main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWC22 Costume/cosplay thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jun 8, 2018.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So, anyone has any plans yet?

In my local cosplay group we have a saying "comfortable is not spectacular". Celebrations are great for specactular costumes, but the competition is also really hard if you like being photographed. The last Celebrations I have gone for comfort instead of the spectacular, and I have a couple of those. I'm probably bringing Mon Mothma
    [​IMG]
    so that I can be in the Rebel Legion photo, and then my Admiral Daala
    [​IMG]
    for the 501st photo.
    I also want to bring my Willrow Hood for the running of the Hoods. (I'm the one with the very big wig and moustache, but a very small ice cream maker)
    [​IMG]
    But then it would be fun to make something spectacular as well. I am going to finish my TLJ Leia some time in the autumn, but the problem will be to pack the wig. I've also gotten really interested in Enfys Nest from Solo, but I have never worked with so much hard materials and I wonder how one would transport the helmet. Then a friend of mine wants me to resurrect my cancan trooper, but that will more or less involve redoing everything from scratch.

So many ideas, so little time to plan and make costumes.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Wow! what a creative and resourceful person you are! I missed the costume parede last Cele. be cause I was in the store line! I saw only very little(heeds and helmets) going by. The Woodrow Hood group is so cute! such a small character can be so popular and large in numbers! I want to make sure I can get good group pictures this time! hope to see you there!

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Nice! I'm going by myself, so I won't be cosplaying, but I can't wait to see what people are doing.

4. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I’m really thinking of doing a female version of Thrawn. I’ve loved him since the 90s

Amon_Amarth, kalzeth and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    That would be cool. I met a female Hux at a con earlier this year who looked amazing.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  6. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm considering cosplaying. Thinking maybe Han from Solo.

MotivateR5D4 and Padme501st like this.
  7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm thinking of doing Cassian. It's easy enough. And he's probably my favorite Star Wars character next to Luke.

Padme501st and Gamma626 like this.
  8. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    Tell me more about the running of the hoods. I've seen it, I know what it is, but how do I participate and how is it organized?

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    kalzeth likes this.
  10. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'll probably just bring generic Jedi robes, they're comfortable enough for the amount of sitting, walking, queuing, etc that you do at Celebration.

11. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    I might do a Jedi. I just need to figure out how do people make the Tabards...

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    There’s guides over at the Rebel Legion site (check their forums). Generally they’re not one piece and the seam is hidden under the belt & obi, which is how they’re angled on the body then straight below the belt. Some people also use velcro or poppers at the belt and shoulders to help stop them slipping all the time.

Padme501st likes this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    The first rule of Running of the Hoods is...

14. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    . . . our running is not known until the day of.

15. torjoreyri

May 9, 2014
    "Tell people how to sign up," apparently.

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    If you go to the link I provided and register you will get access to the forum. There you can find out the requirements that you need, once those are done you post a pic of yourself as Willrow Hood in a special section on the forum, and once you are cleared you get access to the planning/swag areas.

17. torjoreyri

May 9, 2014

Oh! no, I got that. I was making a joke because "the first rule of fight club is 'don't talk about fight club,' " but it looked like "the first rule about the running of the hoods is 'kindly direct people to where they can get more information' "

18. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    My hope is to finish up the X-wing pilot costume and get it approved for Rebel Legion, by this autumn. Aside from proper boots, the flak vest tubing needs to get fixed. Also I was finishing the helmet very last min before Rogue One premiere, so it is a simple colour scheme.
    For comfort, I'll bring my Doctor Aphra. And maaaybe Jedi Jaina Solo. Still new at sewing and require a bit of handholding from friends. :p

I guess a pilot suit can easily be repurposed for Willrow Hood... [face_thinking] But that might be too much homework / luggage for next April.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm dubbling my x-wing pilot for Willrow Hood, and I've made a symbolic ice cream maker that I can easily pack, and the moustache doesn't take up much space.

20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm thinking about doing a Jedi outfit inspired by Luke's Crait costume. Won't be accurate enough for Rebel Legion (and I may play with the colours a bit) but I'm hoping it will be quite comfortable/practical for just walking round in.

21. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Sweet that the pilot suit can be used! Then I'll start investigating how to make an ice cream maker....

22. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    My orange jump/flight suit, boots, insignia and badge are packed in the ice cream maker . . . uh, computer core.
    It's a tight squeeze, but doable.

23. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    And this is my travelsized ice cream maker, made from a plastic cup.

[​IMG]

24. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
  25. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Seeing there are pilot costumers here, I might as well pick your brains. How do you normally pack your helmet? Carry-on? Special baggage?