main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Courtney Solo's "Lovely" Fan "Art" -New Art: March 24th ~ page 10 -

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Courtney_Solo, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
  2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    More drawings! Yay!! And a PM coming your way on getting some better quality in your photographed (you took pictures of them with a digital camera, correct?) drawings! ;) That one of Padme in the hood is from one of my favorite photos of her, and despite the fuzziness of the image it looks very good. I like the Krista Fett one, too--ever-so-typical of a Fett, to be hefting a big ol' weapon like that! ;) I will suggest that you try to add in some more shading to these--shading is a wonderful way to give depth to a drawing, and serves portraits particularly well. The most recent w/ps are also nice--but just like before--I'm really diggin' the drawings! :D

FF

3. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks! I'm working on a Tahiri drawing, and there a lot of light involved, so I'll work on shading. [face_devil] I will get a better picture of Krista Fett when I get back to my old computer. Yayness. (I also didn't bring the drawing w/ me).

This is the original piece of work I'm going off of:

http://www.fanderson.org.uk/images/tb04penpar.jpeg

It prints out REALLY tiny, so we'll see how it turns out. :p

C @};- S

4. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    I completely agree. What you call art borders plagerism in my mind. To take someone's hard work, add a couple of words to it and call it your own is utterly wrong. Since you're from the fanfic world, if you took a published story and changed all the characters names but kept the rest of the words the same and called it your own, there is no way you could get it published or post it since it is not your work. Someone else has already done the work for you, and you have no right to call it your own.

5. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I still agree! I don't call these my own; I make them for wallpaper, etc. Have fun!

C @};- S

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I hate to point this out, but the latest picture's not turning up.

7. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    The Behind These Hazel Eyes is my favorite, it's natural and sexy!

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I can't see the latest pic also.

As for the discussion of art. I think wallpapers have always been the mixing and matching of other peoples' work. It is usually not a problem when the stuff you are using is very familiar. But if you are using pictures that are not well known or you are running the pics through a filter, you probably should let the viewer know that these are done using other people's art or photos. The reason I like to know is I feel like an idiot when I say, "What a beautiful drawing!" and then find out the person took a photo and ran it through a PS art filter. People like to know what they should be praising.

AG88

9. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Oh, look, THE TAHIRI PIC I PROMISED TO DRAW HAS BEEN FINISHED!

Tahiri

I'm sorry, FalconFan, no matter what I did, I couldn't make it un-fuzzy! :_|

Help?

[face_batting]

C @};- S

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice on the newest drawing! =D= It looks very true to your reference photo, though for a Tahiri, you might consider putting her into something a little more "Jedi-like" as far as the clothing goes. Just my own opinion, but our "barefoot Jedi" just doesn't seem like the type of person who'd wear anything "ruffly," lol! I'm very impressed with the accuracy of the image so far, and will be looking forward to seeing some shading added in! And another PM coming your way on the digital camera issue...

FF

11. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Okay, cool!

Yeah ... it didn't seem like Tahiri.
    Maybe she's pretending to be Danni ... or maybe she's getting married. :D

Hey! I think I'll try to do an Anakin Solo one next..

C @};- S

12. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    =D= Glad to see the new post! The peaceful atmosphere really absorb me!

13. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    @};- Thank you, and I'm glad you like it!

14. SongofDreams

SongofDreams Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2006
    Hmmmm, it was good, how long did it take you to finish it, in total hours? I liked it over all...am I allowed to give concrit on this thread?

15. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Um, it took me about 2 - 3 hours. I wasn't working on it all day or anything. But it took me a couple days to get everything together for it.

C @};- S

16. SongofDreams

SongofDreams Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2006
    hmmm, ok. That's shorter than I would have expected. What excatly do you meen by "get it all together" ?

17. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Get my supplies together and find the right pose for Tahiri.

18. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  19. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    I have a question,Master person.The woman in the picture,the one wearing pink;was that Kristin Chenoweth? Ther's a remarkable resemblance between the two.

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, pretty! I really like Tahiri's character (and I think she's one of the most interesting-but-grossly-underused characters in the recent novels... [face_frustrated] ) and these are all wonderful pro-art portraits of her! Lovely--simple and not too cluttered--I like!

FF

21. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    More wonderful wallpapers--I like the first one best, I think: it sort of brings out the blended and more complete woman she became (in the novel "The Final Prophesy").

And what a great drawing of Lucy! Is this done, or will you be shading this in (consider doing this, as it'll really bring out the volume of the subject!)? Try backing up a little more with that camera--I think you're still just too close to the sketch book, and the little camera can't focus that close (look in the manual for the camera and find out the "closest focusing distance"--it should be something like two or three feet--around a meter, if that's your system... Make sure you're in a very brightly lit room when you photograph, too--otherwise the flash might be insufficient to illuminate the sketch). Keep up the great work, and keep posting your drawings!

FF

23. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    You See Falcon Fan...this is one of the many reasons why i'm a happy padawan!:D

24. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Tahiri Veila Wallpaper 800x600

Thanks, guys! [face_blush]

OK, FF, I'll try backing up more and looking in the manual. :)
    Thanks for all your help! :D

C @};- S

25. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.