main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books CRUCIBLE by Troy Denning: The Official Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sorry, that's something I hadn't been aware of and didn't have in mind! No, what I had in mind are cases where you walk into a bookshop, see the book's out early and you buy it!

The kind of copy you've been issued with is quite different and you certainly should uphold those conditions.

2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

OH! Well with what you were talking about, I completely agree! Once the book is out, there's no need to hide spoilers. :)

Thank you for understanding.

3. TheDarthTony

TheDarthTony Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2013
    Ben and Tahiri aren't being made into a couple. Ben is still upset over what happened/is happening with Vestara, and Tahiri meets Omad Kaeg, a young man that works with Lando and is very reminiscent of a young Han Solo. This makes me think that Tahiri may have a good role in the new Trilogy and that they are setting this couple up for the new era.

kataja likes this.
  4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i would love to see tahiri in the movie

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Please giver her someone good to be with!

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hm, Tahiri in ep 7? Well, not making her a paedo would be a good start.

7. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    question is, will what makes tahiri, Tahiri be incorporated. Her experiences with the vong

8. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but if you haven't already done so, you can read the first 61 pages of Crucible here.

9. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
  10. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    okay i have been reading Crucible online. There are 60 some odd pages available. I am a little confused. I thought Luke's injury was spiritual against abeloth, yet he has physical injuries

11. Trisdin Gheer

Trisdin Gheer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2013
    Leia's flight suit-:rolleyes:
    A new, super-powerful super-dangerous reptile species- :rolleyes:
    Luke calling Seha 'Jedi Dorvald'- o_O
    The pupil having to restart his training- [face_not_talking]
    Tionne having a prosthetic leg- [face_sick]

Vestara being scared of Jaina- =D=
    Luke casually stopping a blaster bolt with his hand- [face_mischief]
    Jag- :cool:

12. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Yeah, that was kind of... yeah, I dunno.

Jedi initiate acting jerkish and hotheaded during a training exercise? OMG HE'S PRACTICALLY DARTH FURRY ALREADY GET HIM AWAY GET HIM AWA- wait, no. Let's calm down!

I mean, if you have super magic powers and you've training to be space samurai you're garunteed to get a big head and do something dumb at some point. Atleast let the guy stumble a few times in the process of being an apprentice so he can learn instead of knocking him back to 101 for a minor attitude problem.

Was that a commentary on the modern public education system of something?

13. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    What's odd about that?

14. Trisdin Gheer

Trisdin Gheer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2013
    It might be a more recent introduction, but I've never seen individual Jedi referred to as "Jedi...". It just seems a bit formal, and out of character for Luke, particularly since Seha's been serving as his aide. You'd think he'd be on a first name basis with her.

15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    They've been called "Jedi Surname" at least since LOTF, possibly even DNT. I recall someone calling one of the Solos, either Jacen, Jaina, or Leia, "Jedi Solo". In Abyss, I believe Kenth called Jaden "Jedi Korr". So it's pretty common in this era of EU. In fact, I believe Zahn used it that way in Outbound Flight, too, i.e. "Jedi Jinzler" said by Master C'baoth. Strangely, though, he calls Obi-Wan "Master Kenobi" and not "Jedi Kenobi". So I think it really just depends on the author's preference.

16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

There are reasons why GFFA humans breed like Lepi Rabbits, self defense is one of them as it seems. ;)

17. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    So I recall too. "Jedi XX" - is commonly used but the New Order. In a way I was rather pleased that Luke used it particularly about Seha, as there is a tendency (probably by RL authors) to use the first name as soon as the person in question is a woman. And that goes in general, not only Jedi. Then again, I can see your point dokratr0, since the formalily we see in the order wasn't anything natural in Luke from the start. I think it's in line with the development since JAT, though.

18. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    interesting from what i have read so afr from the long excerpt

19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Given the preview, let's hope Denning knocks this one out of the park. It could happen...

20. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    it looks good so far, but Denning is not that good at endings. we shall see.

21. Heat

Heat Jedi Master star 1

Apr 5, 2006
    I think I read the preview in Scoundrels, can't remember how many pages it was. Would be nice if there's a surprise preview for Sword of the Jedi.

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003

What super powerful super dangerous species? What can they do? Fly? Time travel? Bend Space? I hate it when the word super powered is used. Regardless of what they can do they are not Galactus or Thor or Superman or Green Lantern. Are they Mortis level or Mother Talzoin style? Then I can really think of them are super powered.

23. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Me too!

mrsvos likes this.
  24. Poli-Sci Jedi

Poli-Sci Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    There are already a few reviews on Shelfari. I'm posting one on my blog tomorrow night. My overall impression from my ARC is that most of the book kind of muddles, but the ending is wonderful. So even if you find you don't like the beginning, it's worth finishing the entire book.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Really? Someone just spoil the **** out of this book, already. I am not giving Denning of my money again.