main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Darth Digital's THX (tm) approved sounding off room.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Digital, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I suppose the word "Flatliner" is an understatement.

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    *Drum fill*

3. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I have seen this list before and had to laugh. Not because I think Star Trek fans are sad, because I am one, but because people take time to argue about this. No one show can be compared to the other really because they are worlds apart. Never-the-less I felt that I had to add my own two cents.

10. Deanna Troi discarded the bun after one season. Princess Leia still has those donut braids.

Jymm: First off, they are bagels. :p Second, I never saw Troi in a gold bikini.

9. Worf's speech is at least intelligible, but Harrison Ford has to translate for Chewbacca.

Jymm: Sorry I forgot how eveyone has to speak the same language mysterious. So should we also throw realism out the window. :p I love Diversity :D.

8. Star Trek villains do NOT have asthma.

Jymm: Say that to his face. :p

7. Star Wars spawned "Battlestar Galactica." The worst Star Trek ever did was "Babylon Five."

Jymm: And thats a good thing?? ZING!!

6. Spock-- 'nuff said.

Jymm: Ever hear of yoda? Lets see Spock take on Dooku like that. ;)

5. Star Trek-- the first space shuttle. Star Wars-- a hare-brained nuclear defense system.

Jymm: Star Trek-- slowly dieing. Star Wars-- Most successful film franchise.

4. Kirk met God and told him off; Sisko met Q and decked him flat; Luke Skywalker met Yoda and was speechless.

Jymm: No he wasn't lol he wouldn't stop whinning. Besides he survived Vader, Palpatine, Thrawn, Fett, Mara Jade...should i continue?

3. Star Wars androids look like electronic trash cans on wheels. Star Trek androids look like some people's ideal in masculine beauty.

Jymm:Artoo helped destroy the Death Star (both of them), he freed Naboo from the Federation, He rescued Padme (good job R2!), helped destroy Jaba the Hutt's empire, Was present at the obliteration of the sheild generator thus causing the collapse of the empire...should I continue. Don't get me started on R2 dude.

2. Star Wars: Princess Leia.
    Star Trek: Lt. Uhura, Nurse Chapel, Yeo. Rand, Lt. Saavik, Cmr. Troi, Dr. Crusher, Lt. Yar, Ens. Ro, Dr. Pulaski, Nurse Ogawa, Amb. K'ehleyr, Amb. Lwaxana Troi, Maj. Kira, Lt. Dax, Kai Winn, Lursa, B'etor, Cmr. Sela, Vash, Adm. Netcheyev, Cpn. Janeway, Lt. Torres, Kes. Hmm. . .

Jymm:You find Janeway, Dr. Pulaski and Torres hotter then Padme in that white Arena outfit and Leia in her slave bikini?? Dude you have issues.

1. Star Trek consists of 7 movies and 4 TV series, a total of approximately 375 hours, a figure climbing at warp speed. Star Wars, despite its following, is limited to 3 movies, a total of about 6 hours.

Jymm: Ooooh. I get it you Trekies like quantity over quality. Bigger doesn't always mean better.

LOL! So there you have a few of my observations...Again don't get me wrong I love both but never try to Push Star Wars off its Pedastal.

James

4. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Nice.

However in the defense of Babylon 5, I hardly think it was a bad show that was spawned from other works.

It grows on you.

5. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Well I will give it this much. They were smart enough to make their Captain a Sheridan :D

6. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Yeah, what was Warner thinking, naming their star after a bad hotel with cheap towels...

:p

Why not Commander York?

Captain Hilton?

Admiral Vahalla?

7. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Careful you might start losing fingers. :p

8. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I would post about Babylon 5... but I don't have the time or energy to keep this sort of discussion going.

Silly to say it was spawned from Trek...

9. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I was just reposting what the feller said...thought it was a larff.

10. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Don't feel bad Jimmy boy. At first I thought Babylon 5 was a shameless Pepsi to Deep Space Nine's coke.

Fortunately, I made the intelligent decesion to give it a chance and I know better now.

Mr. Morden;

"What do you want?"

Wil;

"Babylon 5, season 2 on Dvd by April..."

;)

11. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    the sky in my word is rubebarb.

12. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    the fish are laughing at me.

13. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    my plastic dilbert m&m dispenser is plotting to hurt me.

14. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Must you be so blasted litteral?!

Duker;

"Dan! Invaders! Fire at will!"

Wil;

"Dan! Put down the phaser-"

15. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    what if oranges were meant to be green would i still be allergic to them.

16. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    nine hundred chickens and a duker duck cant be wrong, fish still stink.

17. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    If a multiple personality threatens suicide, do we have a hostage situation?

18. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    if they survive how many accounts of accomplace to murder charges do they press.

19. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    "If a fella calls a girl from the hotel room at 2am in the morning, is that, or is that not, a booty call? Can ya tell me?"

*Cues up some Blackstreet in da house*

20. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    > my plastic dilbert m&m dispenser is plotting to hurt me.

I hope my dilbert M&M dispenser isn't in on this, or likewise plotting.

21. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    I have lost all track of what we are saying. Last this I expected was David posting about dilbert M&M dispensers!

Wil has taken over? :eek: !!!

On another note, I think I must be sick. I got home at about 1am.. (yes late, I know) coughed awhile, made myself a neo. Then halfway through gluping in down, I went into a fit of coughs. I made a b-line for the bathroom. The sad part is, my body tried to throw up.. yet there was nothing to puke! (For heavens sake! I could only take 3 bites out of an Apachie burger today! I must be sick!)
    So tommorow, if you see me online, tell me off! I need my rest!

22. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    david, all the dilbert M&M dispensers in the world are up to something, you know the way they sit there and stare.

23. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    Im ready for anything, i have a 2l diet PC cola, chips, dip, and a big box of assorted trek video tapes that are unmarked, oh the fun of it, my luck ill get every episode of voyager i hate and seen 7 or 20 times.

24. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Tessa:

You couldn't finish your appache burger? Man you are sick indeed. And slap Duker for me, keeping you out till 1am...No wonder your ill...

:p

Dan:

You have snacks and Trek tapes?

I am so there! Shall I bring a 12 of O.V?

;)

25. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    [face_plain] Duker doesn't mind being slaped! *rolls eyes* Well at least you see that I'm sick. I've been sleeping for awhile again. Phone keeps waking me up. I just hope I'm better for tommorow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.