main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Not sure what an enaber is? You should join. There's plenty of goodies in there. I know myself... I really shouldn't look at that site as it fills my head with wants :oops:

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    yeah got the fourth panel done, only two left to go.

3. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    on the last panel hopefully get it done tomorrow or tuesdya, yay its so close, then just finish the sleves then the bodice. getting there.

4. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Can't wait to see what you've done, Liann!

I was sick for 5 + days and so now I'm waaaaaay far behind. I got some stuff on Erin's costume done this weekend and a little bit on the assembly of my new Scout armor. This week is going to be busy in order to get Erin's finished, my medieval one finished, my friends medieval one started and hopefully finished and maybe a couple of other things. Gak!!

5. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    ahhh so much for you to do. hope you feel better.

ugg don't think that panels getting done today, slept to late

6. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    Got Chris's shirt cut out, sewed the modesty panel onto Sam's dress and did some trimming on the rogue threads, got the neck line pinned and did a little bitty wee bit of sewing on it, and cracked the whip over Liann to get her working on the panels.

7. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i have finally finished the scallops HOORAY. thought it would never end :p if i ever think it would be a good idea to tackle something like this again, someone please stop me.

8. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    double hooray,,, thanks again for letting me borrow your blaster Liann... and dropping it off. :) THANK YOU!

9. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Can't wait to see it, Liann!

10. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    welcome

first attempt at pleats looked really bad so had to rip it out and redo it, looks much better except accidently had a piece of satin fold up underneath so just have to rip out a little section. its a little poofy but should settle down once hung. and i even bled on it.

11. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    This thing is gonna be so awesome when it's all done. So awesome!! But yah, you are insane and if you decide on another crazy dress like this, I will take you to Ponoka and collect my $50 for doing so.

12. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    haha. Terry was kind enough to point out that the feast is in two weeks. so seriiously stressing now. somehow thought there was an extra weekn in there somewhere. eek

13. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    YES my boots came and they didn't screw up the order!!! And this weekend I'm going to do my belt this weekend.

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    awesome. cant wait to see it all together :)

15. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I got my friends dress cut out and most of it sewn. I tried on my dress again, but this time with a corset underneath and it looks waaaaaay better. I'm still going to add a little boning to keep it from pulling at the grommets but it should be just fine otherwise. Last night I got most of the under "dress" for my Jawa cut out......and didn't have enough for the sleeve....grrrrrrrr. So close.....but soooo far. I'm going to Fabricland in the mall tomorrow after work to get a zipper etc. for my friends dress so I'll just pick up another piece of the broadcloth for the Jawa. I brought the Jawa hood with me to work today to get the handsewing on the front done. I pinned the edges on the robes so I can sew them up tonight. One more costume almost done! Ooooo....and I bought new lights for the "eyes" so I just have to do a little rewiring.

16. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    GHAAA!!! Aren't sergers supposed to make life easier?!?! Got the pants half done whan the stupid thing decided to start eating things. :( Bah, I'll fight with it tommorow.

17. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I hope it didn't see you type that, Terry! [face_shame_on_you] [face_laugh]

I feel your pain. My machine has "days". It's best just to walk away from it when it's having one of them.

18. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I don't know, I like the idea of drop kicking it into a snowbank better. :p

19. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    No Terry cause then you'll hurt your foot. And even though you will have had the satisfaction of drop kicking the blasted machine into a snow bank, in the end it will have won as your foot will be causing you immense pain. Best to think things through. ;)

20. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I got the Jawa hood pretty much finished yesterday so not much left to do!

21. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Sssttrreeesssiiinnnggg!!!!! Too much to do. :s

22. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    totally :( nearly done though. i jsut want it to be done :(

23. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Got the edges of the waist cincher sewn, pinned the hem on my skirt and got about 1/4 of that sewn. I brought it with me to work today and I should be able to have that finished by the end of the day. Have to put the grommets in the waist cincher and then finish Chris's shirt. Should be ok for time.

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    dress is done, hooray :)

25. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I almost have my Luke belt done woot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.