster like this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is all happening too fast now. I agree with others who've said that they'd rather see them finish the ST first before branching out into standalone / spinoff movies. Anything involving alternating, etc. could dilute the franchise too much.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I agree, I hated the idea of him being brought back on TCW but I grew to accept it for the most part. I don't think I'd say I was fine with how he was reintroduced, though... I thought the first two episodes featuring him were really bad. Since then, though, I have to admit that they've used him well and it's certainly made for the most entertaining episodes this season, easily. The last episode, that just finished this past arc, was indeed epic.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Very cool! I'm alright with this.

13. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I agree and disagree with you:
    This is the part I disagree with. I consider myself a Star Wars fan, and knowing a new movie (if only an animated one was coming out) I wanted to see it. It's no different what people are saying in this forum: "If they put out a new film, I'll go see it". But where was everyone for TCW movie? On opening night no one knew if the movie sucked yet (excluding critics but who the hell listens to them?). Was it bad marketing? I know that my family and I went, the theater was half full. I'm ok if people didn't like it after seeing it, but "Star Wars fan" turn out sucked. I did my part. Where was everyone else?

Agreed. I'm not an Ardnt or Abrams fan, but I'm trying my hardest to hope EP7 is going to stay true to SW. That's why I think they would have less risk turning out more cartoons or TV shows.

14. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    As far as the reintroducing goes, the very first moment he was brought back (end of that episode) was cool. I do agree with you that subsequent episodes right after that were a little thin and rushed (especially his "rehabilitation"). And we seem to be on the same side of his role in the galaxy after. And double yes, that last episode was epic.

(I might have to go over to TCW forum and discuss!)

15. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Okay, so taking stock of what's been confirmed:

First the new news...
    So three "Episode" movies, and two spinoff movies.

And Yoda and I guess Boba Fett are the top guesses for the spinoffs...

That about covers it?

Looking at it this way it's not a whole lot, for those worrying about too much. It's a lot less than the Avengers. And I'm sure Disney will watch and see how this performs, and if they like it, I'm sure they'll move forward. And if it doesn't do well, then they'll adjust.

16. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    let;s start a forum for Episode III.V !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring Ewan back...have him confront Vader (bring Hayden back for good measure) and let's have the best spinoff ever! Who doesn't think this would be better than Episode VII?:)

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would definitely not want to see Obi-Wan confront Vader before ANH. Sorry.

eht13 likes this.
  18. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    *slowly raises hand*

TreborSabreon and eht13 like this.
  19. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I think SW has officially outgrown the forums. Not enough of them now. We need a Standalone SW films forum now too

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

21. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Something with a view of the beach, please. Thanks.

22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Kashyyyk beach?

Pro Scoundrel and LawJedi like this.
  23. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Oh my God, like we need more of that.

24. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Poop or get off the pot.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I for one am always game for more Star Wars as long as it's not milked out every single year and it is consistently entertaining. Sadly, the age of the event movie may be almost over.