main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Crossing Enemy Lines-- AU. (L/M, etc) Complete: 01/16/16.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    and you stopped there? :mad: just when it was starting to really get interesting.... nice cliffy

I hope you don't take as long to update

is it too soon to ask for more [face_batting]

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [:D] I think that was the hardest part so now it should go smoother barring DRL issues. :)

Falcon likes this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    :-D

Now the rest of this please?

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  4. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Sorry guys been busy and working on my book among other things.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Really intrigued by this, look forward to seeing the next installment. Well done! :cool:

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Welcome to the JC & this story TrustyTrooper @};-

TrustyTrooper likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nicely done!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Working on an update, LOL coincidentally with the premier of TFA. [face_batting]

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Awesome!

10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    TFA was a big motivator for me. I just felt the need to write something.

Lando Swarm and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    she lives after all :p

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Always [face_batting] L/M ever and always [face_love]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: And here it is, long-anticipated and umphy. :D

Tags for:

Jedi_Lover

Gemma

Briannakin

EGKenobi

Juliet316

Falcon

And one for Snokers

Luke gasped allowed as the haze dissipated from his mind. His eyes focused unsteadily on his lover, taking in the sight of her. Why had she come back?
    “Why are you here?” He managed to mumble out, his tongue feeling fat within his mouth. “I told you to leave. Why did you come back?!”

Surprise registered on Mara’s face.
    “To save you.” She said forcefully, as if it was obvious.

“No...” He muttered, shaking his head.
    For the first time, Luke’s eyes fell on the dark figure standing directly behind Mara Jade. Darth Vader. A sickness rolled over him. It was him. He brought her here. That was the only explanation!
    “Mara…get away from that thing.” He spat it out like an insult.

Mara’s eyes widened as if surprised and Palpatine let out a cackle behind him. Luke ignored this and mounted to his feet.

“I said, get away from him.” He repeated, his eyes shifted to a place to his left.

Mara followed his gaze and noticed a lightsaber encased on a far wall. It was enclosed within a glass case made out of Verital; the strongest glass ever.
    “Luke…”

She took a step forward, noting the wild look in his eyes. Her words were drowned out as the glass casing shattered and the lightsaber snapped hissed to life, soaring into his outstretched hand. He ignited it and struck out at Vader. Mara saw it happen in slow motion, but knew without a lightsaber she was helpless to stop it from happening. Acting quickly, she reached for the nearest lightsaber, her own on Vader’s belt and pulled it off. She ignited the blade just in time, her blade clashing with Luke’s, making a very audible crackling sound as the two blades crossed.

“What are you doing, Mara?” Luke hollered, clear surprise registering. “Why are you defending this monster?”

“It’s not what you think!” She yelled, gritting her teeth as she pushed back.
    Mara could hear Palpatine cackling. He was most likely enjoying the show. She gritted her teeth, stepping forward and trying her best to maintain her position.
    “This isn’t you! The Emperor has turned your mind against him!”

“And what about you? What has Vader done to you?”
    Mara let out a scoff.

“You’re truly blind if you believe that.” Feeling his mind floundering, Mara pushed hard with the Force, directing her efforts toward him. “Wake up!”

Luke was physically shoved backward and he almost dropped his lightsaber but retained his grip at the last minute. His eyes narrowed, glimmering with malice at Vader. Mara watched as he tightened his grip on the saber.

“Don’t. I don’t want to hurt you, Luke.”

“And I don’t want to hurt you. Stop getting in my way.”

This wasn’t working, Mara thought desperately, his mind though freed, was still slightly clouded. He wasn’t listening to a word she said!
    She faced Luke, with her saber humming between them. "It's him who's the actual manipulator." Her hard emerald gaze flicked to Palpatine, who was indeed watching everything with avid appreciation of the unfolding events. Doubtless playing right into his slimy schemes, Mara thought. This fueled her determination even further. "He's been leading you around and treating you like nothing more than a pet tooka on a string!"

Luke scowled, and yet, Mara was relieved to see he was hesitating, lowering his blade. The Emperor made as if to break in and try to reassert his dominance, but Mara took advantage of the lull as Luke's mind grappled with her words.
    She leapt up the steps of the dais in one fluid move.

But Palpatine was ready, unleashing a Force blast that sent her tumbling backwards, the saber dropping from her grip. Then he unleashed a volley of Force lightning at her defenseless form before she could gather her wits and breath,get to her feet, and retrieve her weapon.
    For his part, Vader watched. This was Mara's true test. He wanted to intervene, seal the triumph he could feel would be imminent and avert a catastrophic defeat if the Emperor prevailed ...
    He stood in readiness if the situation demanded, but held back so that Mara would be able to prove her mettle.

Luke, however, was not so sanguine nor did he see the broader picture.
    The last haze faded with the attack on Mara.
    He sprang to her side and coldly faced the emperor.

Vader observed him carefully, for any telltales that he was verging dangerously on uncontrolled anger. But instead of a hot fury, there was a frigid calmness.

Luke turned in place, knowingly giving his back to Vader, and witnessed the woman who had become his very soul struck down by dark force lightning. With a new purpose in mind, he advanced upon his Master, but Palpatine must’ve sensed his purpose and flung another blast of the lightning in his direction. He raised how blade just in and felt the force of the Emperor’s power batter against his lightsaber. The hilt practically shook in his hands as he strained to maintain his grip.

“You dare defy me!” Palpatine snarled, hurling power lightning in his direction. “you have failed to learn your lesson and thus failed me for the last time!” he increased the weight and knocked the lightsaber aside, driving Luke to his knees.
    Luke surprisingly showed no hint of the pain he should have been feeling: his conditioning. The girl was another matter. So he increased her torture tenfold, listening to her scream as his second disappointment looked on dispassionately.

“You have both failed.” Palpatine directed this statement to Vader as well as Luke. “How could it be otherwise? weaklings both of you.” He turned his attention back to Luke, the girl's scream filling him with pleasure. “I should have let him kill you when you were a child.” He gave a cruel smile.
    Luke did not rise to the jibe, but Palpatine could feel him prickle none the less. Instead, he sucked in a breath of air through his gritted teeth.
    “You’re not as strong as you think.” Luke willfully spat out.

A look crossed the Emperor’s face. One Luke had not expected.
    He strangely seemed more amused than angered. “I think it is you who are not as strong as he thinks. You are only as strong as I allow you to be.”

“I am so much more.” The former Hand corrected. “What are you afraid of, Master? Are you truly afraid I’d side with Vader? That I’d outgrow your influence? I’m sorry to say, Your Majesty, your control over me isn’t what you thought...”

His voice held mockery and challenge.
    Through a haze of pain and semi-consciousness, Mara heard Luke's words of defiance and his instant defense of her. it filled her with a pervasive sense of gratification. She was vindicated in her confidence that underneath it all, despite it all, he was still himself, not permanently damaged or tainted.
    She tried to marshall her waning strength to summon her saber, but she could not. The barrage seeped past her defenses and sapped her ability to concentrate with each passing second.

Vader listened to the Emperor's unveiled contempt, and something within him snapped free. He'd been a pawn a tool, for far too long! He had swallowed whole the Emperor's silky promises and half-truths and sacrificed more than he could have afforded to lose, which had in turn led to the suffering of countless beings. The weight of guilt could have been suffocating.
    Instead, he used it as an impetus for clarity and decisive action!
    Even as these thoughts formed, he moved between the Emperor and Mara, taking the brunt of the attack.
    This captured Palpatine's attention immediately, and his gaze fastened on Vader, as the latter deflected the Force lightning away from Mara for a precious handful of seconds.
    "On the contrary," He rumbled, his cold voice slicing through the charged air like a vibroshiv. "Luke has just shown he is anything but a weakling. Attachment and compassion, these are not the evils and crutches you have always claimed. I am no longer blinded by lies, either."

The Emperor gave a derisive laugh. "You are overconfident, my friend."

"I was never by any stretch of the term your friend." Vader retorted.

Luke’s eyes blinked rapidly. He watched in utter surprise as Vader willingly blocked the Emperor’s lightning, shielding and protecting Mara with his body. He couldn’t believe it.

“This will kill you!” Mara shouted at the Dark Lord.
    Vader didn’t respond, but the Emperor did. He seemed incensed at having another defiant servant and an obstacle to his prey. He blasted his apprentice with the lightning obviously intent on destroying him completely. Luke felt the burst directed at him dissipating and glanced at Mara briefly--she was recovering from the Emperor's blast, and scrambling for her lightsaber. Assured that she was fine, he sent her a message informing her of his intent.

Are you sure? She voiced.

I'm sure. It has to be me who ends this. Who ends him, were the unspoken words. I'll need a distraction--just for a moment. That's all I need. He realized Palpatine's attentions were returning to him, forcing him to spring into action.
    He barely avoided the lightning dancing back from it and caught on the blade.
    Mara moved into position around Vader, glancing at him with worry.

The man was now more focused on Vader’s defiance than Luke. The Hand slipped quickly into The Emperor’s blind spot, moving quickly up around the dais to his right. He raised his blade to strike and Palpatine momentarily averted his attention and raised up a hand to ward off Luke’s lightsaber.
    He cackled gleefully.
    “So that was your plan, was it not?” You’re all in this together - then you all wish to die together.”

“Not today.” Luke promised and dropped back, catching Palpatine off guard.

The Emperor sort of staggered; he threw up his hand once more to augment this falter. He focused a blast of Force at Luke and the man sank to his knees. More lightning was pouring forth as Palpatine switched his attention.
    From his peripheral vision, Luke could see Mara had abandoned Vader who had also fallen to his knees, and was creeping around to Palpatine’s left. It was just the opening he needed, really. Palpatine must’ve sensed her intent because his lips cruelly curled up.
    Luke felt a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

He heard Mara gasp as Palpatine held her throat in his Force grip and through her backward. She crashed back down the steps, landing in a heap next to Vader.
    Luke reached for her, assuring her that all was well. The anti-hero becomes the hero, he thought bitterly. That wouldn’t be so bad. He felt her mind feebly touching his as she tried to struggle to a sitting position. Luke turned his attention back to Palpatine, steeling his resolve and rising to his feet as Palpatine let forth another blast. He didn’t deflect with his lightsaber this time but let it directly hit his body. He felt the searing pain as the electricity played over it. It hurt so much.

What are you doing? Came Mara’s incredulous thought. Fight, Luke.
    “I am.” He stated, defiance in eyes.
    “Are you?” Palpatine hissed.
    Trust me, love.
    Mara’s heart skipped a beat at the endearment and she linked her mind with his as if gripping his hand. I do.

Luke seemed to nod mentally, the pain becoming stronger as he felt his knees buckle. He stepped forward, determined to get to Palpatine. He knew this might kill him and he was foolish as a haze engulfed his vision. He pondered this when a feeling of peace washed over. It was Mara…her assurance and Force power were drenching him.
    He embraced it fully.
    “You can’t defeat us, Your Majesty.”
    Luke then raised a hand in front of his chest, surprising the Emperor by catching the dark Force lightning in the palm of his hand.
    “We are more powerful together than you could possibly be alone.” He was truly alone without Vader, Luke thought smugly.

Mara’s mouth dropped open, also startled by the sudden show of power.

“He’s drawing on you.” Vader rasped.
    Mara’s head whipped about. “What?!”
    “He’s drawing on your Force power.”
    She realized then that he was right, the Force was leaking from her as if it was being sucked into a vortex. And it was all being directed at Luke. He was augmenting his power with her own!

The Emperors face became mottled with rage as his lightning seemed to do nothing but make his wayward hand more determined. He attempted to turn his attention back to Jade and Vader.
    "i'm your opponent!" Luke snapped and closed the gap in between them.
    With palm directed outward, he threw the emperors hand aside and planted his own against the emperors chest in one movement. Leaning in with the Emperor immobilized for the moment, he ignited his lightsaber and thrust it through the emperors chest.
    The Sith Lord stilled and Luke watch the emotions of shock pain and disbelief Play over his face. With his last bit of strength he jerked the lightsaber upward, laying the Emperor out and followed after, collapsing upon the dais himself.

Mara felt her world spinning out of control as she saw Luke collapse on the dais. Her intense connection to him had made her feel everything - be in syncrony with his every move. Now, suddenly, she was not so entwined but still strongly attuned to him and knew he was in grave peril.
    She held frantically onto Luke's force sense. It was there, but faint.
    "We have to get him out of here." She said in a choked rasp. "Hurry! Help me with him!"
    Her heart was bursting with pride and love and at the same time her mind was awash with trepidation.
    Could the universe be so cruel as to bring she and Luke together in such a great melding of power and closeness and to achieve such a resounding victory only to snatch him from her?!

++++

TBC [face_nail_biting]

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Brilliant story!! Thanks for the update....spectacular battle

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO poor Luke :( you better not leave this cliff for long....

more soon :)

17. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    It won't be. I plan to finish this collab before starting ion my own docs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Fiction

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That is just mean to wait to update for such a long time and then you leave us with a cliffy. :( Update soon!!!!!!!

Falcon likes this.
  20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, don't worry I've got an idea for the next part. I just need NH ok to write it....

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jinkies, another update!

Tagging:

Snokers Falcon

Briannakin Gemma

EGKenobi Jedi_Lover

Juliet316

~~~~~~~~!!!

Mara tugged at Luke’s heavy form, struggling to lift him, catching sight of his lifeless face and slack lips. She heard Vader shuffling along, barely able to make his way to them. She watched and realized he was no more able-bodied than she was; she couldn’t carry Luke on her own though.
    The Death Star shook as a salvo hit it, shaking the scaffolding and beams. She looked toward the window.
    “The Alliance is almost through,” She whispered, looking back to Vader then down at Luke. “We have to get him out of here. There’s not much time.” Getting Luke to a transport was the only hope in saving his life.
    She felt tears blur her vision and the station rocked again and a gantry loosed from its place above their heads and came crashing down. She winced and Vader stumbled. He stood there for a moment, staring up at them, his black cape billowing. He touched it briefly and pulled it off, offering it to her as he mounted a few steps.
    “Take this and use it.”

Mara eyed the cloak, a light clicking on in her head. “As a litter.” She murmured, “That’s a good idea.”
    Mara bent down, picking up Luke under the arms and hauling him with all her strength to the steps. If Vader could meet her even half way, they could get Luke down from there and to the turbolift. As she reached the edge of the dais, she saw the Dark Lord had reached the top of the steps. He was now wheezing harder and Mara felt a snag of guilt.
    He reached her and laid the cloak out on the steps below. Mara tugged and pulled at Luke until she managed to maneuver him onto it. Luke’s body bumped and jolted down the steps and she winced. She mentally shook her head. His life was on the line. Vader still had a grip on his end of the cloak and Mara straightened up, her muscles and body itself crying out in pain.
    “On my count,” She gritted out. “One, two three.”
    They lifted the inert body up, half carrying half dragging Luke down the steps. It was the best they could do given the circumstances. It took at least five minutes to get him all the way down the steps. “I can handle it from here.” She assured and hauled him the rest of the way into the waiting turbolift.
    Once inside, she checked for signs of life; it was even fainter, she looked up at Vader.
    “Thank you.” She whispered.
    “I’ve overridden the system. This will take you straight down to the hanger without stopping.”
    “Aren’t you coming with?” Mara’s voice trembled.
    Vader shook his head. “My strength is gone.” He explained then sort of stumbled and caught himself against the wall. “Now, go.”
    He triggered the turbolift.
    “What!?” was the last thing Mara uttered before the door shut.

----

Mara made it down to the hangar and the Death Star shook again, the blaring alert filled the air as the doors opened. She hurriedly pulled Luke across the floor, watching as crewmen dashed about, attempting to flee the imminent destruction of the spacestation. They paid no mind to the girl dragging the lifeless male form. Mara finally made it to a Lambda class shuttle, and with all her strength pulled him toward its lowered ramp. Somehow she managed to pull Luke up the ramp and toward seating in the back, the ship and the spacestation shaking.
    She eventually got him strapped in and felt for a pulse a second time before leaving his side. As she ran to the cockpit, slapping the hatch closed as she did, another rattle rocked the ship. She knew time was closing in. This was it, she thought, entering the cockpit.
    Within seconds, Mara had the ship powered up and lifting off the trembling hangar bay, as she maneuvered her way around the collapsing wreckage.

----
    A brilliant explosion appeared in her peripheral as the Death Star destructed in on itself. She was far enough out so as to escape the blast. She breathed a sigh of relief and looked back behind her. Mara unstrapped herself and rushed to the back. She dropped down next to her lover and felt for his pulse once more. She could feel his Force signature waning more, even before she felt for the pulse.
    “Hold on. Just hold on.” She whispered close to his face.

_____

Some hours later, aboard Home One, Mara was relieved that Luke was finally in the hands of the best of the Alliance's medical staff. She was fuming, on the other hand, because they had insisted she should wait in the outer lounge. Never one to cool her heels in the best of circumstances, Mara could not and would not sit still!

"You will come get me as soon as he's awake?" She had asked urgently. "He'll wonder where I am."

"Of course, Ma'am." The response had come with crisp professionalism.

Leia and Han entered, having noticed her waiting not so patiently, after being checked out themselves per routine following their groundside mission.

"Mara?" Leia rushed over and hugged her briefly. "Where did you go? What happened? Were you on the Death Star when it blew? We heard so many things and all the details contradicted one another."

Han scowled. "You look fine, Jade. Who's in the ICU?" He asked, indicating the sign above the doors Mara had so recently vacated.

Mara paused, before replying. "It's a very long story." She sighed.

"If it's something that needs to keep for the general debrief, we'll understand." Leia answered. "It can wait."

Han was bursting with curiosity. "Well, I for one want to know."

Leia shot him an amused look.

Mara made up her mind with her usual alacrity. She told them of the day's unbelievable events.
    She told it in such a way as to emphasize Luke's emotional manipulation by the Emperor. Leia's eyes shone with sympathy. She knew firsthand how cruel the Imperials could be.
    Mara downplayed somewhat Vader's role. She was not sure how much they would wish to believe.

At that point, a 4OneBee droid entered and told her succinctly that Luke's heart had stopped , twice within a 45-minute span.

Mara's heart froze. "Were you able to ..." She began and stopped, unable to finish.

"Yes, ma'am. Each time. The worst of the crisis seems to be over. The next 48 hours are critical, but he is stable. You do not need to wait here any further. If you check in tomorrow, that should suffice."

Mara felt suddenly drained. She realized she hadn't eaten all day and like she could sleep for a week! She would not do Luke any good if she collapsed, so she agreed.

But she promised herself that first thing in the morning - even before breakfast, she would check on his status.
    ----

Mara arrived the next morning bright early. She entered the room with trepidation and looked upon Luke’s sleeping face. He had an oxygen mask over his face and a monitor clamped to his finger. She’d spoken to the medic’s early and they’d told her they’d both been necessary to Luke’s recovery and observation. They needed to make sure he didn’t flatline again.

“His heart has become scarred by the…electricity.” The medic managed to say. “Frankly, he’s lucky to be alive from what you described is accurate, Ms. Jade.”

Mara knew these next 48 hours were critical. The medics hadn’t made her any promises and had only told her that Luke was out of the woods “for now”.
    She took a seat next to his bed, watching his chest rise and fall, the steady beep of the heart monitor to her right. She reached out and tentatively touched his hand then his face.
    “Luke, I’m not sure you can hear me, but please come back to me.” She whispered. “This isn’t right.” Tears were welling up in her eyes.
    This waiting, wondering when he would wake up, toyed with her emotions. She probably wouldn’t be able to get a proper night’s rest until he woke up.

---

Mara returned every morning and every evening for the next few days. Leia and Han joined her on occasion along with Chewbacca. Even Artoo and Threepio had come along for visits. Various friends dropped by to inquire about Luke only to be told the same thing over and over again.
    Then, on the fifth day during midafternoon, something startling happened. She was pealing a piece of fruit when the monitor began to beep loudly and rapidly. Startled she dropped the fruit and rushed to Luke’s side. Eyeing the heart monitor, she moved to hit the call button when a team of medics and nurses entered the room.
    “What’s going on?” She asked, fright in her voice.

One of the medics examined the monitor, not answering her yet.
    “Well? Someone tell me.”

“His brain is showing large amounts of activity,” A nurse said to the medic.

“Is that good?” Mara inquired.
    The medic looked at her, acknowledging her for the first time. “Quite good.” He nodded, “I think this may be the day.” He paused. “Why don’t you try talking to him? We’ll monitor his brain waves as you do.”

Mara nodded and bent down.
    “Luke. Are you there?” She whispered. “The docs say you’ve got life.” She looked to both monitors. “I mean…stronger anyway. Luke? Please open your eyes…” Mara’s voiced trembled. “Please.”

“That’s it, Ms. Jade, keep talking to him.”

“We’re not finished. You’ve still got a long way to go. We’ve never even dated.” She smiled as she said that. “I thought my life was okay until now...” She felt awkward, knowing people were listening, but continued, “But now that you’re in it. It’s even better.”

Both monitors let out loud blips and Mara’ gasped, her eyes widening as two pairs of blue eyes stared back up at her weakly.
    “Mara..” He croaked.

“Luke. Oh Luke.” She fell to her knees practically and draped herself over him. She was careful not to jostle his breathing mask. “Oh, Luke. I thought I’d lost you. Don’t you scare me like that! Doing something so reckless!”

“I’m sorry...” He whispered.

“You’d better be.”

“What’s going on?” A male voice said behind her

Han Solo stood in the doorway, curiously looking in, accompanied by Leia.

"Come in! Luke just came to!" Mara exclaimed. The worry that had been so in evidence in her expression was quickly being replaced by an air of tangible relief.

Leia came and greeted Luke warmly. She was genuinely glad he was better, for Mara's sake as much as Luke's.

Han teased Luke about Mara's preoccupation with his well-being. "Not the best way to find out a lady cares about you, though." He added, "But whatever works."

Mara rolled her eyes.

Luke's gaze drank in Mara's smile and vibrant green eyes - practically oblivious to the things Leia and Han were saying. His mind was clearing, and the last few moments aboard the Death Star were a blur still. But he figured that would ease in time.

Luke's health gradually returned over the coming days. He tired more easily than before the grievous injury, although the medics said that would improve given time and therapy. He was doing some strength retraining, not one to lie around and be inactive.
    Luke was now in a private room near the therapy wing. His health status was such that staff came in to check only twice daily. Visiting hours were also extended.
    Mara, Leia, and Han came by regularly to chat and between what he heard from them and was coming to recall on his own he was able to piece together the exciting details of all that had happened over Endor and even the continued sense of palpable victory.

-----

Two weeks later, Luke was convalescing in his private hospital suite. He was talking with Han, Leia and Mara. Han was doing his best to give Luke a hard time all the while playing a card game called Sabaac. It turned out Luke was very good at it and could surprisingly easily wipe the floor with Han.
    “Read ‘rm and weep, kid.” Han crowed victoriously
    Luke pulled a frown. “I’m pretty sure you cheated.”
    Han gave him a challenging look. “Those are fighting words you know.” There ribbing was done all in good fun.
    Luke shrugged “Could be. But what are you going to do about it?” He said, eyebrow raised. “I’m still a very sick man.” A minute smile twitched at his lips.
    “Sick man, my arse.”
    Luke grinned, before laying back against his pillow.
    “All right, you win.”
    “I knew you’d come around.”
    “For now.”

Mara and Leia were grinning over the scene of the two friends sparring verbally. Friends. Yes, that was what they all were. Friends.
    “Okay, boys,” Mara chided playfully. “Play nice.”

“I am playing nice.” Han said quite seriously.
    “Yeah, right.” Luke snarked.

Just then, the door whooshed open and a cadre of Alliance troops barged into the room. Mara sat up abruptly, back rigid. Han reached for his nonexistent weapon and Leia had a hand on his arm.

“Luke Skywalker, you are under arrest by order of General Madine.” One trooper said in a monotone.

“What!?” Erupted Han, Leia and Mara.

“On what charge?” Leia demanded, standing up.
    “What’s going on here?” Han demanded to know.

“I’m sorry, Princess Organa, but that’s not your concern.” The soldier said in a very clipped tone.
    Mara for her part was dumbstruck, she had subconsciously moved toward Luke as if to protect him. “You can’t do this.” She insisted.
    “We can. Ms. Jade, move out of the way of Skywalker.” He made a move as to reach for his sidearm. And gestured for one of his subordinates to move forward. “Ms. Jade, we don’t want to hurt you. Move out of his range; he’s dangerous.”

Han snorted.
    “Dangerous. Are you totally barmy?”

“I wasn’t made aware of this.” Leia looked imperiously upon them. “I want to speak to General Madine.”
    “You will get your chance.” The head soldier said.

Two more soldiers approached the bed at their commander’s gesture and were now flanking Luke. They were totally blocking Han and Leia’s access. Mara hadn’t removed herself from beside her lover. Han and Leia protested all the while, while the commander trained his sharp gaze on Mara.
    “I won’t say this again, Ms. Jade. Stand down or we’ll arrest you as well for obstruction.”

Luke reached up and laid a hand on Mara’s shoulder.
    “Mara, stand down.” He gently prodded. “I won’t have you be charged as well.”

“But, Luke!” She barely protested.
    Her green eyes found his blue ones, looking beseechingly. He shook his head.
    “We both knew this would come sooner or later. Please.”
    Mara’s face fell and Luke could feel her spirit droop. She hesitantly stepped aside and was jostled slightly as the soldiers approached. Luke had his wrists out and waited as they clamped the binders around them.
    “Be careful.” She cried out, “He’s still hurt.”

If the soldiers heard her, they didn’t show any hint of it. They led Luke past them and out the door; the commanding soldier casting one more look at the trio before disappearing himself.

+++++

AN: A cliffie, but not an insurmountable one, not with Leia, Mara, and Han in your corner. [face_love]

Falcon likes this.
  22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    they arrested Luke after he killed Palpatine. I can't wait to see what the reasoning is behind this one.

More soon

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, crap.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Succinct that. ;)

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Okay so we most likely won't have this done by years end but we can try there should be only one chapter left and an epilogue.