main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    everything looks awesome :)

2. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    been thinking about that arch trim Terry and think i might just make it myself, don't like what i have and havn't seen anything close, shouldn't be too hard to do.

3. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I'd say go for it, then you get the look you want rather than settling for something "close". :)

Looks great Ang!

I've picked off the stomacher and am finishing all the edges and stuff before I put it back on. That should bring everything in enough. This is the base in between pic, not embelished at all, no ruffles on sleeves or anything. And no hoops.
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/geekgirl76/Picture200.jpg

4. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    Looks good Terry! :)

5. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Wow....looks amazing, Terry!

6. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    looks awesome :)

7. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Looks awesome Terry. I'm gonna have to buy a sewing machine one of these days and learn how to use it.

8. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Thanks guys. [face_blush] So far so good. :)

9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    finally fixed the snap on my bikini

sleeves are slowly coming together, got all the bits cut out, just need to assemble and make lace.

10. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    I finished the over dress (except for hem) but then I didn't like the sleeve ruffle so that's been picked out. :( I really need to get a leather thimble, that was more hand stitching than I've done in years. :p

11. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    ha i found mine, i can lend it too you, um but not sure where i put it once i found it :p

12. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    LOL, you know, at least I have the excuse that I'm a slob, your house is so tidy and yet you loose things almost as well as me. :p
    Don't worry about it, I need to get my own so I can loose it when I need it. :p

13. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    sleeves are finally all together jsut need to finish the embellishments, all the trim is on already, considering not bothering with the bullion on the sleeve trim but probably should but so much work. maybe get skirt done and see what kind of time i'm looking at to get it done :p

14. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Your settings came today, they fit well and I think they'll look really sharp. :)

15. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    yay thanks :) need to start some of that embroidery next

16. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    I saw what Liann has done on her sleeves so far and they are amazing! This dress is gonna be the best ever! The best!

My friend Samantha is getting a sewing machine from her bf's mom, and she is going to work on her feast dress. The original plan was I was going to make it for her, but she now wants to sew it on her own, with help of course. She said she'd like to learn to sew again so she can join us on sewing days. And she comes with a little baby that everyone can hold and cuddle. :)

17. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    aww thanks Kyla

attempting to attack the scallops again, but machine is not happy so i've cleaned it all out and will try again.

18. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I need to take a trip to tandy leather soon so I can start on my Luke and TIE belts. I also gotta see about getting some black boots.

19. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I've totally slacked off...fell off the costume wagon. Haven't even really unpacked since costume day. Ugh.

Greg is playing in Wetaskiwin on the long weekend so if he stays out there we could do an all day costume day at my place if anyone is available on the Saturday.

20. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    have something that evening but should be able to during the day :) really need to make a dent in these scallops i'm trying but still haven't finished the second panel, the tension does not like the fabric i have to keep constantly adjusting it so its slow going. its happy sew a couple scallops then its not grrrrrr

21. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Cool. Is it okay if I bring my friend Samantha? She's getting into sewing with her medieval dress for the March feast.

22. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Yep....that's fine Kyla.....I'll let everyone know as soon as I can whether or not we are on for that day!

23. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    yay terry solved my bobbin issues. just changed to the metal bobbin and no more adjusting. did three whole rows and no adjusting

24. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    See, sometimes it pays to humour the crazy person. :p Glad it's working now.

25. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    Hey girls,

Now that I have my padme fur, I am making what I can before the catsuit comes in... I have made my pompoms and was wondering how I should attach the fur to the boots, I am guessing hand stitching...there is a sorta lining with an elastic that goes around my calf so the boot doesn't fall down... and its black... :(.. so I might use a bit extra fur and cover up as much of the black liner as I can...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.